Chelsea 0-2 Brentford

James

1 hour ago, DDA said:

You've made me feel alot better about  the situation... but  still fuck me this is ridiculous.. I'm feeling anxious.

What is concerning is I believe we have the worst record in the whole league across the last 14-15 games. Lose the last 6 or only pick up a point or two and that stretches to beyond a whole half season of form being the very worst in the league. This isn't just a bad run of form, it's a rot that has set in and needs the season to end to draw a line under it.

However, it is absolutely imperative that we start well next season because having experienced this season, I wouldn't be confident if we got caught in a similar position again of actually being able to fight our way out of it.

The funny thing is with a settled squad, a better manager, getting this squad really fit in the summer, no european football and we can add a goalscorer in the summer, I'll actually be disappointed if we couldn't make top 4 next season. 

28 minutes ago, Seymop said:

Agree with many previous comments — a true striker would help but that’s no good unless you get the ball to him in the right place,at the right time !! We have a dismal record with — Lukaku,Morata,Werner,Torres,Auba etc etc. Whatever we think of them — we totally failed to utilise their strengths   We need to get the supply chain right and then get a striker and stick with him

Wiith Torres, Morata we were doing well. Remember 6-0 against Arsenal inside 20 minutes ?
Things got progressively bad, then desperate after Hazard left and also after Willian, Giroud left.

8 hours ago, DDA said:

You've made me feel alot better about  the situation... but  still fuck me this is ridiculous.. I'm feeling anxious.

• 5,682 posts
  • Fav Player: Thiago Silva Thiago Silva
  •  Joined 29 Aug 2011
  9 hours ago, DDA said:

People acting asif we are 100% safe... we fucking ain't safe... we could actually go down.... one of those bottom 3 clubs go on a miracle run and we are fu ked.

If you're tracking this, results went well tonight.

With Southampton losing they can only match our points tally now at most with a 25 goal differential to make up so that is as good as one down. They also still play Forest so if they were to win all 5 games, it means Forest must drop 3 points and they themselves need 10 from 15.

Everton's loss means they also now need 12 points from a possible 15 to go above us as their goal difference is equally poor like Southampton. Note that they still have to play City, and they also have Leicester away next. Leicester themselves need 10 points from a possible 15 to go level with us so a draw in that could near enough be that.

Leeds also need 10 from 15 to overtake us and still have City and Newcastle to play in their next 3 games.

40 minutes ago, Superblue said:
  • 5,682 posts
  • Fav Player: Thiago Silva Thiago Silva
  •  Joined 29 Aug 2011
  9 hours ago, DDA said:

People acting asif we are 100% safe... we fucking ain't safe... we could actually go down.... one of those bottom 3 clubs go on a miracle run and we are fu ked.

If you're tracking this, results went well tonight.

With Southampton losing they can only match our points tally now at most with a 25 goal differential to make up so that is as good as one down. They also still play Forest so if they were to win all 5 games, it means Forest must drop 3 points and they themselves need 10 from 15.

Everton's loss means they also now need 12 points from a possible 15 to go above us as their goal difference is equally poor like Southampton. Note that they still have to play City, and they also have Leicester away next. Leicester themselves need 10 points from a possible 15 to go level with us so a draw in that could near enough be that.

Leeds also need 10 from 15 to overtake us and still have City and Newcastle to play in their next 3 games.

So Leicester are the only team to worry about really! They genuinely have the players to pull of a shock.

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

So Leicester are the only team to worry about really! They genuinely have the players to pull of a shock.

Leicester still have Liverpool and Newcastle themselves but I would agree they are probably the 'most' likely out of the lot to pull off a chain of results.

I think Forest's run in is the easiest though, although as mentioned earlier we play them at home and that is really our game to shut all of this talk off.

Without wanting to jinx things, I think Leeds and Everton will both struggle getting near our current points total.

19 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I'm not sure moving Enzo higher up the field would necessarily be the right call, as I have reservations about his passing ability; however, I concur with the rest. I had hoped Mount could have filled that AMF/creative role, but he just doesn't have that killer instinct.

The fact that Ziyech is the most creative attacker (passing-wise) we have is saying something. 

If Ziyech is the most creative attacker, then serious questions need to be asked as to why the club thought it was a good idea to spend 35+ million on Sterling, 30+ on Madueke and 70+ million on Mudryk....then there was the 15+ million on 5 months of Felix who hasn't been able to create more than 1-2 goals in his time here. 

You don't just sign players for the sake of it, this was the chance to build a squad but now we're stuck with players no-one else wants and we're likely getting a manager who will have to work with what he's got as there is every chance FFP comes to bite us without UCL money next season. 

Compare us to Newcastle and they are absolutely flying....Bruno G was a class signing and their big name signing is actually looking the goods up front (Isak). 

Another thing that perplexes me is this:
Let's accept as a fact that we 're no longer capable of taking on Real Madrid-City-Bayern, possibly PSG and some others.
Because those have found the cream of the planet and we did n't and it's difficult to match them.
But Fulham, Brighton and Brentford ???

2 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

If Ziyech is the most creative attacker, then serious questions need to be asked as to why the club thought it was a good idea to spend 35+ million on Sterling, 30+ on Madueke and 70+ million on Mudryk....then there was the 15+ million on 5 months of Felix who hasn't been able to create more than 1-2 goals in his time here. 

You don't just sign players for the sake of it, this was the chance to build a squad but now we're stuck with players no-one else wants and we're likely getting a manager who will have to work with what he's got as there is every chance FFP comes to bite us without UCL money next season. 

Compare us to Newcastle and they are absolutely flying....Bruno G was a class signing and their big name signing is actually looking the goods up front (Isak). 

Sterling cost just short of £50m. I was against the signing from day one, but once again, those making such calls fail to see the blatantly obvious. 

As I stated in the previous post, the majority of signings under Boehly's ownership are for the future, which includes Mudryk as well. The business we did last summer was dire, and it's showing with us wanting to offload most before the season has even come to a close.

Newcastle have completely different expectations, having just avoided relegation last season and playing this season with no European commitments to worry about. Let's see if the same players can deliver when the stakes are much higher.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Ziyech is probably the most limited footballer I have seen in the last 10 years

I take it that's based on his occasional appearances for us rather than for the Ajax side that reached a Europa League final in his debut seasons (providing 20 assists in 46 games) or the Ajax that choked in the CL semis (involved in 45 goals in 49 games).

Your statement is very telling.

Edited by LAM09