Chelsea 0-2 Brentford

James

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

People acting asif we are 100% safe... we fucking ain't safe... we could actually go down.... one of those bottom 3 clubs go on a miracle run and we are fu ked.

It's incredibly unlikely because it's not just one of the clubs at the foot going on a miracle run but three of them.

For starters, if Southampton lose tonight, the best they can manage is to reach our points and their goal difference is 24 worse than ours so that would be one that could be written off.

If Everton draw or lose to Newcastle tonight they are staying second bottom and will need 11 or 12 points from a possible 15 to go above us (as again their goal difference is significantly worse).

Leicester need 10 points to go level with us and to be fair their goal difference isn't much worse than ours, but again they only have a possible 15 points. 

Leeds and Forest would both likely need to get ahead of us rather than level, so they're both 10 from a possible 15.

Leicester and Everton still have to play each other and Forest and Southampton likewise so someone or both will take points from each other. Everton and Leeds still have City to play, Leicester have Liverpool and are Newcastle's last home game of the season. It's also in our hands to effectively stop Forest from catching us as we play them at home (even a draw in that would suffice).

It's not beyond the realm of possibility which in itself is a disgrace, but 3 of the above need to get those points hauls to reel us in which does make it even more unlikely. I think with five of them down there too, it opens up more chance that in some games these teams might set up to not lose as opposed to going for the win, especially in away fixtures as any points will be massive at this point in the season. 

It does not take away though that we're basing all of these what if scenarios on the assumption we take no points from our last 6 games, and those assumptions are very realistic that we could easily go and lose the rest of our games this season. It's embarrassing and pathetic. 

34 minutes ago, Superblue said:

It's incredibly unlikely because it's not just one of the clubs at the foot going on a miracle run but three of them.

For starters, if Southampton lose tonight, the best they can manage is to reach our points and their goal difference is 24 worse than ours so that would be one that could be written off.

If Everton draw or lose to Newcastle tonight they are staying second bottom and will need 11 or 12 points from a possible 15 to go above us (as again their goal difference is significantly worse).

Leicester need 10 points to go level with us and to be fair their goal difference isn't much worse than ours, but again they only have a possible 15 points. 

Leeds and Forest would both likely need to get ahead of us rather than level, so they're both 10 from a possible 15.

Leicester and Everton still have to play each other and Forest and Southampton likewise so someone or both will take points from each other. Everton and Leeds still have City to play, Leicester have Liverpool and are Newcastle's last home game of the season. It's also in our hands to effectively stop Forest from catching us as we play them at home (even a draw in that would suffice).

It's not beyond the realm of possibility which in itself is a disgrace, but 3 of the above need to get those points hauls to reel us in which does make it even more unlikely. I think with five of them down there too, it opens up more chance that in some games these teams might set up to not lose as opposed to going for the win, especially in away fixtures as any points will be massive at this point in the season. 

It does not take away though that we're basing all of these what if scenarios on the assumption we take no points from our last 6 games, and those assumptions are very realistic that we could easily go and lose the rest of our games this season. It's embarrassing and pathetic. 

You've made me feel alot better about  the situation... but  still fuck me this is ridiculous.. I'm feeling anxious.

Yea, relegation is really not a threat. We only won 3 games out of the last 17 and we just dropped 1 position, from 10th to 11th. Teams below us are shit as well and are playing against each other so take points off each other. 

In a way its kinda funny how we can lose 5 games in a row and dont drop a single position

Edited by Gundalf

2 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I just don't get how we have become allergic to scoring goals, especially at home.   Like how are the players not motivated to put in a decent shift at their home ground? 

Teams know they don't have to beat us anymore, they just turn up and make sure to run around the pitch and our players give up.  All this talk of players saying "we have to do better" but not a single player in the first team can say that they put in a 8/10 performance on the pitch and this has been going on since December or earlier than that. 

When you have HAVETZ or Sterling as CF you have 1% of scoring, they never stay in the box as was shown again last night

1 minute ago, HEREIAM said:

When you have HAVETZ or Sterling as CF you have 1% of scoring, they never stay in the box as was shown again last night

Exactly, its the same pattern over and over again:

image.png.b4c2445c3e6d737709502074421a2e33.png

image.png.183e2c3eae63939970daa5ecc636e076.png

Spot the difference. 

Those players we have are all sticks of wood dressed in football shirts.
They cannot move the ball into the opponent's area and if you cannot move the ball into the opponent's area then with or without a proper striker you won't score a goal.

The only exception yesterday was Kante who was given an attacking role.
You could see how he differed from the others and he also had a good effort at goal.
Unfortunately he is awful at passing the ball (always so) and could be of no more help.
The rest are sticks of wood.

Edited by cosmicway

10 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Those players we have are all sticks of wood dressed in football shirts.
They cannot move the ball into the opponent's area and if you cannot move the ball into the opponent's area then with or without a proper striker you won't score a goal.

The only exception yesterday was Kante who was given an attacking role.
You could see how he differed from the others and he also had a good effort at goal.
Unfortunately he is awful at passing the ball (always so) and could be of no more help.
The rest are sticks of wood.

People need to get this idea that a number 9 will solve our problems out of Thier heads because I garentee you it won't, man city managed without a proper 9 for a number of years and won pretty much everything. A number 9 will help but it isn't the cure.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

9 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

People need to get this idea that a number 9 will solve our problems out of Thier heads because I garentee you it won't, man city managed without a proper 9 for a number of years and won pretty much everything. A number 9 will help but it isn't the cure.

A number 9 might not solve the problem per se, but RELIABLE goal scorers will help drastically. 

Edited by LAM09

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

A number 9 might not solve the problem per se, but RELIABLE goal scorers will help drastically. 

Both statements are true.
If we had Diego of 2017 now and the rest as they are, things would be better.
But the absence of mobility is the bigger problem and with a free flowing team, I d' settle for Ba or Remy.

3 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Both statements are true.
If we had Diego of 2017 now and the rest as they are, things would be better.
But the absence of mobility is the bigger problem and with a free flowing team, I d' settle for Ba or Remy.

Costa benefited massively from Cesc being in the team. If Costa was part of our current team, who would be able to find him?

Our transfer business has been more than questionable for years now. We keep looking years down the line rather than addressing the spine of our side.

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Costa benefited massively from Cesc being in the team. If Costa was part of our current team, who would be able to find him?

Our transfer business has been more than questionable for years now. We keep looking years down the line rather than addressing the spine of our side.

I think it will help massively if we get a proper DM and move Enzo forward, your right a goal scorer will make things easier, but ATM our build up play is that bad even haaland would struggle. This has been in the making for years, all these defence minded managers we have had, has slowly taken all our attacking identity away. The last proper attack minded manager we had was sarri and it was like teaching donkeys how to walk on 2 legs.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

2 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I think it will help massively if we get a proper DM and move Enzo forward, your right a goal scorer will make things easier, but ATM our build up play is that bad even haaland would struggle. This has been in the making for years, all these defence minded managers we have had, has slowly taken all our attacking identity away.

I'm not sure moving Enzo higher up the field would necessarily be the right call, as I have reservations about his passing ability; however, I concur with the rest. I had hoped Mount could have filled that AMF/creative role, but he just doesn't have that killer instinct.

The fact that Ziyech is the most creative attacker (passing-wise) we have is saying something. 

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm not sure moving Enzo higher up the field would necessarily be the right call, as I have reservations about his passing ability; however, I concur with the rest. I had hoped Mount could have filled that AMF/creative role, but he just doesn't have that killer instinct.

The fact that Ziyech is the most creative attacker (passing-wise) we have is saying something. 

From what I have seen of Enzo so far his passing is brilliant, his problem ATM is there is 0 movement Infront of him, every time we get in the final 3rd it's like the lads are playing musical statues and the fucking musics stopped 🤣

Edited by YorkshireBlue

Agree with many previous comments — a true striker would help but that’s no good unless you get the ball to him in the right place,at the right time !! We have a dismal record with — Lukaku,Morata,Werner,Torres,Auba etc etc. Whatever we think of them — we totally failed to utilise their strengths   We need to get the supply chain right and then get a striker and stick with him