Chelsea 0-1 Southampton

ZAPHOD2319

3 minutes ago, different level said:

Lol. I bet most of you guys were like: "We might be bad, but at least we're good enough to win against the worst side in the league". Apparently we're not. Potter out.

We are the worst side in the league mate 😂😂😂

this is not only on potter, who says that is simply blind.

like we havent seen in the past the same shit from the Chelsea players. its so obvious seeing how we played vs dortmund and now. they clearly dont give a fuck about the pl games since we cant win it or be in the top4. 

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'm all for Potter getting time. But you can't lose to teams like this. 

He probably should go. lol

I'd have to agree with this. I want time to be afforded, and can accept at the moment some patience in the games against stronger opposition but a game like this carries zero excuses. 

The performance so far has been lifeless, application is all wrong and we're deservedly behind.

You have to argue this is the most important 45 minutes to Potter's Chelsea tenure so far coming up. 

Just now, whats happening said:

like we havent seen in the past the same shit from the Chelsea players. its so obvious seeing how we played vs dortmund and now. they clearly dont give a fuck about the pl games since we cant win it or be in the top4. 

This sort of feeling is something that disgusts me. If Potter is to go, this is something that has to be stamped out immediately; you're playing for the club, first & foremost.

And to think I was actually looking forward to this one after promising signs against Dortmund. I figured this was a good match to score a few goals and completely dominate a side who have looked destined for the drop.

We have one of the most loaded and talented squads in the world but play like a side who just formed last night and hav never seen one another before.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Even at Arteta's worst phases, the players believed he had a plan. I don't see how Potter gets the players to believe in him if the last few months are anything to go by.

Maybe his plan is to keep our goal difference on 0...its bad how we've played 23 games and never reached double figures even for a moment..that and stay 10th

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

We weren’t exactly hugely consistent v Dortmund though either. Maybe played good for around 20-25 minutes.

All the changes we’ve made you would think the team would be fresh but they aren’t showing it at all. Outfought to every first or second ball. Every header. Everything. Only side I’ve seen make Southampton look reasonably good in a while.

some of the players are not good enough; individual errors, lack of confidence in finishing is not on potter alone, but he has us on low xG and underperforming even that, playing turgid, boring, predictable football with a holey defence... there is just not a single metric we can see any kind of  either larger plan or gradual improvement in.

You can't blame it on injuries or too many new signings either. The ones who have worked with him from day 1 are even worse than new newer incomings. Something is just dragging everyone down.