Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

James

Cucurella is one of the worst players I have seen for Chelsea. He is like a dog who enters the field in an ameteur game and running tryinthg to catch the ball. Brainless, weak, terrible decisions.. For 60 million. Sterling plays week aswell but at least we see he can be good just underperforming. But this goofy guy with his ugly hair is just pointless, has zero to offer. From most expensive fullback ever, I was expecting something like Cancelo or prime TAA, but he is like Bosingwa or Zappacosta. Awful, terrible player.

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

What do those screaming for a new manager actually expect though? 

It is a matter of pick your poison with this team as it is now. Put in all new players and risk getting even worse. Or keep as is, come back after the new transfer window, and have your midfield set and a team that knows how to play with each other everywhere else. 

Zakaria and kovacic were on the bench 

no excuse for not playing a better midfield 

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

What do those screaming for a new manager actually expect though? 

It is a matter of pick your poison with this team as it is now. Put in all new players and risk getting even worse. Or keep as is, come back after the new transfer window, and have your midfield set and a team that knows how to play with each other everywhere else. 

Play players in the correct position would be a start. Bringing in Kova in when you need a goal. Continuing to start an over paid left back that is probably the worst player on the pitch. These would be a start IMO.   

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Sterling is NOT shit... it's the absolute state of how we are set up. Our midfield is dogshit. NO team van play without the engine performing...  we are a Ferrari running with a Fiat engine.

Agree. Sterling presses well and is an okay attacker. One of a small number of semi-decent footballers in this squad.

He's not connected to the issues in this team. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyeye said:

regardless of who played or not, this current team is dogshit, you can’t make an omelet with rotten eggs. Need a proper clean up, only time will tell what Potter can actually do, but he doesn’t inspire me any confidence atm.

It's dogshit but it was Michael Oliver who won this match.

We are shit. But most of the blame lies not with Potter. We  haven't signed well at all.

Jorghinho is not good enough, and should have been sold after the CL

RLC shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Havertz was a one trick pony when we signed him, and remains one.

Aubemayang was a desperate signing by TT to try and save his job. It wasn't going to work. 

I can go on ...

I can excuse the rubbish that we signed under Lampare, but TT had enough time to rebuild the team. Instead he left it weaker than the one he inherited. 

The problem now for Potter is, how do you bench the big, older players without your season unravelling? Because he needs to move on from these past their best. If he is to survive, he must take apart this team at the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Kerg said:

Play players in the correct position would be a start. Bringing in Kova in when you need a goal. Continuing to start an over paid left back that is probably the worst player on the pitch. These would be a start IMO.   

Again, who do we play at LB? 

Kova and Zak should have started but at the same time, they both have some fitness clouds hanging over them. 

Just now, cosmicway said:

It's dogshit but it was Michael Oliver who won this match.

I don’t think we can blame anyone other than our lack of build up play. We rarely got the ball in dangerous places to score and when we did on a few occasions it was just a blind wild cross.

Just now, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I don’t think we can blame anyone other than our lack of build up play. We rarely got the ball in dangerous places to score and when we did on a few occasions it was just a blind wild cross.

And then back to them it went...though did have one shot on target which is nice I guess

Honestly I don't see a cohesive attacking line out there. It looks like they are just colleagues showing up for work, no teamwork AT ALL.  At least when we had Timo they had an understanding, they just missed a lot of chances. 

Also RLC playing so much does not mean he has improved and changed as a player, it shows how low our level has become as a club.

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

But it was his goal.

Looks like there's a lot of blame for Potter. He does make questionable decisions; e.g. players like RLC are nowhere near good enough and shouldn't be in consideration for a squad place. However, I don't think we should pretend this team where playing amazing, swashbuckling football under Tuchel. This fixture last season was 2-4!

There is a serious problem with players at this club. I don't know if it's the psychological profile of players we recruit or if there is something at the club that turns players into wimps, but it needs to be identified and fixed as soon as possible. If it isn't then it doesn't matter who the manager is, the players will continue to stroll around, pass back/sideways, give up soft goals and ultimately lose to all but the most weak, depleted and/or demoralised opponents. Any team that turns up with a bit of physicality makes these players soil themselves! They just can't handle it.

Looking forward to the post match insta posts from the "leaders" of the team: "they wanted it more", "it's not good enough", "we have to work, work, work". I wish they'd walk, walk, walk, right out of the club. 

2 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Honestly I don't see a cohesive attacking line out there. It looks like they are just colleagues showing up for work, no teamwork AT ALL.  At least when we had Timo they had an understanding, they just missed a lot of chances. 

Also RLC playing so much does not mean he has improved and changed as a player, it shows how low our level has become as a club.

Because you can't create a title challenging team with unbalanced players in attack and midfield.  

Havertz and Mount do the same fucking thing and neither of them can create or score. 

Sterling hugs the touchline half the time and looks uninspired. 

Aubameyang can't ever touch the ball. 

Ruben offers fuck all defensively and in attack.