Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal

James

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

all these years of clown car transfer decisions and horrific contract management cockups are catching up to us

I want a time machine just so I can go back and prevent that disaster 2017 summer window. 

It's where it all began. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I want a time machine just so I can go back and prevent that disaster 2017 summer window. 

It's where it all began. 

and buy Alisson from Roma and sell Cuntois for 80m that Real were offering

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Sterling is a bust

insane we could have had Jesus and chose him

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Rubbish. 

Sterling would have 10 goals at Arsenal and Jesus would be on 2 if the roles were reversed. 

I have always considered Sterling a slightly above average player at best. He benefited big time from City's system, who have always had a world class midfield that can actually pass a ball around with intent. Going against City in the past Sterling never scared me as an individual player, I was more concerned about the Silvas, KDBs and Agüeros of the team who could create something out of nothing... Sterling wasn't that kind of player, he was good at getting at the end of things with his pace, but not much else.

At Chelsea, too much focus is put onto him to carry the team - he will not and to expect him to do so is setting him up for failure. He is not a Hazard type of player.

I did n't see the first half because it was too early.
In the second half they dominated before and after their goal.
So if they had n't scored I don't really see how we could have won this - we were playing rubbish football.
But their goal was an Oliver gift really. Tiago was floored and instead of a foul he allows play to continue and they win the corner.
There was a replay as well and Tiago is bumped from behind when at full pace and he is downed.

Edited by cosmicway

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

these are all Ferrari designed engines

V6

Tipo 059 (90° V angle) – designed by Luca Marmorini
2014–2015 1598 cc –– turbocharged – Ferrari F14 T, Ferrari SF15-T, Marussia MR-03, Marussia MR-03B, Sauber C33, Sauber C34
Tipo 061 (90° V angle, 1600 cc turbocharged)
2016 – Ferrari SF16-H, Haas VF-16, Sauber C35
2017 – Sauber C36
Tipo 062 (90° V angle, 1600 cc turbocharged)
2017 – Ferrari SF70H, Haas VF-17
2018 (062 EVO) – Sauber C37, Haas VF-18, Ferrari SF71H
Tipo 064 (90° V angle, 1600 cc turbocharged)
2019 – Ferrari SF90, Alfa Romeo C38, Haas VF-19
Tipo 065 (90° V angle, 1600 cc turbocharged)
2020 (065) – Ferrari SF1000, Alfa Romeo C39, Haas VF-20
2021 (065/6) – Ferrari SF21, Alfa Romeo C41, Haas VF-21
Tipo F163 (120° V angle, turbocharged)
2022 2,992.4 cc – Ferrari 296 GTB

V8

Tipo F136 Ferrari
2004–2009 4308 cc –– F430
2007–2019 4691 cc –– Maserati Quattroporte V, Maserati GranTurismo, Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
2008–2014 4297 cc –– California
2009–2015 4499 cc –– 458
Tipo 056 (F1 engine) (designed by Gilles Simon)
2006–2013 2398 cc –– 248 F1, F2007, F2008, F60, F10, 150° Italia, F2012, F138, Force India VJM01, Red Bull RB2, Spyker F8-VII/VIIB, Toro Rosso STR2/2B, STR3, STR4, STR5, STR6, STR7, STR8, Sauber C29, C30, C31, C32
Tipo F154 (turbocharged)
2013–present 3797 cc –– Maserati Quattroporte GTS/Trofeo, Maserati Levante GTS/Trofeo, Maserati Ghibli Trofeo
2014–present 3855 cc –– California T, GTC4Lusso T, Portofino, Roma
2015–present 3902 cc –– 488, F8
2020–present 3990 cc –– SF90 Stradale

V10
Ferrari used V10 engines only for F1 racecars, between 1996 and 2005.

A 2004 Ferrari model 053 V10 engine of the Ferrari F2004
75°
1996–1997 2998 cc – F310, F310B
80°
1998–1999 2997 cc – F300, F399
90°
2000–2005 2997 cc – F1-2000, F2001, F2002, F2003-GA, F2004, F2005

V12/Flat 12

Ferrari iron block (Tipo F130 and F310) (65° V angle)
1994–1999 –– 333 SP
3,997.12 cc – 650 PS at 11,000 rpm (Bore 85 mm X Stroke 58.7 mm) 333.1 cc and 54.17 PS per cylinder – 162.62 PS/litre
1995–1997 –– F50, F50 GT
4,698.49 cc – 749 PS at 10,500 rpm (Bore 85 mm X Stroke 69 mm) 391.54 cc and 62,42 PS per cylinder – 159.42 PS/litre
Tipo F140 (65° V angle)
2003–2012 5998 cc – Enzo Ferrari, 599 GTB Fiorano/ 599 GTO, Maserati MC12
2005–present 6262 cc – FF, GTC4Lusso, F12berlinetta/F12tdf, LaFerrari
2017–present 6496 cc – 812, Daytona SP3

More reference to the point Fiat used to own majority of Ferrari.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

I try to keep as balanced a view as possible when it comes to Chelsea, but unfortunately there's absolutely nothing positive with today.

I'm struggling to remember watching a Chelsea game (dead rubber's aside) with such a distinct lack of effort and direction. Watching us still playing the ball around the backline with a few minutes to go and not playing with an urgency to move the ball quicker and more direct was frankly unforgiveable. Arsenal didn't get out of second gear the whole game and they didn't need to. It was quite frankly embarrassing.

For me, Potter needs time to put a stamp on this side but at present he isn't helping things with the constant tinkering of systems and personnel. We looked so out of sync today from defence to attack. Coming back from the World Cup, he has to find a more settled team and start playing what he sees as his strongest XI on a more regular basis. I'm all for having the versatility and willingness within the coaching and playing departments to be capable of playing different systems and making necessary changes in game, but it does have the feel currently of somebody overthinking things. 

The team he had at Brighton was aggressive and brave on and off the ball. There was intensity and purpose to their play in equal measure and at present I see none of that. Our pressing and work off the ball was a key strength in the early days under Tuchel, it made us incredibly difficult to play against but we lost a lot of that when Lukaku was added to the picture and since then it's been a huge weakness. We put no pressure today on Partey or Arsenal's defence and made it incredibly easy for them to retain possession and get the ball into attacking areas of the pitch. 

Make no mistake though, the team has been on a slow decline now throughout the entire 2022 calendar year. We can't keep trying to find quick fixes for things. A couple of signings in January aren't going to be the solution if they're not moves that significantly improve on our strongest XI and address weaknesses within our squad. We're crying out for a revamp in midfield and getting someone to anchor that midfield is an absolute must, but it cannot come at a premium cost for an average player in January. If this team is to be rebuilt it must be done properly and the outlook might have to be on the next couple of years and multiple transfer windows to get each piece to the puzzle that we need. 

39 minutes ago, Superblue said:

For me, Potter needs time to put a stamp on this side but at present he isn't helping things with the constant tinkering of systems and personnel. We looked so out of sync today from defence to attack. Coming back from the World Cup, he has to find a more settled team and start playing what he sees as his strongest XI on a more regular basis.

this is a very valid point

plus we need to stop being cursed with massive injuries 

42 minutes ago, Superblue said:

We're crying out for a revamp in midfield and getting someone to anchor that midfield is an absolute must, but it cannot come at a premium cost for an average player in January.

the only WC (or well on the way) MFers (non AMFs) who we have a remote shot at atm are

Jude Bellingham
Declan Rice
Frenkie de Jong    
Nicolò Barella 

Bruno Guimarães (I think he is now at WC level or damn close)  
Sergej Milinković-Savić   
Mikel Merino
Marcos Llorente  

then potentials

Moisés Caicedo 
Enzo Fernández   
Kouadio Koné

Martín Zubimendi   
Amadou Onana
Danilo  
Roméo Lavia  
Yunus Musah  
Khéphren Thuram  
Luka Sucic

plus these 2 veteran solid DMFs

Teun Koopmeiners   
Guido Rodríguez  

I always was pessimistic going into this game with our injuries and the way we have been playing and the way Arsenal were playing. 

Thought Potter got his tactics wrong from beginning. Went way too offensive line up without defensive cover. Jorginho in a 2 man midfield against Arsenal with the way they play was suicide. They honestly battered us all game and the scoreline should have been a lot more. We were lost in defence and attack and was only for Arsenal's profligacy why the scoreline looks respectable. I know Potter will take time to get his methods across but I don't know what we have been doing in preparation for this game. The team was lost.

Kovacic should have come on first half immediately and Aubameyang should have come off earlier. He was a ghost. Broja did more in his first 5 mins on pitch than Auba did all game. I feel that sometimes Potter is starting Auba on rep and not actually anything else as I struggle to see how Broja cannot get more than one start this season. Sterling barely threatened them at all but what was so depressing to watch was us succumb to Arsenal and look so inferior. We let them run all over us. Mount ineffective. Cucurella's weight loss is obvious as he looks so feeble out there.

Newcastle winning topped of bad weekend. If they beat us next week, which I think they will, we drop 9 points behind them already. I normally have some form of optimsm in posts, but not today. Shocking. Injuries played a factor and I thought Arsenal would win but it is the manner we lost which hurts me the most. No urgency and three seasons in a row, Arsenal have now beaten us at the Bridge.

I'm only learning more of the match now.

What a ridiculous decision to not start with Kovacic when you're struggling with defensive cover.

What does RLC offer that Kovacic can't.

He has to stop this Ranieri like tinkering and play a strong 11 that can be more settled.

Rotation is fine for dealing with insane fixture congestion, but what's the point of resting key players in key fixtures.

He'll probably start rotating half the 11 for the City game again., although to be fair he shouldn't start anyone of note in that game.

This team can't handle a cup completion and a fight for top 4 simultaneously.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

this is a very valid point

plus we need to stop being cursed with massive injuries 

The injuries don't help, but they've mainly been in defence. If anything that's probably been our most settled area because he hasn't had the opportunity to rotate much.

Take Kante out who he hasn't had the chance to use anyway, and perhaps Kovacic needing to be managed through fixtures but the rest of the midfield and attack has been mostly fit throughout. By the break he will have had time to work with everyone and should really be spending the break on deciding what is the best fit amongst the players he has at his disposal and focus on a more settled side. 

With 5 subs now, the opportunity is there to keep things fresh and keep players invested with minutes from the bench. The constant rotation I don't think helps at this point.

46 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the only WC (or well on the way) MFers (non AMFs) who we have a remote shot at atm are

I keep changing my opinion on Rice and I think a lot of that is to do with the price point West Ham will likely demand. However, I do think someone like him anchoring our midfield significantly improves the base and spine of that side.