Chelsea 1 - 1 RB Salzburg

ZAPHOD2319

27 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Yes the previous regime has a lot to answer for. Still can't get over how we let both Rudiger's and Christensens contract run down like that.

And I really hope a new DOF and a couple of transfer windows can fix the mess we are in currently, but I fear we'll be in an even bigger mess if we fail to finish top 4 this season. If this window has been any indication, we will find it even harder to attract talent.

If we fail to win the next league game and the next CL game, I'll be almost ready to write this season off. At that point its going to be a massive ask of Potter to steady the ship.

I still hope his nerves settle and he can regain his reputation as a commanding CB., but for now the signs don't look. And agree about your assessment about Fofana.

Physically Chalobah is better than both, but he still has mistakes in him.

1. We didn't let Rudiger & Christensen's contracts run down, Rudiger wasn't offered what he wanted and decided to go to market to get a nice pay day after some very strong form.  Christensen on the other hand, rejected a 5 year deal from the club due to length, then the club offered a 4 year deal to satisfy his agent and they still rejected it.   You can't force players to stay. 

2. It's going to be a bumpy road in the short term as the players have to adapt to Potter's tactics.

3. I have no idea why the club kept Azpi, he's literally showing the same signs as Ivanovic (when he had that sudden decline and kept on getting cooked at RB).  Fofana will come good but obviously needs some time to settle in and build some chemistry with Silva, James and co. 

4.  Top 4 looks out of reach considering we don't have a single attacker who can consistently bail us out of trouble and score crucial goals (like Hazard or Lamps or Drogba in past years).   City have an alien in Haaland, Liverpool have Salah & Diaz, Spurs have Kane, United have a motivated Rashford this season. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Just watched back highlights of Havertz in this game. 

Fuck me... it's pretty obvious now that we were indeed taken to the cleaners with this guy.

Bang average.

People forget we paid 70 odd Million for the bloke- If Potter has anything about him he susses the bloke out very quickly and puts him on the bench.

The team is already stale with lack of fighters in it, this guy is right in that bracket.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

We fucked up MASSIVELY under Roman and Marina (and our pisswig scouting department) by not buying Tchou plus either Vlahovic or Osimhen in summer 2021 and instead buying that piece of shite Lukaku)

and not fucking renewing Rudiger and just giving him his £10m signing bonus or whatever

and that is just the tip of the iceberg

Boehly has not been across the board stellar, but he was tossed into a nightmare situ

we also will start to stabilise when we get a proper DoF and also finish binning the trash on the team

above all else, we are in the mud because MANY of our key and/or biggest players have went to utter shit or are injured or always were shit:

Havertz

Mount

Kante (injured)

Mendy

Jorginho

Azpi (he is well fucking spent, I am enraged he is still here and being relied upon, ZERO reason we did not buy Joakim Mæhle, FFS)

no Rudiger and KK looks a semi bust SO FAR (dog knows he needs to come good)

Ziyech

Pulisic

Gallagher

that is a HUGE amount to all be playing like shit at once

the new wild cards who can help sort this IF they integrate in and start to play well are

Wesley Fofana (I am really worried that he is still not at all 100% recovered, and it may take until next season for hm to start to resume his ascent)
Kalidou Koulibaly (so needs to step up, thsi has potential to be the worst Boehly buy so far, unless Fofana utterly shits out long term)
Denis Zakaria (thank fuck he is only on a loan with an option, but also I so hope he turns out to be the monster he used to be, pre injury ... wtf is up with us buying players coming off insane injuries???!!????)
Carney Chukwuemeka (I really want to see what this lad can do, he COULD be a revelation and the (or at least one of) shot we need) 
Armando Broja  (really pissed he missed that sitter tonight, GRRRRRR)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Potter needs to focus on him like a laser and get him up to speed and over his butthirt about Tuchel, plus he needs time to heal physically and mentally, he just was beaten badly and nearly murdered ffs, along with his family)

Gabriel Slonina (in January, but not sure at all if he is ready, it is a HUGE ask for an 18yo GK, who was just 17yo still 4 months and one day ago)

Still can’t believe Azpi is still a Chelsea player is another point to add in my opinion with a contract extension ffs!

8 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Despite the current state of the team, I agree. If we win at least one of the legs against Milan, and at least draw the other one, I would fancy our chances to finish second.

Mourned by the cod fish of New Rosieclaire (old Greek expression).

Cucurella  is overly and unnecessarily aggressive in most situations in an attempt to prove himself.

I prefer Chilwell at LB/LWB.

Sterling and Silva was  MOTM  as in most games since the start of the season.

The road ahead of Potter will be long,  I hope he has the strength to do it .

All this from the haters, whingers, moaners, about Potter is beyond me.

He's not even got his feet under the managers desk yet, and ppl are on his back already.

Even to the point their are references to him getting the sack, what it will take etc.

Fucking hell let the bloke get in the door, and give him a chance to succeed, or fail if it comes to it.

Trying being a bit more supportive, whoever you are you are a fucking disgrace.

1 hour ago, milka said:

Cucurella  is overly and unnecessarily aggressive in most situations in an attempt to prove himself.

I prefer Chilwell at LB/LWB.

Sterling and Silva was  MOTM  as in most games since the start of the season.

The road ahead of Potter will be long,  I hope he has the strength to do it .

I like Cucurella but he does n't have the goal in him, like Chil and Alonso.
Chil would have scored yesterday. Why was he not in the squad ?

54 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

He's not even got his feet under the managers desk yet, and ppl are on his back already.

Even to the point their are references to him getting the sack, what it will take etc.

Fucking hell let the bloke get in the door, and give him a chance to succeed, or fail if it comes to it.

Ain't his fault but not Tuchel's either.
Something is awfully amiss in this team right now.
Just watch the other c.l. teams to see the difference.

Two, one-two-three-four!
Ev'rybody's talking 'bout
Cucurellaism, Brojaism, Koulibalyism, Fofanaism, Sterlingism, Zakariaism
This-ism, that-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m
All we are saying is give Potter a chance
All we are saying is give Potter a chance

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

I like Cucurella but he does n't have the goal in him, like Chil and Alonso.
Chil would have scored yesterday. Why was he not in the squad ?

Cucurella essentially had two roles last night. He had to play LCB along with LWB given he had to cover a lot of ground Sterling gave up. 

Not Chilwell's strength. 

4 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I have zero problems with Potter, I am glad we have him

I know that is not a popular opinion

what I hate is crazy expensive dregs (almost £100m for the pair) like Ziyech and Pulisic half assing it

both are pouters and massive underachievers

and they are far from the only ones playing like shit

I really am starting to think Kai is fucked from long Covid

and no clue what is going on with Mount

insane fall off

Saul (at AM, before he came here and got even worse) level fall off

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have zero problems with Potter, I am glad we have him

I know that is not a popular opinion

what I hate is crazy expensive dregs (almost £100m for the pair) like Ziyech and Pulisic half assing it

both are pouters and massive underachievers

and they are far from the only ones playing like shit

I really am starting to think Kai is fucked from long Covid

and no clue what is going on with Mount

insane fall off

Saul (at AM, before he came here and got even worse) level fall off

At this point I just don't know what these players want? What's it going to take for them to just look like they're not being dragged out on match day and made to put a kit and boots on? To grab a game and go for it. I despair of a lot of the mindset and mentality of a lot of these players right now.

Our defence has been caught off guard many times plus Mendy's gifts.
For example Southampton, Dynamo.
But it's the front line that stinks. 
Aubemeyang does n't look to me as if he is up to it (Iguain no 2 ?), Werner was better than Havertz.
Mount-Jorginho remind us of a Mazzola or a Francescoli only at night when we see dreams.

Edited by cosmicway