3. Marc Cucurella

manpe

I want to state on here that I have ZERO ill will or personal dislike for CuCu

he just was a shit buy and, exactly like his manager Potter, is in over his head at a club that is too big for him

I have no ill will or personal dislike for Potter either

unlike CuCu I actually was happy when we signed Potter, as I thought he could adapt the same way he had always adapted as he moved up the food chain in HUGE fashion, from lower tier Swedish football all the way up to the EPL with Brighton

but, like I was long ago about Bakayoko

I was wrong

☹️

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

62 million quid, counting the add-ons!

and that doesn't include his £175K PW salary on a 6 year long contract

that takes it up to £116.6m!!!!

insanity

those 5 summer buys were some of the worst in decades

counting wages, we could well have shit away half a billion pounds or so just from that one summer window

and dog knows the secondary knock-on effects, like if we lose Maatsen on a free cuz CuCu shit may well block him

4ee8f8fd77063af3c3b00c6d169000f3.png

3 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

If FFP permits we should sell him in summer, probably can still get £20m for him, although wages may be tricky. Honestly would rather still have Emerson, who at least was a hard worker and willing runner.

Yeah no chance we will ever be able to move him on these wages. We are stuck with him like with so many other dregs.

That was one of the bigges gripes I had with the former regime and it seems like it carried over. Offering no-name players from samll clubs such a huge salary increase. usually they would be happy to make the move regardless, even for half that money. Same thing we did with kepa. For established stars,ok I get it, if we really want them that is what you have to pay but it seems we do not really even engage in wage negotiations.

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

If FFP permits we should sell him in summer, probably can still get £20m for him, although wages may be tricky. Honestly would rather still have Emerson, who at least was a hard worker and willing runner.

we are fucked

the 6 year (6 year contract at a crazy wage, £175K PW!) amortization still will have 5 years to go

so it will be a huge carried forward loss in terms of FFP

what club is going to commit to paying CuCu over £45m JUST IN SALARY (£9.1m per year, for 5 years)

it was a disasterclass buy

as were the other 4 summer deals (unless somehow Sterling turns it around, which can happen, and then the less likely, but still possible redemption of the damaged goods that is known as Wesley Fofana)

atm all 5 summer buys look diabolical AF

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we are fucked

the 6 year (6 year contract at a crazy wage, £175K PW!) amortization still will have 5 years to go

so it will be a huge carried forward loss in terms of FFP

what club is going to commit to paying CuCu over £45m JUST IN SALARY (£9.1m per year, for 5 years)

it was a disasterclass buy

as were the other 4 summer deals (unless somehow Sterling turns it around, which can happen, and then the less likely, but still possible redemption of the damaged goods that is known as Wesley Fofana)

atm all 5 summer buys look diabolical AF

Yeah Cucurella albeit still young and could potentially still improve seems to be way out of his depth atm. We can just hope with Chilwell back he can teach him a thing or two... As soon as Chilly is back to full match fitness there should be no argument who is no.1 left back. Not sure what went wrong for Cucurella after his first 2 great performances.... probably what we saw back then was just a purple patch and his form since then is his regular level.

Fofana is probably perma-wrecked but even if his pace is gone, he has always had decent defensive insticts so might still become a half-decent squad player. He too is apparently on absured 200k wages which is just mind boggling cos he as well could have been gotten on half that probably. you just don't arrive at wages with this even numbers on a negotiation basis. We just offered him 200kpw straight away and his agent snapped our hand off and ran. Absolute noob level negotation tactics. Anyway, he is unmovable as well now so our only hope is that he becomes a reasonably useful back up at some point.

Sterling might still become good, he looks like having a positive impact on the team and is a reliable poster boy for the club at least off the pitch. Can't really argue with the reasoning behind buying him tbh. Was usually impressed with his early years at City and did not notice him having regressed that much last season. Beforehand, I always perceived him as a menace when we played against him. Still jsut about young enough to bounce back and with Pep's rotation he has not that much mileage in his legs that you would think he is dusted already.

K2 and Auba, well the less said about those two useless donkeys the better.

Edited by Magic Lamps

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Fofana is probably perma-wrecked but even if his pace is gone, he has always had decent defensive insticts so might still become a half-decent squad player. He too is apparently on absured 200k wages which is just mind boggling

Wesley Fofana Salary Profile

Wesley Fofana (Centre-Back) has 7 years and £72,800,000 gross remaining on his contract with Chelsea (Premier League), expiring on Jun 30, 2029. Wesley Fofana, who is 22 years old, will earn a Gross Salary of £10,400,000 for the 2022-2023 Season, or £200,000 per week.

Raheem Sterling Salary Profile

Raheem Sterling (Left Wing) has 5 years and £84,500,000 gross remaining on his contract with Chelsea (Premier League), expiring on Jun 30, 2027. Raheem Sterling, who is 28 years old, will earn a Gross Salary of £16,900,000 for the 2022-2023 Season, or £325,000 per week.

09feb79d9bf3ac8b9f26a53d77e64a80.png

35c24cb1c98157b0cab13c7cefd4698c.png

3 hours ago, Vytis33 said:

Wasn’t he footballer of the year at Brighton?  You’d think Potter could at least get a tune out of his former player 

Footballer of the year doesn't really mean all that much...Cucurella was always going to be a 6 out of 10 player at best, on some days, he can put in a 7 out of 10 performance.    That's the reason why City wanted him as a squad player...and for some reason we got desperate and ended up paying Brighton an extra 20-25 million for him.   Brighton were laughing all the way to the bank. 

26 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

marcos alonso was way better than cucurella.

and cut your hair, let the air reach your brain

Depressingly this is true, the reason Alonso was here for so long was that he did actually have some really strong characteristics to make up for his 6/10 attributes, Cucu is <= 6/10 at everything. I do wonder who asked for this guy and why we paid so much. Did Tuchel want him / rate him and not like Chilly?

25 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Depressingly this is true, the reason Alonso was here for so long was that he did actually have some really strong characteristics to make up for his 6/10 attributes, Cucu is <= 6/10 at everything. I do wonder who asked for this guy and why we paid so much. Did Tuchel want him / rate him and not like Chilly?

i've heard it suggested that Boehly wanted to gazump man city just like he did with arsenal and mudryk

3 hours ago, lucio said:

i've heard it suggested that Boehly wanted to gazump man city just like he did with arsenal and mudryk

I am not sure if I put much stock into that

we were scouting CuCu way before Boehly

what do believe is that Boehly did contact clubs about the following (the clearly top LBs or potential LBs on the planet, other than a HEALTHY Chilwell, who if you remove the no longer ever going to plat LB Saka, I would rate at number 4 or 5) and was told to piss off (or if he wanted Gayà, then he must pay his 100m euro release clause)

Bukayo Saka  (I can never see him playing LB again)  
Alphonso Davies (we actually MIGHT have a shot at him, as he is not happy at Bayern atm, potential wise the highest on the list as a LB, Saka is not as good defensively, but Saka is vastly better offensively as just a player, especially a winger)
Nuno Mendes (we screwed the pooch with PSG over the Ziyech cock-up, so good luck, which enrages me, as he and Davies are the only too, if you remove Saka, that I truly want, along with Gaya a slot below)
Andrew Robertson (he turns 30yo next winter, so even if Pool sold him in 2024 or beyond, pass, but, all that said, what a player he ended up being, full respect)
Theo Hernández (his defence depresses me to watch, but he is a massive offensive threat, he is the TAA of left backs, I would not freak out at all if we bought him, but I would not be as joyful as I would have been 2 years ago or so)
José Gayà  (€100m release clause) great player who likely will never leave Valencia, I would LOVE to have him

Edited by Vesper

6 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

What the fuck is going on? Dressing room problems? Because this is pure shittery from Cucu. 

Mudryk liked an instagram meme of Cucu refusing to pass to him, I posted it on the other page.

This says a lot more how shit Potter is, instead of yelling at Cucurella watched like a clown and after subbed both off.