3. Marc Cucurella

manpe

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

It’s maybe the one thing that drives me mad the most. For top quality players in high demand you gotta overpay on wages to get them to join esp when they are already high earners at a big club. Granted. But like with Kepa we were literally the only suitors willing to pay the transfer fee for Cucu and you can not tell me he would have rejected 100k pw. In fact he would have bitten our hand off. The incompetence of our new owners is just out of this world 

KK & CuCu & Sterling's combined total costs counting

trans fees, add-ons, and salary

£357m

😞

On the planet there are only 22 entire CLUBS worth that much in player valuation (counting us).

Edited by Vesper

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Funny how he is out for weeks and nobody gives a shit 😂

I didn’t not even notice but him being out is a good thing. I would expect we have him ensured vs injury and very week he missed through injury we will get some part of his wages back. So the longer he is out the better for us on and off the pitch. 

On 12/05/2023 at 20:25, Magic Lamps said:

I didn’t not even notice but him being out is a good thing. I would expect we have him ensured vs injury and very week he missed through injury we will get some part of his wages back. So the longer he is out the better for us on and off the pitch. 

clown car £118m buy (wages, addons, trans fee)

horrorshow Boehly move

• 2 months later...

His versatility might play in his favour at keeping him here, plus Chilwell's abysmal injury record, plus his huge fee with very little sell on value cripples us from FFP perspective. But, based on his performances, lack of redeeming qualities (if we're going to sign a not very technical guy with no brain in the future can we at least make them tall, fast and athletic as fuck please) he should definitely be out. His PEAK is a 7/10, when everything clicks perfectly for him. Also, man looks like sideshow bob and it gets on my nerves looking at him in a Chelsea shirt.

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

His versatility might play in his favour at keeping him here, plus Chilwell's abysmal injury record, plus his huge fee with very little sell on value cripples us from FFP perspective. But, based on his performances, lack of redeeming qualities (if we're going to sign a not very technical guy with no brain in the future can we at least make them tall, fast and athletic as fuck please) he should definitely be out. His PEAK is a 7/10, when everything clicks perfectly for him. Also, man looks like sideshow bob and it gets on my nerves looking at him in a Chelsea shirt.

The only reason he is still here is because no other club out there is stupid enough to pay a reasonable transfer fee for him....same reason why Lakaka hasn't been sold yet either. 

He should have ended our ownership's love affair with everything Brighton if they would only be able to learn a lesson fast.

People were trashing Alonso, but he is a super expensive, sub-par replacement. I see some comments about him being great in pre-season games threads, but it only lasts for like 10 mins and then boom. Another example that what works in mid-table doesn't really do at Chelsea level (but both our owners and fans like to be reluctant to take a note of this) and his ridiculous pricetag makes this guy practically unmovable. 

Edited by Vegetable

• 2 months later...