Raheem Sterling

2 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Jesus Christ what happened to him? Was genuinely excited about this move, but hes awful.

He's always been this sort of player. Pep's team helped mask his flaws, which many seemed to be oblivious to.

As stated multiple times, he's the definition of a system player.

Edited by LAM09

On 10/07/2022 at 17:39, NikkiCFC said:

Diver, never rated him. His goals in City are just tap ins so his numbers don't show anything. What is he good at exactly? Put him in Palace, would not score 5 goals in a season. Zaha is for example way superior player. Would say I even prefer Pulisic and Ziyech over him. Not to mention his antics. 

I can already see what kind of comments are we going to see because Sterling is not creative player and cannot create for himself either. 

On 10/07/2022 at 20:37, Jype said:

Watched the full video linked by @Vesper. Of the 100 goals shown on the video I'd classify 35-40 as tap-ins, almost all of the others were actually quite well taken goals.

And the thing with tap-ins is that more often than not the goal is just as much a result of an intelligent and well-timed run being made by the forward as it is about the quality of the final pass. Can't even begin to count the number of times I've been frustrated over the last few seasons when for example James has played a really high quality horizontal pass to the five yard line but there's not a blue shirted player in sight who could put it in because the likes of Pulisic, Werner, Mount etc. are still just making their way inside the box.

While our chance creation may not be as high as City's it's by no means bad. Sterling should get plenty of chances and he will score plenty more than the likes of Pulisic and Ziyech at the very fucking least.

How that ended?

Reading first page of this thread unfortunately I was only one right. 

13 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

How that ended?

Reading first page of this thread unfortunately I was only one right. 

How often has Sterling received a horizontal pass inside the box? Like I said in the post you quoted his off the ball movement has always been his best asset and if there's even the slightest amount of creativity in the team he'll score goals but right now he's being asked to do something he's never been good at which is making things happen all by himself so no wonder he's shit.

The team's been a mess all season and it looks like a collective of players who've never played a game of football together in their lives. Nobody seems to know where they should play the ball and nobody knows where they should make runs to receive the ball. The attacks stop 30 meters away from the goal and the ball just gets shuffled between players until they lose it over and over again. Whenever the ball gets played out wide the full-backs or wingers just spam hopeless crosses high into the box despite there being nobody there who can even head the ball.

Sterling's not been doing anything to raise his stock but the rest of the team aren't doing anything to help him either. I still think in a functioning team he could be a useful asset to have but being utilized in the way he has this season he's a pointless player. 

On 21/08/2022 at 10:48, Fernando said:

Sterling not going to have the impact many thought. 

He is good but not world class to take us to the next level. 

Yes was right. 

So not surprise really, was expected of me. 

Sterling doesnt have passion anymore same as Abumeyang I would sell them we have young Mudrik and Chukwu Datro and Madueke hungry for win and fights, I would also sell Pulisic and Azpi

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2023 at 16:24, Rick94 said:

Sterling doesnt have passion anymore same as Abumeyang I would sell them we have young Mudrik and Chukwu Datro and Madueke hungry for win and fights, I would also sell Pulisic and Azpi

no one is going to pay Sterling's insane wages

a6448581d5de6b4e8b40f6b58a0db2ab.png

• 1 month later...

While others are posting pics from beaches he is already in heavy training according to his social media. Nice thing to see. Disappointing last season but looks like he is motivated to turn things around. As a highest earner next season and among more experienced players we really need him. 

On 03/05/2023 at 14:13, Fernando said:

Yes was right. 

So not surprise really, was expected of me. 

Yup there's a reason Citeh and liverpool ditched him -on his day, outstanding, but regular headless chicken brain fart moments - giving the ball away, and fucking up when its easier to score

Poch will get him firing, I have no doubts about it.

He cut a frustrating figure at times last season but I don’t think anybody can say that he was the only one. He did more than some players did regardless - managed 9 goals in all comps last season which, even then is a pretty poor season for him by all accounts based on his previous years. Think he got double figure goals in all comps for 9 seasons in a row barring last. And had 5 PL seasons with double figure goals. So there is much much more to come.

The fact he already is back in the gym and putting the hard work in as well shows he is fully committed to putting things right this season. 

On 29/06/2023 at 18:01, OneMoSalah said:

Poch will get him firing, I have no doubts about it.

He cut a frustrating figure at times last season but I don’t think anybody can say that he was the only one. He did more than some players did regardless - managed 9 goals in all comps last season which, even then is a pretty poor season for him by all accounts based on his previous years. Think he got double figure goals in all comps for 9 seasons in a row barring last. And had 5 PL seasons with double figure goals. So there is much much more to come.

The fact he already is back in the gym and putting the hard work in as well shows he is fully committed to putting things right this season. 

I hope you are right

he is not one I said has to go

Didn't expect much from him when we were linked with him, (all those comparisons people made with him being the one to fill Hazards boots were annoying to see) , and in the end am not surprised he had a mediocre season 

Frankly would have dumped him and Gallagher before selling any of our other attacking players.

Putting him on high wages was nearly as bad as what we paid Lukaku, and probably contributed to more squad discontent.

Anyway we're forced to keep him because there's not many left with experience in the attacking lineup.

On 29/06/2023 at 11:27, Fulham Broadway said:

Yup there's a reason Citeh and liverpool ditched him -on his day, outstanding, but regular headless chicken brain fart moments - giving the ball away, and fucking up when its easier to score

Liverpool did not ditch him tho, he basically had to force his way out there. They were absolutely pissed he wanted out.
Admittedly his career trailed off a bit in his later city years but even in that last below par season of his he showed he has some qualities no one else in the squad has. His signature move cutting inside from the left and aiming for the far corner has been quite effective even with little opportunity. He is not afraid to pull the trigger early and can handle tap ins and 1 on 1s. 9 goals on around 2500 mins for us last lesson is a decent return. Plus he had to cater the the ever wasteful Kai. With him or Mudryk from the left, Nkunku coming through the middle, maybe Jackson up top and Noni from the right we will have one of the fastest attacks in Europe. Poch worked wonders with averagely talented pace merchants like Moura. Surely he should be able to make something happen with our contingent