Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

We certainly don’t need a CB now, that’s true. But we keep hearing about Zouma going and both Silva and Azpi are old. We’ll probably need to replace both next summer anyways and we’ll be fully past COVID and clubs’ finances being in the gutter then.

May as well get a young, long term CB this summer if an opportunity presents itself and prices are still relatively reasonable. Someone like Varane for the rumored 45-50m is a great deal. He’d cost nearly twice that in a normal summer and if he had a couple more years on his contract.

I really rate Süle as well.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We certainly don’t need a CB now, that’s true. But we keep hearing about Zouma going and both Silva and Azpi are old. We’ll probably need to replace both next summer anyways and we’ll be fully past COVID and clubs’ finances being in the gutter then.

May as well get a young, long term CB this summer if an opportunity presents itself and prices are still relatively reasonable. Someone like Varane for the rumored 45-50m is a great deal. He’d cost nearly twice that in a normal summer and if he had a couple more years on his contract.

I really rate Süle as well.

Silva’s game time also probably needs to be managed given his age, Silva and Christensen also had some injuries last season and let’s not forget that Christensen’s and Rudiger’s contracts are yet to be sorted out. 

10 minutes ago, Jas said:

Silva’s game time also probably needs to be managed given his age, Silva and Christensen also had some injuries last season and let’s not forget that Christensen’s and Rudiger’s contracts are yet to be sorted out. 

Yep. Weird how the AC and Rüdi situations aren’t officially sorted yet. I’m sure both will get done (and could very well be already) but it’s strange how we let their contracts run down when we’re usually good at avoiding these situations.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yep. Weird how the AC and Rüdi situations aren’t officially sorted yet. I’m sure both will get done (and could very well be already) but it’s strange how we let their contracts run down when we’re usually good at avoiding these situations.

It hasn't helped that neither has been first choice under Lampard. Rudiger nearly moved on last summer and was linked again moving in January and Christensen had a couple of runs but ultimately wasn't first choice under Lampard, so I could see the reasons why this time last year both may not have been prepared to commit, and similarly the club may have been anticipating to move them on ourselves.

I'm pretty sure both will end up signing new contracts shortly, along with Azpi.

2 hours ago, milka said:

E6HPQ0OX0AAYLMo?format=jpg&name=large

I’m aware that 
@JanAageFjortoft
 broke the news about Chelsea preparing a big bid for Haaland, tomorrow on my live stream I will have him as a guest for a Erling Haaland special for Chelsea fans.’

[
@FabrizioRomano

Romano is tickling our balls. Fjortoft is grade C at best. 

11 hours ago, King Kante said:

Know him as a player, but is Berger Romano level or below that? 

Anyway, if true. I could see us maybe doing that (isn't it £150m?) As I think we may go for just Håland then fill the gaps with loan/youth players. Additionally, if there are some players Dortmund are interested of ours we could maybe get some sort of swap in. 

Anyway, with just Håland we could do: 

RWB: Liva/Zappa

CM: Baka/Gallagher

CB: Sarr/Ampadu/Guehi

Only issue after that is GK2 but there is typically someone knocking about who you can get for cheap/on a free for a year or two.

Berger is decent source although not the most reliable for Dortmund like Funke Sport, Kicker, or Ruhr Nachrichten.

Edited by Blues Forever

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

AC and Ruid are propably on holidays right now, wouldn't expect any announcment this week about them

23 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Falk confirming we have offered 100ME for Chiesa, Juventus declined.

Falk is just taking the piss at this point. Now that the Euros is over, these journalists, the media are using us to get clicks and views by recycling the same old BS every day.

Quite mad how youngsters are now looking to leave considering we have more academy players in the team/squad now than ever before. Seems pay related from the outside going by that logic, but who knows.