Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

41 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Yes we do. But this club is not an endless money pit, the signings we have made and the signings we are apparently making show me, 2 things. 1. The top dogs at this club support Frank 100% and are well prepared to back him. 

2. This club is finally willing to spend on quality again rather than quantity.

Silva on a free is an outstanding signing imo, Lampard was excellent at going forward and you see that reflect in the team, but he's no defensive  God, silva can show the young ones how's it done, way better than any defensive coach 

Regarding point two, this comes down to Lampard being prepared to utilise academy players. What was a thin looking squad has been strengthened through the season by the development of 4 or 5 players who weren't on the radar 12-18 months ago.

Other managers in the past who haven't been prepared to do such have had to also push for squad players alongside first team players. In recent years it has affected the quality of the players being brought in but hopefully now as you mentioned it allows us to focus on quality over quantity.

On 8/20/2020 at 6:29 AM, whats happening said:

so chillwell plays on the left and then who will play on the right? im really curios what will lampard do.

hopefully reece james and not azpi (no offense to azpi who's been good towards the end of the season but still think james needs to take over that position)

1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

Yes we do. But this club is not an endless money pit, the signings we have made and the signings we are apparently making show me, 2 things. 1. The top dogs at this club support Frank 100% and are well prepared to back him. 

2. This club is finally willing to spend on quality again rather than quantity.

Silva on a free is an outstanding signing imo, Lampard was excellent at going forward and you see that reflect in the team, but he's no defensive  God, silva can show the young ones how's it done, way better than any defensive coach 

Maybe...

But we will have a problem in defense if we will start next season with:

KEPA

AZPI - RUDIGER/ZOUMA/CHRIS - SILVA - CHILWELL

I am not really worried about Silva for a year and think he makes a lot of sense. I say this because as a CB pace isn't actually all that important if you're positional play and reading of the game is good (this is also partly the reason I give AC some leeway compared to Rudi and Zouma who are poor at this but have pace.) The only time it causes real issues is when 1) You play a high line (this could happen next year) 2 ) Your pace completely drops off, this happened to JT at the start of the title winning season but I think he was 36/37 (however as Silva was a quicker player this shouldn't be as drastic.) 3) You get caught in 2 on 1 situations, however these normally lead to shots on goal anyway. Obviously this isn't a medium or long term solution but with the issues we have it isn't a bad band aid. 

As for the other signings,  Chilwell looks like he is coming. I know his reported fee is lower (£50m) than it looked at one point but, boy, I just do not rate the kid. Sure, he is usable but there isn't anything about him that makes me think 'wow' so at the reported prices of others I would've just gone for one of the other LB's on the market. That said, I will shut up about him now until October and hope he proves me wrong in that he is a slightly above average PL LB. 

Hopefully Havertz will get over the line as that signing will be the most exciting since Hazard. 

After that it will need to be GK without any question. Here I am also happy to roll with someone like Foster if it means we can get someone better down the line. That said, if Martinez's situation at Le Arse goes south, I think we should make a serious play for him as he wouldn't break the bank and was seriously impressive once he came in for Leno. 

After that the concern will be the dregs, there are now so many. Hopefully we will get some takers as I would put it at about 11 players that need to go: 

Kepa, Emerson, Baba, Zappa, Moses, 1 x Rudi/Zouma/AC (pick your poison), Barkley, Baka, Drinky, Kenedy, Batsh*t

That is also before you get to players like Kante and Jorgi who are good but have questions over their positions. 

14 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Maybe...

But we will have a problem in defense if we will start next season with:

KEPA

AZPI - RUDIGER/ZOUMA/CHRIS - SILVA - CHILWELL

James zouma silva chillwell 

Looks alot better than

James zouma rudigur alonso

5 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

James zouma silva chillwell 

Looks alot better than

James zouma rudigur alonso

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

With Kepa behind them... not convincing enough. 

I Can't trust their defensive abilities...

We all know Zouma... from hero to zero.

Chilwell is not known because if his defensive skills...

7 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

James - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

With Kepa behind them... not convincing enough. 

I Can't trust their defensive abilities...

We all know Zouma... from hero to zero.

Chilwell is not known because if his defensive skills...

Kepa is not easy to fix, the price we paid for him etc u can't just get rid and buy new one, this is a bisnuness first n foremost, u can't just take huge losses like that and expect no bad to come of it 

Yeah, the battle for those central midfield spots is going to be very interesting. Since it look so like Jorginho is staying we have he, Kante, Kova, Billy, Mason, Barkley, and RLC all vying for those two spots next to/behind Havertz (fingers crossed).

I mean, surely we have to be looking for buyers for one or two of those? 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, the battle for those central midfield spots is going to be very interesting. Since it look so like Jorginho is staying we have he, Kante, Kova, Billy, Mason, Barkley, and RLC all vying for those two spots next to/behind Havertz (fingers crossed).

Roma were in talks for jorginho and I am 100% sure Barkley will be sold.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

mason's versatility can be back up for Puli and havertz. and surely barkley need to go everywhere,,the last question is was jorgi really stay with us next season?