Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 hours ago, Strike said:

Smith Rowe had 2 years left on his deal. Gallagher has 1.

I can see Villa or Spurs matching Atletico's offer this week though. 35m pounds 

EMR played 13 league games last season and did not score a goal. Gallagher, on the other hand, played 37 league games, scored five goals, and is an English INT player.

Are you telling me that one year puts them on par in terms of value?

Also, our asking price is €35m~. Crazy!

Edited by LAM09

8 hours ago, Strike said:

Smith Rowe had 2 years left on his deal. Gallagher has 1.

I can see Villa or Spurs matching Atletico's offer this week though. 35m pounds 

35m likely exclusive only to clubs outside the Premier League. 

58 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The massive overrating of Gallagher and complete dismissal of KDH before he’s even kicked a ball for us in the PL is crazy.

It's the kids kicking off for not getting the fancy new toys they want mentality.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

If we were still playing Pochball with no discernible playing style but instead just ran around like headless chickens then I could understand really wanting Gallagher to stay because he thrived in that system. But if we want to eventually get to a place where we play the sort of football like City & Arse do (which obviously we do because we now have a coach from the same family tree) then he is unsuited to that style.

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we were still playing Pochball with no discernible playing style but instead just ran around like headless chickens then I could understand really wanting Gallagher to stay because he thrived in that system. But if we want to eventually get to a place where we play the sort of football like City & Arse do (which obviously we do because we now have a coach from the same family tree) then he is unsuited to that style.

It amazes me the amount of times last season we heard, "he's not technical enough, all he does is run" now we are playing a system that requires technical skill, people want him to stay! This is why I'm convinced some on here either just moan for the sake of it, are just miserable irl or trolling, because you cant moan he's not technical enough then want to keep him for a role that requires him to be technical 🤯

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

The massive overrating of Gallagher and complete dismissal of KDH before he’s even kicked a ball for us in the PL is crazy.

Agreed.
The caveat being that I fully expect KDH to needing some time to adapt given that he's now playing against better players, who would provide far less time on the ball than what he was enjoying before.

I keep hearing better/same when talking about KDH and Conor, but I think it's more about characteristics than anything else. Had we hired a different manager, with a different philosophy, and he might have asked for Conor to stay and become an important player for him (Poch?).

Maresca clearly needs a different type in midfielder, which is why KDH is here. 

Edited by robsblubot

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Agreed.
The caveat being that I fully expect KDH to needing some time to adapt given that he's now playing against better players, who would provide far less time on the ball than what he was enjoying before.

I keep hearing better/same when talking about KDH and Conor, but I think it's more about characteristics than anything else. Had we hired a different manager, with a different philosophy, and he might have asked for Conor to stay and become an important player for him (Poch?).

Yeah, one that can do all the things people on here moaned about Connor not been able to do last season 🤣

47 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Yeah, one that can do all the things people on here moaned about Connor not been able to do last season 🤣

hah true.

I think the most vocal about that was Lucio (I sense his wisdom nearby 😅), but I don't think many of us would consider Conor a super skillful player or a "passing machine."
I'm hopeful for KDH, with the caveat already stated (bit of patience).

Edited by robsblubot

51 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

hah true.

I think the most vocal about that was Lucio (I sense his wisdom nearby 😅), but I don't think many of us would consider Conor a super skillful player or a "passing machine."
I'm hopeful for KDH, with the caveat already stated (bit of patience).

I watched a highlights video on YouTube (not ideal) but his passing range and through balls were excellent, something Connor lacks in abundance 

59 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Agreed.

Of all the players we have or will bring in I’m most confident that KDH won’t need too long to settle in. True, he’s playing against much better players now than he was last season but he’ll also be playing with much better players which should hopefully let him show his levels sooner.

The thing from watching footage of KDH you can immediately see he’s vastly superior to Conor at is both receiving and carry the ball between the lines. He’s super tidy and technical. Whereas Conor isn’t a quick thinking player on the ball. He isn’t the sort of guy with that silky technical ability and needs a couple of seconds on the ball and some space to operate effectively. If you press him touch tight you can get him to turn the ball over.

If we still employed a Poch/Conte/Mourinho who prioritizes athleticism and work rate then Gallagher is your guy. There’s a reason why he is Simeone’s #1 priority target now. He’s tailor made for an aggressive, physical side. He is NOT suited to a team that wants to play Pep/Arteta football.

14 minutes ago, DDA said:

Thought we were going all in for Alvarez 👀

If we don't get him, he must NOT go to Arsenal. 😓

Hopefully Guardiola/City would think the same way.

Edited by robsblubot

5 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

How can GKs be an issue? Chelsea just bought two 20M+ GKs in the last 24 hours. Jörgensen & Penders

Because Sanchez, Petrovic, Jorgensen are beyond average and not elite level players. You need a top GK to be a top team. 

Don’t even know how good this Penders is or could he but add him next to Slonina in terms of young GK who may or may not be of use.

But yes 5 GKs signed under this ownership and not one is number material at present. 

39 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Because Sanchez, Petrovic, Jorgensen are beyond average and not elite level players. You need a top GK to be a top team. 

Don’t even know how good this Penders is or could he but add him next to Slonina in terms of young GK who may or may not be of use.

But yes 5 GKs signed under this ownership and not one is number material at present. 

How much of Jorgensen have you watched to form the opinion he isn't number 1 material?

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

How much of Jorgensen have you watched to form the opinion he isn't number 1 material?

Have seen various videos/clips from Villarreal games last season and don’t see anything there that makes me think he is going to be a huge upgrade on Sanchez or the long term number 1. He is maybe going to be our number 1 but I don’t get the feeling he’s solving the problem in the long term. Thats what scares me more. It seems to be chop and change as opposed to identifying the right GK from the get go. Theres no way Sanchez was that signing either last summer. Just panicking and buying players for the sake of it.

Like KDH for me, another player who doesn’t necessarily upgrade on what we have but likely will fit the managers philosophy more - distribution wise mainly for Jorgensen and maybe KDH profile for us is different to what we have but again I am 100% not buying one season in the championship as some sort of barometer that he will be a success here after doing nothing of note in 2 PL seasons. He will be a squad player at best. 

Quality wise, if Jorgensen isn’t going to be an improvement ovet Sanchez in terms of shot stopping - particularly playing behind this defence based on what we’ve seen so far - then that is another issue in its own right (as it was with Sanchez & Petrovic last season).

Like one of the big themes I noticed from a lot of the videos of Jorgensen is that he tends to push the ball out into dangerous areas when he makes saves at times. His distribution does look impressive which is mainly why he’s been brought in I feel. He is quick off his line also. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Feel like we have to wait at least a good 10 matches before we can say with any sort of certainty whether or not Jorgensen is good enough. I’m skeptical but won’t completely write him off yet.