Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Nah mate he’s destined to be a Flip Flop

You see Kepa was an obviously great name for a goalie, and it did fail miserably, so our savvy owners are trying the opposite approach with flip (flop). 🙂 It kinda makes sense in some bizarre world of baseball.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

wtf

this is freaking me out bad

this is major club plans potentially going up in smoke, if true

GTiKkJ9XgAAhnlH?format=jpg&name=large

Injuries happen all the time though, some of these players start so young in South America...

I wasn't a fan of signing players before they hit the age of 18 as you always run the risk of serious injuries before they are allowed to move to England. 

Ending up getting Osimhen after all this time would be pretty funny, ngl.

Especially after Fabrizio saying over and over again that we won’t go near his massive wage demands.

I would take Osimhen in a heartbeat. He would be the best striker at the club and actually strike fear into defences up and down the country. A legit World wide known name spearheading the attack.

Lets not kid ourselves here though, it isnt happening.

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

I would take Osimhen in a heartbeat. He would be the best striker at the club and actually strike fear into defences up and down the country. A legit World wide known name spearheading the attack.

I really, really wanted him a couple of years ago but I’m very conflicted as to whether he’s a good fit for us now. A classic, “big man” #9 in a team that’s likely to play really patient, slower football? Will he be starved of service for huge periods of time and therefor be ineffective?

I suppose the best outcome in that scenario is replicating what City have with Haaland where he can go entire halves without getting more than a few touches but is still super clinical and bags loads of goals.

If we’re now willing to splurge a huge fee on a striker I can’t help but feel Alvarez would be a better system fit.

54 minutes ago, DDA said:

The only stumbling block would be our board's rumoured reluctance to budge on the wage structure.

As I've said in the past, when the right player becomes available, you make an exception. I don't want to hear nonsense about offering him £250kpw+ would rock the boat; he is a CF we've been crying out for far too long.  

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Our next signing once they see this on Twitter.

Allowing a 16-year-old to take a FK at that stage of the game just goes to show how much confidence they have in him.

On another note, it feels so odd seeing all these former players taking up the hotseat (Demichelis is in the clip and has since been sacked, btw.).

Edited by LAM09

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I really, really wanted him a couple of years ago but I’m very conflicted as to whether he’s a good fit for us now. A classic, “big man” #9 in a team that’s likely to play really patient, slower football? Will he be starved of service for huge periods of time and therefor be ineffective?

I suppose the best outcome in that scenario is replicating what City have with Haaland where he can go entire halves without getting more than a few touches but is still super clinical and bags loads of goals.

If we’re now willing to splurge a huge fee on a striker I can’t help but feel Alvarez would be a better system fit.

Alverez would be a good fit but theres a slight doubt in my mind whether he has the presence to lead the attack for a supposedly top 4 club. A little like Jesus.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The only stumbling block would be our board's rumoured reluctance to budge on the wage structure.

As I've said in the past, when the right player becomes available, you make an exception. I don't want to hear nonsense about offering him £250kpw+ would rock the boat; he is a CF we've been crying out for far too long.

I get why the owners want to bring the wage bill down but ultimately, if you dont pay the wages, you wont get the best players. Its that simple.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

I get why the owners want to bring the wage bill down but ultimately, if you dont pay the wages, you wont get the best players. Its that simple.

Exactly. We'd be getting Lukaku off the wage bill for good in the process, so that should be taken into consideration as well. 

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just have a look at the offers we've made for Omorodion. Transfer fees clearly aren't that much of a concern.

If they’d accept something like £60m + Lukaku then of course you do it. I’m skeptical Osimhen is the guy for us but that’s a deal you do every day of the week. But if Napoli insist on something much more like £80m + Lukaku I don’t think the club goes that high and I’d say rightly so.

We’ve been burned by on so many striker signings that I’m incredibly weary every time now. Just can’t help but be pessimistic.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

If they’d accept something like £60m + Lukaku then of course you do it. I’m skeptical Osimhen is the guy for us but that’s a deal you do every day of the week. But if Napoli insist on something much more like £80m + Lukaku I don’t think the club goes that high and I’d say rightly so.

We’ve been burned by on so many striker signings that I’m incredibly weary every time now. Just can’t help but be pessimistic.

Napoli have supposedly lowered their asking price to around £85m~. Conte's love for Lukaku is for all to see, so this deal should have been done already.

It just makes too much sense for all parties concerned.

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Napoli have supposedly lowered their asking price to around £85m~. Conte's love for Lukaku is for all to see, so this deal should have been done already.

It just makes too much sense for all parties concerned.

If we break this new wage structure that we’ve just put in place for Osimhen it kinda opens the floodgates for any of our current players seeking new terms. If Palmer has another amazing season and then stays to the club “I want £200k per week or I’m going to agitate for a move,” will the club be prepared to break the wage structure again?