Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

18 minutes ago, DDA said:

I honestly think you’re trolling at this point. 

What is it exactly that you cant see that we all see from those highlights vs Madrid? 

Weak wrists

Conceding goals that should be bread and butter saves

and hurrendous long hoofing up the field passing

Im willing to be proved wrong but from what ive seen of him, looks bang average in al departments.

You can find such a game for even a good keeper. Not indicative of anything. 

16 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

Vicario was a relatively unknown keeper when Spurs signed him and he’s actually really good. 

This guy from Villarreal has just one top-flight season under him. 

Scouting GK's is different from other positions. Think there's a big gap in the system we have in place if the club has signed Sanchez (there were enough warnings since he had become Brighton's reserve keeper), Petrovic (statistically awful in many departments) and has been linked to the likes of Trafford, Lunin, and Hermansen. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

This guy from Villarreal has just one top-flight season under him. 

Scouting GK's is different from other positions. Think there's a big gap in the system we have in place if the club has signed Sanchez (there were enough warnings since he had become Brighton's reserve keeper), Petrovic (statistically awful in many departments) and has been linked to the likes of Trafford, Lunin, and Hermansen. 

The GK situation is tragic. I am not entirely sure what goes on in people's minds when they try to scout a GK. When Tibo left I was banging on about getting Alisson and if not him Martinez. If we had brought either of them then that would mean we would've been sorted for the past 6 years and ongoing. 

Instead, people/scouts got wrapped up in only wanting 'ball playing' GK's /stop gaps until their 'ball playing GK' came good (first Kepa, now Sanchez.)

Edited by King Kante

Making multiple £20-30m goalkeeper purchases instead of getting someone good for £50m. Clearlake are too incompetent to lead us to trophies , they will leave us with huge financial problems and an empty cabinet 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Spunked shit tons on Kepa, he's garbage, Petrovic is half decent but nowhere near the level needed and Sanchez is wank

Petrovic is terrible, had few good games at first, but then fell of the cliff, the amount of goals he let in but should have saved is terrible. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Need to start shipping some of these useless cunts out now, Broja, Sterling, Chilwell, Lukaku, to name a few

We have some serious shite stock piled

Broja should have been shipped off to whichever club wanted him.  At this point, he adds zero value to the squad, those injuries have really taken away his  development.  

Lukaku is just waiting around for Conte to agree a fee with us, Sterling knows he won't get anywhere near his current wages so why would he leave? 

30 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Petrovic is terrible, had few good games at first, but then fell of the cliff, the amount of goals he let in but should have saved is terrible. 

What did people expect from Petrovic?   He's an MLS goalkeeper, not some massive talent that was supposed to come in and be our #1 option.  😀😆

He was exposed because he ended up playing 25+ games, if he had played say 5 games and a few cup appearances (just like any other team's backup GK), he would have been fine. 

Just now, Reddish-Blue said:

What did people expect from Petrovic?   He's an MLS goalkeeper, not some massive talent that was supposed to come in and be our #1 option.  😀😆

He was exposed because he ended up playing 25+ games, if he had played say 5 games and a few cup appearances (just like any other team's backup GK), he would have been fine. 

i didn't expect from him anything, just saying that because he had few good games at the start doesn't mean he is any good

2 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He had quite a decent stretch when he was performing well in goal. He certainly had a better season than Sánchez 

I do wonder which player(s) we’re looking at for for the attack at this point. Williams and Doué were never going to happen. Summerville links completely died a while ago and he wasn’t the answer anyways. Struck out on Olise. 

Who else is realistic for us, I wonder?

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I do wonder which player(s) we’re looking at for for the attack at this point. Williams and Doué were never going to happen. Summerville links completely died a while ago and he wasn’t the answer anyways. Struck out on Olise. 

Who else is realistic for us, I wonder?

There's still Alvarez, but not sure the club has the money or appetite.

The club might just sit tight and let Maresca assess the squad in preseason for a while. Interesting opportunities always emerge in the market as times goes on, clubs make moves, managers decide certain players fit their system or not during preseason, etc. I am sure plenty of interesting opportunities will emerge as the window goes on. Plus, there are always potential swap deals when we are selling Gallagher, Chalobah etc.

Personally I have the feeling we'll go for a striker to compete with NJ who will not be amazing but look alright and have potential, aka the standard signing we go for these days. It will probably be someone we don't really want, like the guy at Atletico.