Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

36 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think our incoming business is done until we start moving a few players on. That would explain the total absence of credible links to anyone currently. 

I bet after this week’s 2 preseason matches we’ll start seeing some movement out and some links to incoming targets again. At least I hope so.

Easier said than done with moving the players. I don't see many people wanting to knock the door down to get the players we don't rate. 

13 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Easier said than done with moving the players. I don't see many people wanting to knock the door down to get the players we don't rate. 

Idk, there seems to be quite a bit of interest for several of them. The issue is that we’re asking for relatively sky high fees that the interested clubs are hesitant to pay.

So much for getting a few million in pure profit for Malang Sarr. The club just said fuck it and let him walk for free. Guess we didn’t want to risk Lens having a change of heart if we demanded a fee and then we’d be stuck with him for another year.

There is a possibility that Petrovic could leave this summer. The idea is that Chelsea want to bring a new goalkeeper, who is good at distribution to compete with Sanchez.

via@FabrizioRomano
😒🤢 Ben Roberts Out

Excl. - Samu #Omorodion is still #Chelsea’s main target as new striker. #CFC are ready to submit a new bid to #AtleticoMadrid to try to sign the young player (born in 2004). Ready a contract until 2031 for Omorodion, who has given his avaibility to join #Blues.

via@nicoschira

A few stats from last season for him:

- Most goals conceded

- Most saves made

- Conceded 6 pens & 1 FK

- Conceded most goals in league from corners

- Conceded -2.2 expected saves (not surprising considering he had most shots against him)

- 4th highest for passes attempted (700+ behind the highest Valles)

- 1.75 goals against per 90 minutes

Feels underwhelming based on the above, although clearly had a very poor defence in front of him

Valles is better in every department.

Chelsea want a resolution in the next few days on Jorgensen. Lunin agents have been contacted, but Hermansson and Jorgensen are ahead of him. (@JorgeCPicon @MatteMoretto)

I really do believe we can be a solid top 4 squad. There isn’t the hype and anticipation of all the new shiny players we bought before the start of the season, but we are yet to see players we bought in 22 and 23. I know it is a big IF, but Nkunku, Lavia, Fofana, Reece can give so much. We used to say we need a season or two for gelling. Now, a year later half of the squad are branded as finished. I really don’t like that in modern football. Give the lads the confidence they need and let them flourish into champions. Hope Maresca is capable of doing it and I certainly believe we have the players to win us the league.

6 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

I really do believe we can be a solid top 4 squad. There isn’t the hype and anticipation of all the new shiny players we bought before the start of the season, but we are yet to see players we bought in 22 and 23. I know it is a big IF, but Nkunku, Lavia, Fofana, Reece can give so much. We used to say we need a season or two for gelling. Now, a year later half of the squad are branded as finished. I really don’t like that in modern football. Give the lads the confidence they need and let them flourish into champions. Hope Maresca is capable of doing it and I certainly believe we have the players to win us the league.

We don't even need to worry about the top 4. The top 5 will see us seal a CL place, which is a must to show potential future signings (and those currently here) that this "project" is actually working.

Winning a league title is most likely years away with our board's reluctance to sign talent that isn't below the legal drinking age.

I’ve said this before but I just don’t for the life of me get the meltdowns from our fans on Twitter about us selling Trev. Exactly the same as Gallagher. Two players who are academy products, yes so I get the sentimentality, but are merely decent but not great players. They’re solid squad players for a top team. Yet Chelsea fans are losing their heads as if we’re selling Salah or KDB again.

Neither Chalobah or Gallagher get anywhere near our best XI this season if everyone is fit. So if we can get tens of millions in pure profit for players who weren’t even going to be starters it’s a no brainer.

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’ve said this before but I just don’t for the life of me get the meltdowns from our fans on Twitter about us selling Trev. Exactly the same as Gallagher. Two players who are academy products, yes so I get the sentimentality, but are merely decent but not great players. They’re solid squad players for a top team. Yet Chelsea fans are losing their heads as if we’re selling Salah or KDB again.

Neither Chalobah or Gallagher get anywhere near our best XI this season if everyone is fit. So if we can get tens of millions in pure profit for players who weren’t even going to be starters it’s a no brainer.

I think it’s because we keep spending hundreds of millions on guys like Badiashile, Fofana and Disasi who are all very disappointing. Chalobah has been a strong squad player, still be sold.

5 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I think it’s because we keep spending hundreds of millions on guys like Badiashile, Fofana and Disasi who are all very disappointing. Chalobah has been a strong squad player, still be sold.

likely yeah
I feel that W. Fofana needs his own category though -- what a strange buy. I suspect a favor for his agent to facilitate other deals? no proof of any of that, but I really can't imagine any other reason.

Edited by robsblubot

7 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Tbh, I personally think Trev is at the same level as Disasi and Badiashile. All are capabale of decent displays when the team is playing well but none are starting quality for a team hoping to be in the UCL places. 

I don’t trust Chalobah at all in a build from the back system like we’ll be playing where the CB’s have to be excellent on the ball and press resistant. Like Disasi, Trev is prone to silly, catastrophic mistakes when he is rushed or pressed.

Yet reading popular Chelsea Twitter guys like Pys or Younes you’d think we’re selling John Terry.