Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

now that  Ronald Araujo is injured and due back for 5 or 6 months, and others are either already at new clubs or soon will be, the CB market for quality CBs is down to

António Silva
Jean-Clair Todibo  
Piero Hincapié
Willian Pacho  

Gonçalo Inácio  
Cristhian Mosquera
Jorrel Hato 
Mohamed Simakan  
Ousmane Diomande
Dávid Hancko

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

CB (2 if we sell 2) I listed the best 10 left on the market right above

2 CBs? If we sell 2 of Chalobah, Badiashille and Disasi (let's say we sell Chalo and Badi) we will have Colwill, Tosin, Disasi, and emergency Fofana, Veiga - no way we need 2 more, 1 is enough. 

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

Agreed. After the signings of all those proven players in 2022 and how well it went i can't believe we're not repeating such a proven succesful formula.

When you come from America and enter football for the first time and appoint yourself as sports director sacking your elite gaffer because  he told you not to go into the dressing room. Today we are hunting 16years old mainly but this is not  Brighton FC farming club  to go in the matrix trust the process to make money with kindengarden .

Manchester city who are the best in the league currently have a 26 man squad. That squad includes Cancelo, Phillips and 3-4 youngsters. Arsenal have a 24 man squad. Liverpool have 28 players and 5-6 of them are youngsters. 

We have 44 senior players and you lot are posting links with 4-5 new players!? I believe we must sign a striker and get rid of a lot of players, but that's it. Real Madrid have a 22 man squad. Bloated squads never work. 

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we need 4 players

GK (we should be all over Mamardashvili like a rash, Valencia's asking price is £33.5m)

LWer (right footed) Doue for me

CF J David is so affordable and the lad is a couple of goals or asissts away  (he is sitting on 149 goals, 49 asissts) from 200 topflight toal goals produced for club and country, and is only 24yo

Described it perfectly, that said I doubt any of this happens..

top valued under 26yo and under CFs

this shows you how few top quality ones there are

in order (not counting Mbappe as a CF)

the top 25:

Erling Haaland 
Lautaro Martínez 
Victor Osimhen 
Julián Álvarez 
Alexander Isak 
Darwin Núñez 
Dušan Vlahović   
Viktor Gyökeres
Rasmus Højlund 
Marcus Thuram 
Endrick  
Loïs Openda    
Jonathan David
Benjamin Sesko
Joshua Zirkzee 
Evan Ferguson  
Gonçalo Ramos  
João Pedro   
Randal Kolo Muani 
Matheus Cunha  
Santiago Gimenez
Dominic Solanke
Victor Boniface   
Nicolas Jackson    
Samu Omorodion

if you extend it to 27, 28 and 29yos and list only those over 25m euros as a cut off (so going deep down value-wise)

you can add these 8:

27yos

Gabriel Jesus    
Mikel Oyarzabal   
Richarlison
Artem Dovbyk

28yos

Ollie Watkins    
Ivan Toney   
Serhou Guirassy

29yo

Aleksandar Mitrovic

On 16/07/2024 at 06:27, Vesper said:

which is why I have been banging on about getting a right-footed actual LWer for ages

every major (as in good eneough to buy) even remotely available one (including some who are crazy expensive, whether inn tranfer cost or salary or both, and I will put those in italics)

Bold I rate, strike-thru I do not (whether damaged goods or just do not fancy)    

Rafael Leão (fee too high)
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (fee too high)
Nico Williams (wages too high)
Anthony Gordon (fee too high)

Jack Grealish     
Kaoru Mitoma

Mathys Tel 
Federico Chiesa 
Harvey Barnes
Désiré Doué
Kenan Yıldız
Jadon Sancho  (wages too high)
Amine Adli 
Ferran Torres
Jamie Bynoe-Gittens 
Ansu Fati 
Amine Gouiri 
Crysencio Summerville 
Morgan Rogers 
Antonio Nusa  

Remember the forums and socials last season clowning Gordon like he was a cross between Jimmy Savill and Worzal Gummidge. Funny that he is now seen as a top player. For me, he is one of the bigger misses we have made since Clearlake have come in. Think he would've helped massively last season with his desire, running and height. 

On 16/07/2024 at 11:31, Strike said:

Barca don't have the money for Nico Williams : The Athletic

I'm not getting my hopes up though. Barca will do a bake sale and get the money

Barca have gone past the bake sales and now need to enter the Meth industry like Walter Water if they're going to afford anyone half decent these days. 

23 hours ago, Pizy said:

The Barca president has publicly come out and said they have the money for Nico Williams. The president of La Liga has said the same. I think it’s absolutely classless and insane for them (especially the La Liga boss) to come out and say these things about a player from another club and one who just signed a new contract, btw. But it’s clear they’re going to go for him.

His super close friendship with Yamal and the allure of Barca even in their current state is far too enticing for a Spanish player to turn down. Don’t know why our name keeps getting brought up. There’s no chance he’d choose us over them.

Barca lacking class? Who would've thought it? 

21 hours ago, Pizy said:

It is a bit weird that any and all rumors and links with Trev, Broja, etc leaving have all died. There are so many teams that are dying for solid young CB’s and someone of Broja’s profile so I figured they’d be relatively quick, easy sales for us.

Looks like it could be another mad scramble right near the deadline where we’re desperately looking for loan moves for 20 of our unwanted/unneeded players.

Not selling Trev is probably the best thing that could happen. Selling him for £25m imo is boarderline insane considering he is better than Tosin, Disaster and Badi. As for Broja, I suspect he will move to Italy late in the window on a low fee or maybe back to Soton on a loan. We don't have a strong hand with him. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

now that  Ronald Araujo is injured and due back for 5 or 6 months, and others are either already at new clubs or soon will be, the CB market for quality CBs is down to

António Silva
Jean-Clair Todibo  
Piero Hincapié
Willian Pacho  

Gonçalo Inácio  
Cristhian Mosquera
Jorrel Hato 
Mohamed Simakan  
Ousmane Diomande
Dávid Hancko

Silva is the player we should go all in on. However, with the amount of CB's we have I cannot see us buying a another for serious money even if we sell two. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

we need 4 players

GK (we should be all over Mamardashvili like a rash, Valencia's asking price is £33.5m)

LWer (right footed) Doue for me

CF J David is so affordable and the lad is a couple of goals or asissts away  (he is sitting on 149 goals, 49 asissts) from 200 topflight toal goals produced for club and country, and is only 24yo

Mamar is actually my No.1 realistic target. GK is probably also my No.1 area of need as well as I am not accepting Sanchez is suddenly going to become a decent shot stopper or he and Petro are going to start becoming ball playing GK's with a bit of training. 

West Ham must pay £40m for Jhon Duran

The situation remains open for Jhon Duran, who could still leave this summer.

Aston Villa always wanted £40m, they rejected different approaches from Chelsea in June and from West Ham in the recent weeks.

Their request remains clear, at least £40m or the player is not leaving. Let's see what West Ham decide to do now.

The Hammers have also been linked with Alexander Sorloth but I don't have concrete updates on that situation.

I can say that Villarreal, when Roma asked for Sorloth recently, always replied: release clause or nothing.

€38m, this is the value of the clause and what Villarreal want for Sorloth.

31 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Remember the forums and socials last season clowning Gordon like he was a cross between Jimmy Savill and Worzal Gummidge. Funny that he is now seen as a top player. For me, he is one of the bigger misses we have made since Clearlake have come in. Think he would've helped massively last season with his desire, running and height. 

02aecc25cb75f3b3afda041b70f043e4.png0d4ed52e20f24a14a0f187bb34924bc4.png

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

How do you play De Ligt, Yoro, and Lisandro in the same team? Ten Hag doesn’t play with a back 3, does he?

Given the amount of football Johnny Evans played last season with Martinez being injured as well as Varane leaving the club I think there will be enough minutes for those 3 and Maguire to get plenty of game time fitness permitting.

Evans did renew for another season IIRC so they arguably on paper, they. would have 5 CBs with those options.

On another matter We most definitely need to trim our squad before making any more additions.

We are probably still 3 or 4 quality players away from properly competing for the CL spots - if Maresca and some of these playerd are all their supposedly cracked up to be - given the current make up of the squad.

But before then, what will happen with the likes of Santos, Broja, Ugochuwku, Lukaku, D Fofana, Angelo, Casadei, Kellyman, Gilchrist, Kepa, Anjorin, Sarr, Humphries, Guiu, Washington…. too many players again. So various loans/sales are absolutely required before we sign anyone else. 

Without those players mentioned above we will already have like 25 players too.

Edited by OneMoSalah