Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

50-70m for a Brazilian CB who is uncapped even at youth level in a period of rather meh Brazilian CBs and with just one ok PL season would be ridiculously stupid- in other words a trademark clownlake signings 

Especially as we’re ALSO negotiating for another young South American “super talent” at CB as we speak in Anselmino. And from what I can see in the YouTube footage he does look legit great unlike some of the other teenagers we’ve bought recently. 

15 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I am taking it this kid is coming straight in, yes? Hopefully this means we get rid of Disaster, even if that is to Strasborg on loan.

He is going on loan to Strasborg while Disasi will continue to stink the place here another season.

8 hours ago, Strike said:

No rumours I've seen yet. Prefer to sign Maignan. Couple of positions, we can go for experience - GK being one of them. 

Ah, okay. I was a huge fan a few seasons ago, and he was my number one choice for a while. However, he hasn't been at the same level for a while, so a lot would come down to the potential package as to whether he'd be good value or not.

I just really hope we sign someone who's first-team quality and over 27 this summer.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Especially as we’re ALSO negotiating for another young South American “super talent” at CB as we speak in Anselmino. And from what I can see in the YouTube footage he does look legit great unlike some of the other teenagers we’ve bought recently. 

He does. And looks like the deal is signed too. 

The club seems to be making queries on Isak, David, Murillo, given there's the PSR deadline of June 30 coming up. Will be a while before we make the next move in the market I think. 

36 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

He is going on loan to Strasborg while Disasi will continue to stink the place here another season.

I really hope not. If Disaster has to play it should only be when we play Tier C & D clubs in Conference and Domestic cups. I suspect the new Manager will see this with his determination to play short passes and have everyone tactically disciplined. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Murillo does look insanely good on the ball for a CB tbf. In fact, his game reminds me almost exactly of Gvardiol’s. Same dribbling style, same bombing forward carrying the ball, same super aggressive tackling.

But as I said yesterday I don’t know what the point in having all 3 of Colwill, Badiashile, AND Murillo who all occupy the same area. Unless the plan is different under Maresca than we all think and we’ll be primarily playing a back 3 rather than with 2 CB’s and we need an extra CB for depth.

Calafiori would make much more sense, given that he could play CB and play LB at a high level. 

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

Calafiori would make much more sense, given that he could play CB and play LB at a high level. 

Juve and Arsenal are the teams mentioned for Calafiori. Chelsea links have been quiet.

We stand no chance of getting calafiori. Every top club is chasing him after his euro performamces plus he gives me the vibe of someone who will stay in Italy his entire career.
From the players we have been persistently linked with, I hope we just end up with Anselmino and David. Hope we dodge the rest of the dross  

6 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Aaron Anselmino looks like a Maresca signing given his build and characteristics; I mean assuming he's good passing the football.

He certainly looks like he can pass the ball

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, he is a beast. Prefect PL GK so long as you're not wanting Ederson level technical skill on the ball. 

I have not seen any keeper atm who has Ederson-level ball skills

he is pretty unique

17 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Presses like an animal!

Not a pure centre forward? Wtf is he then 🤣

If he is another multifunctional attacker who isn’t an actual striker or have a proper position, whats the point? Might as well go back to Sterling upfront like under Tuchel or go with Nkunku etc.

Swear people are creaming themselves over every potential signing we make but have seem to forgotten most of the signings these 2 idiot sporting directors have made have flattered to deceive. Or because some ex Barca coach, who is 90% going to be bias towards a Barca academy player, says he presses like an animal. Things like fighting for every ball and presses aren’t rare skills, its basics of modern day football.

Just another signing that is the complete opposite of what we actually need: a ready made striker who will elevate our side from day 1. We will never learn.

Edited by OneMoSalah

6 hours ago, TheHulk said:

38f5b1178349c31954cbc73bb88d949a.png2556d5ed2907c3241ee93c8aee6b781a.png

Colombia waits for its next mega star: Oscar Perea, a Name well-known to Europe's biggest clubs

https://en.nogomania.com/read/Colombia-waits-for-its-next-mega-star-Oscar-Perea-a-Name-well-known-to-Europe-s-biggest-clubs

GetFile.ashx?id=256794

Oscar Perea, a promising young Colombian football star, shines at Atletico Nacional, attracting attention from Europe's top clubs, potentially becoming Colombia's next big football sensation.

Colombia has had many wonderful footballers in the past. At the end of the eighties and the beginning of the nineties of the last century, it had a generation of top players, among whom Carlos Valderrama, Rene Higuita, Faustino Asprilla, Freddy Rincon, Adolfo Valencia, and the unfortunate Andres Escobar stood out. In this millennium, they were followed by Ivan Cordoba, Radamel Falcao, James Rodriguez, Juan Cuadrado, and some others.

Recently, it seems that Colombian football does not "produce" extraordinary players anymore. One of the few exceptions at the highest level is currently Luis Diaz, who plays for Liverpool. Will this change with the rise of the new wunderkind of Colombian football? Oscar Perea is an eighteen-year-old left winger, who already regularly plays for Atletico Nacional from Medellin and arouses the interest of big European clubs.

Oscar Andres Perea Abonce was born on September 27, 2005, in the small town of La Virginia, which was established in the 19th century as a settlement for escaped slaves. When he was just five months old, his father died, and he moved with his mother to an even smaller place, Santa Cecilia, where he took his first football steps in the football school Escuela Benkos Biojo.

He and his mother then moved to Palmira, where he continued his football education at the local club Envigado. There he was noticed by coach Jorge Montoya from the club La Cantera in the provincial capital Pereira. Here his remarkable progress began. For the U15 team, he scored 13 goals in 18 matches, which in 2020, at the tender age of fifteen, opened the doors for him to one of the biggest Colombian clubs, the former Libertadores Cup champion, Atletico Nacional from Medellin.

In May 2022, at the age of sixteen, he made his debut in the first team of the green-and-whites when coach Hernan Herrera sent him into the game against the team Equidad in the 75th minute. His talent was also noticed by the British newspaper Guardian, which included him in their selection of the 60 best young footballers in the world Next Generation 2022. Although he has only recently become of age, he has already won three trophies with Los Verdolagas in 2023: the Dimayor league, the Colombian Cup, and the Colombian Super Cup.

Perea is quite tall (180 cm) and physically very strong for his age, which is very useful in battles with older players. His best position is the left wing, from where he likes to penetrate the penalty area to create an opportunity for a shot with his stronger right foot. He is an extremely dynamic player who likes to dribble and never shies away from a challenge. He shines the most in the transition from defense to attack, where his speed, agility, and exceptional acceleration are highlighted.

Dribbling is one of the most noticeable aspects of his game. In the first league season of 2023, he averaged 6.42 dribbles per 90 minutes, being successful in just over half of the cases (51.1%). The statistic of his passes shows that he likes to keep the ball at his feet, as he averaged only 15.89 passes per 90 minutes, placing him at the bottom compared to his teammates at Atletico Nacional. Often he holds onto the ball too much, which is undoubtedly a result of inexperience and something that can be corrected. Cristiano Ronaldo had a similar issue at the beginning of his career.

In a defensive sense, he is an ideal player for a team that executes high pressing on the opponent's half. His positioning and spatial orientation help him intercept opponent's passes in the danger zone, and his physical strength also aids him in defensive duels. In the 2023 season, he averaged 3.65 ball recoveries per 90 minutes.

Currently, everything is going smoothly for the young Colombian winger, so the future seems bright. His contract with the Medellin club expires in December 2024, so the big question is whether he will continue to play in the green-and-white jersey. It's no surprise that several European clubs are monitoring his progress, with Borussia Dortmund, known for its quality work with young players, being the most interested.

If Oscar Perea continues to develop at such a pace and if his representatives choose his next destination wisely, Colombia may finally get a worthy successor to Carlos Valderrama, James Rodriguez, and other giants from the past.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not a pure centre forward? Wtf is he then 🤣

If he is another multifunctional attacker who isn’t an actual striker or have a proper position, whats the point? Might as well go back to Sterling upfront like under Tuchel or go with Nkunku etc.

Swear people are creaming themselves over every potential signing we make but have seem to forgotten most of the signings these 2 idiot sporting directors have made have flattered to deceive. Or because some ex Barca coach, who is 90% going to be bias towards a Barca academy player, says he presses like an animal. Things like fighting for every ball and presses aren’t rare skills, its basics of modern day football.

he is around 6 feet 2 inches, so good height

looks to be strong and creative in the air

I am sure he can play as a CF