Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Calafiori is a LCB, right? I don’t see why we’d be after someone of his profile when we’ve got Colwill and Badiashile. The latter isn’t good enough to be an every match starter but Badiashile is perfectly fine as a squad/rotation option.

Unless Maresca is going to play a back 3 I don’t think we need anymore CB signings this summer. 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Calafiori is a LCB, right? I don’t see why we’d be after someone of his profile when we’ve got Colwill and Badiashile. The latter isn’t good enough to be an every match starter but Badiashile is perfectly fine as a squad/rotation option.

Unless Maresca is going to play a back 3 I don’t think we need anymore CB signings this summer. 

I agree unless we're going after some kind of phenominal beast that can do a VVD to Liverpool esque transformation to us. I am not aware of such a player that is a realistic transfer.

10 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I agree unless we're going after some kind of phenominal beast that can do a VVD to Liverpool esque transformation to us. I am not aware of such a player that is a realistic transfer.

Yep. I’m assuming we’re playing with 2 CB’s in a back 4. In which case Tosin, Fofana, and Disasi as options on the right and Colwill + Badiashile as options on the left seems like plenty. And that’s assuming Trev is sold. 

Buying a top young talent like Calafiori when we’ve already got a top young talent in his position like Colwill doesn’t make much sense unless you’re going to use one of them in one of those unconventional roles. 

4 hours ago, Mhsc said:

What's everyones thoughts on Guirassy at €17.5m? Might be a one season wonder? With Sesko off the market, at that price, it has to be tempting no? 

I’d rather have a player in form and peak of his career on the cheap than get another expensive mega gamble 

4 hours ago, TheHulk said:

I think we massively overpaid here. Estevao seems highly talented, great dribbler, but by his highlights is so incredibly far off a finished product. Plus he seems very left footed . He plays like a very talented 17 yo but for 65m he should be close to wc already. Kendry paez to me looks far more mature with better shot and eye for goal. 

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think we massively overpaid here. Estevao seems highly talented, great dribbler, but by his highlights is so incredibly far off a finished product. Plus he seems very left footed . He plays like a very talented 17 yo but for 65m he should be close to wc already. Kendry paez to me looks far more mature with better shot and eye for goal. 

This is what happens when owners shit the bed, they got desperate after fucking up the Endrik deal and wanted to tie up the next big talent after him.

Not only would Kvara cost 100m but the quotes that Fabrizio tweeted made it sound like he only wants to go to a CL club. 

I think PSG have been linked so that’s likely where he’s eyeing.

Chelsea scouts have been in attendance several times to watch Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, but they are mentioning Champions League and Chelsea are not in it. (@FabrizioRomano)

Napoli issue a statement responding to comments made by Khvicha Kvaratskhelia's father and agent, with both saying the Georgian could leave.

"Napoli reiterates the player has a contract for another three years. Kvaratskhelia is not on the market. It is not on agents or fathers to decide the future of a player under contract with Napoli, but the club! End of the story."

Chelsea message on Colwill - “Untouchable” (@FabrizioRomano)

Edited by mkh