Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Has there been any reporting on what we’re going to do with Estevão until next year? He just staying at Palmeiras until then?

that's right. He can't leave Brazil until he turns 18, which means Summer 2025.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

problem is that he will not see himself as a squad player but as a starter, important player which i doubt he ever will be, with his limitations. 

players also improve with playing time and their natural evolution

there are a lot of competitions and there are still injuries and I'm sure there will be playing time for everyone 

6 minutes ago, Mário César said:

yes he will join Chelsea in 25/26 season

6 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

that's right. He can't leave Brazil until he turns 18, which means Summer 2025.

So is it a loan back to Palmeiras or are we not actually paying them until next summer?

16 minutes ago, Mário César said:

players also improve with playing time and their natural evolution

there are a lot of competitions and there are still injuries and I'm sure there will be playing time for everyone 

Players don't really develop the skill side of their game a whole lot. First touch being the most obvious one, but that tight control, which some players have and others don't, is really hard to "develop" even as an academy player.
Even some aspects in their mental side is hard to change: aggression is the most common example. Never seen a player drastically change their temperament.

The most common case is players stagnating, or even regressing. It's that we don't get to know, or don't remember the ones who never make it.

Edited by robsblubot

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So is it a loan back to Palmeiras or are we not actually paying them until next summer?

yeah I think it's officially a loan back to Palmeiras. Pretty much what happened with Endrik, and Pato before them.

I'm not really sure because I don't know how they go around FIFA regulation on this.

Edited by robsblubot

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

7 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

yeah I think it's officially a loan back to Palmeiras. Pretty much what happened with Endrik, and Pato before them.

Neither was loan. Just like Paez is still player of Ecuadorian side. You reach agreement that they join later. In this case when they turn 18. 

But Pulisic, Nkunku deals were not different. 

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Neither was loan. Just like Paez is still player of Ecuadorian side. You reach agreement that they join later. In this case when they turn 18. 

But Pulisic, Nkunku deals were not different. 

makes sense given that it's a FIFA regulation.

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Wirtz had a serious injury not so long ago. Just look at our track record. I'll stick with my opinion on Mudryk on this point - I still believe there's a really good player waiting to flourish. Whether we'll see at during his time here is another story.

Mudryk will end up being a bang average winger with that typical burst of pace.   I just don't see him becoming a player who is going to score/assist 15 goals a season in the Premier League. 

That 70 million price tag (along with Fofana's transfer fee....considering the injuries he had at Leicester) will go down as two of the worst transfers in PL history. 

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Real is also stacked in his position. 

And with his England background I'm sure he will come to PL after Bayern. But yeah, most likely not us.

Tbh, we are competing pretty well with Arsenal, Liverpool, United despite having only Conference League. City's pull will reduce with Pep leaving.

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Mudryk is a lot like Timo Werner in that they both had amazing seasons where they looked like worldies and then as soon as they moved to Chelsea they look super timid and lose all confidence. I don’t know why we have such shit luck like that.

Werner hasn't been that great at Spurs either, even Leipzig didn't want to keep him as a squad rotation player...

As for Mudryk, the problem for him will be the price tag.  If he was another 35 million signing like most other wingers/players from Shaktar, the pressure would be less. 

12 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Steinberg is the worst that covers Chelsea, he is jealous West Ham fan, personally ignore everything he says.

He has worded it ambiguously. 

doubts have emerged over whether Olise would favour a move there when there is also interest from Arsenal, Bayern, Newcastle and both Manchester clubs.

I don't think he has clear info on what Olise is thinking hence worded it as "doubts have emerged"

Okay, just watched a new, much longer YouTube video of Estevão and came away MUCH more convinced about him. The previous videos I watched of him made question if he was actually worthy of the hype and excitement. He didn’t look that special to me before. But now I’m legit excited about him coming next summer.

What’s crazy is that as impressed as I now am with Estevão, Kendry Paez looks even better. The phrase “generational talent” gets thrown around too loosely these days but he looks like one. A superstar in the making if he is coached right and settles well. His close control, ability to dribble multiple players, and most of all his confidence at age 16/17 is insane.

Really makes me wonder why we’re going out and potentially dropping £60m+ on Olise when these two are waiting in the wings. Unless there’s a big clear out of wide attackers planned with Sterling, Madueke, and Mudryk all going over the next 12 months.

54 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Okay, just watched a new, much longer YouTube video of Estevão and came away MUCH more convinced about him. The previous videos I watched of him made question if he was actually worthy of the hype and excitement. He didn’t look that special to me before. But now I’m legit excited about him coming next summer.

What’s crazy is that as impressed as I now am with Estevão, Kendry Paez looks even better. The phrase “generational talent” gets thrown around too loosely these days but he looks like one. A superstar in the making if he is coached right and settles well. His close control, ability to dribble multiple players, and most of all his confidence at age 16/17 is insane.

Really makes me wonder why we’re going out and potentially dropping £60m+ on Olise when these two are waiting in the wings. Unless there’s a big clear out of wide attackers planned with Sterling, Madueke, and Mudryk all going over the next 12 months.

Can't write all that and not link the video lad lol show me show me!

6 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Can't write all that and not link the video lad lol show me show me!

Don’t know how to post a video on this forum! 😅

It’s from the channel SVMM. It’s 16 minutes long.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

He has worded it ambiguously. 

doubts have emerged over whether Olise would favour a move there when there is also interest from Arsenal, Bayern, Newcastle and both Manchester clubs.

I don't think he has clear info on what Olise is thinking hence worded it as "doubts have emerged"

Those 'doubts' may very well be the writer's own for all we know.