Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

Perhaps the fact that we tried hard for him last summer will be the decisive advantage for us. Shows that the club really want and value him.

But what happens if we offer him let’s say £120-150k per week and United/City/Arse/Liverpool offer him £200-250k per week? Double the wages and UCL football feels like it would be super hard to turn down.

It actually is pretty simple why we are going so all out for Olise

look at the only remotely available wingers and AMFs who are clearly better

they are all insanely expensive and some have just renewed

and there just is hardly any of them, even at the mad prices, a total of 6, 3 in each postion, and Diaz will never come here (plus, 2 seasons from now he turns 30, and he isnt going to wait for some long term project, AND he has not exactly set the world afire at Pool)

Wingers

Rafael Leão  
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia  justed renewed
Luis Díaz  

AMFs

Florian Wirtz 
Jamal Musiala 
Xavi Simons   

thats it for both groups

right below Olise for wingers is Nico Williams, and unless we are now Cannes Palm d'Or lever actors, we are not all in for him over years now

same for Olise teammate at AMF:  Eberechi Eze (who I rate a lot as well) and probably Kudus

pretty large drop off after that in both groups

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Can we make Olise, Palmer and Nkunku working as front 3?

4 2 3 1

3 3 3 1

4 2 2 2 (the first 2 being Nkunku at SS and then the CF)

3 3 2 2  (the first 2 being Nkunku at SS and then the CF)

4 4 2  (the first 2 being Nkunku at SS and then the CF)

Edited by Vesper

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

He assisted the second one as well, guy is a gem.

In 2026 we'll have Palmer, Noni, Omari, Paez, Angelo, Estevao and (Olise) - competing for the RW spot. 

14 hours ago, Pizy said:

He’s the closest thing to Mahrez there is. So if City decide to move for him you’re right, it’s over.

they have better left footed winger than Mahrez now... Foden

these are the top valued left footed wingers

in order

EVERY single one of the 13 is (11 currently) or was (1, Sane) in the EPL, except for Yamal

in bold are or were at either Chels, City, or Arse (plus Olise may soon be) Olise would make it 8 of the TOP 9!

all 3 managers of the 8 are Pep, or his 2 asisstants at one time, and Pep was at Yamal's current club, Barca, so Pep ties to the entire top 9, if Olise goes to one of the 3 clubs

Phil Foden 
Bukayo Saka 
Martin Ødegaard 

Lamine Yamal  
Cole Palmer 
Kai Havertz  
Bernardo Silva  
Leroy Sané  
Michael Olise 

Mohamed Salah 
Moussa Diaby  
Dejan Kulusevski     
Pedro Neto

Lucas Paquetá likely banned for life or at least for 5 to 10 years I wager, so finished at top level in terms of the EPL, and probaly UEFA, and maybe FIFA globally

Edited by Vesper

14 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Ideally Broja as their backup CF

But looks like they might do a deal with Roma for Tammy for that role - which makes sense and has upside for them. 

Would be okay with Chalobah or Chilwell  going there since they're looking for LBs (Digne and Moreno both 30+ and might leave)

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they have better left footed winger than Mahrez now... Foden

these are the top valued left footed wingers

in order

EVERY single one of the 13 is (11 currently) or was (1, Sane) in the EPL, except for Yamal

in bold are or were at either Chels, City, or Arse (plus Olise may soon be) Olise would make it 8 of the TOP 9!

all 3 managers of the 8 are Pep, or his 2 asisstants at one time, and Pep was at Yamal's current club, Barca, so Pep ties to the entire top 9, if Olise goes to one of the 3 clubs

Phil Foden 
Bukayo Saka 
Martin Ødegaard 

Lamine Yamal  
Cole Palmer 
Kai Havertz  
Bernardo Silva  
Leroy Sané  
Michael Olise 

Mohamed Salah 
Moussa Diaby  
Dejan Kulusevski     
Pedro Neto

Lucas Paquetá likely banned for life or at least for 5 to 10 years I wager, so finished at top level in terms of the EPL, and probaly UEFA, and maybe FIFA globally

That's the thing with football - in a couple of years, this list will get upended and a completely new set of names will be here.

Want the directors to seriously look into roster formation. Sign experience to keep the professionalism up at the club during a good run, keep heads up if we hit bad form. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

In 2026 we'll have Palmer, Noni, Omari, Paez, Angelo, Estevao and (Olise) - competing for the RW spot. 

Just now, Strike said:

That's the thing with football - in a couple of years, this list will get upended and a completely new set of names will be here.

Want the directors to seriously look into roster formation. Sign experience to keep the professionalism up at the club during a good run, keep heads up if we hit bad form. 

The EPL money will just grow and grow.

I am shocked at how much some of my American friends (and over half of the ones I am talking about are female) who I went to uni with now love EPL football, after hating 'soccer' just 5, 6 years ago

1 hour ago, Strike said:

You mean 2025. South Americans can come next summer. 

In our recent good run when we won every game Palmer always played AM in 4231. I'm sure he will continue to do so. In terms of quality right now we have him there and Olise RW if we sign him. That's it. No one else is anywhere near starting material. 

Angelo couldn't score in Ligue 1 so will continue to go on loans probably before being sold. 

Hutchinson can play both sides but again who knows if he ever plays official game for us in the future. 

Madueke already linked with a move but may stay to be Olise backup. 

When Estevao (who can also play AM) and Paez arrive they will be just 18 and will need years to develop so they could be backups for Palmer and Olise who are going to be in prime years or go on loans. 

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

I want big macho clubs to come and hijack us.

That just sounds like someone from Villa's side trying to jack up the transfer fee for a player who would be nothing more than an impact sub right now. 

I'm not seeing any links for Duran from the other PL sides chasing European football next season...

Chelsea

• More on Pedro Lima deal for Chelsea and Strasbourg. Final fee will be €7.5m guaranteed to Sport Recife plus €3m future add-ons for 2006 born Brazilian right back. Documents to be reviewed this week with his agent in London and then deal sealed.

• Conor Gallagher on potential exit from Chelsea: “Full focus on the Euros. I couldn't be happier with the position I'm in. It was sad to see Pochettino go. He’s done so much for me, but I’m really excited for the new manager coming in and working with him.”

• Si Phillips has an exclusive update on whether Levi Colwill is set to bow out once more at Stamford Bridge.

• Chelsea have approached Crystal Palace to ask about further details of Michael Olise’s release clause. He’s among top targets for Chelsea again. Race still open with several clubs keen, but Chelsea are now pushing.

Bologna warn Juventus and more ‘no intention’ of selling Riccardo Calafiori

https://football-italia.net/bologna-warn-juventus-selling-calafiori/

bologna-fc-v-atalanta-bc-serie-a-tim-102

Bologna CEO Claudio Fenucci warns Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen, Chelsea and other interested parties they have ‘no intention’ of selling Riccardo Calafiori.

The Italy international is currently preparing for EURO 2024 with Luciano Spalletti’s group in Germany, having earned two senior caps.

He has attracted a great deal of interest from the likes of Juve, Bayer Leverkusen, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich with his performances at the Stadio Dall’Ara.

However, with a contract to June 2027 and Champions League qualification secured, Bologna insist they are not going to bow to any pressure.

“We already said that our intention is to confirm most of the current squad,” said Fenucci in today’s press conference to present new coach Vincenzo Italiano.

“We already told Calafiori’s agent that we have no intention of losing him.”

Calafiori only at Bologna for one season

The 22-year-old was a product of the Roma youth academy, going on to a loan at Genoa before his €2.6m sale to FC Basel in 2022.

A year later, Calafiori returned to Italy for Bologna in a deal worth €4m, but Basel are owed 40 per cent of the sell-on fee.

That is still enough to make a huge profit, as the player is now valued at €30m.

Nominally a central defender, he can play as a left-back, a wing-back or even a central midfielder.

He scored two goals and provided five assists in 37 competitive games for Bologna this season.