Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If the move happens as being reported by Romano, it is astute business. Sad to lose an academy product but if Chalobah goes, we have a ready made replacement with PL experience and suits Maresca’s style of play and helps us with FFP. Tosin is a good defender. There is not much difference between the two as well, but Tosin is more experienced playing in a back 4 over a whole season.

DiMarzio is saying that Chelsea haven’t followed up after one meeting with Osimhen’s agents. Wages and fee is the issue.

Posted (edited)
On 31/05/2024 at 04:35, Vesper said:

Lima has insane potential

So does every other player we’ve signed apparently.

Point is, Reece is 24 and Gusto is 21. Makes 0 sense. Doesn’t make sense long or short term.

Also Tosin Adarabioyo? Seriously? Fucking hell. Signing another 3/4th choice CB. Wouldn’t get a game ahead of Disasi or Chalobah.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

So does every other player we’ve signed apparently.

Point is, Reece is 24 and Gusto is 21. Makes 0 sense. Doesn’t make sense long or short term.

In situations like this imo they should just sign him for Strasbourg and stick a release clause in his contract we (or anyone) could trigger in the future for a healthy markup on whatever they pay now. What the fuck is the point in the multi club model otherwise.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

In situations like this imo they should just sign him for Strasbourg and stick a release clause in his contract we (or anyone) could trigger in the future for a healthy markup on whatever they pay now. What the fuck is the point in the multi club model otherwise.

Maybe they could. But again Strasbourg’s fanbase have made it clear they have no desire to be in any multi club model & want BlueCo out.

Plus I don’t think we should just sign players for the sake of it either, multi club model or not. If these players are going to play at any club with the intention of coming here, yes, go for it but when Reece and Malo are 24 and 21, both top players who will likely never need replacing in the next 5-7 years, why bother signing him? Unless there is doubts around one of them? I don’t get the whole signing players for the sake of it mentality, just so other clubs don’t get them etc - look at Mudryk for example he was 100% in that category for me.

I’d be surprised if we continue to pursue the multi club model in all honesty after the backlash from Strasbourg’s fanbase. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

why bother signing him? Unless there is doubts around one of them?

I am just assuming he's cheap (didn't even check) and they think they can spin him around after a few years and sell him for a bunch of profit in the future. That also puts them in a position to consider selling Reece in the next 1-2 years for huge profit too, if he has enough of an injury free run to get clubs interested. Not saying it is what I want, but the kind of cold reasoning I've come to expect from them.

This potential Tosin signing would save us a ridiculous amount of money this summer. Money we can then use to throw at a top keeper.

Extremely smart and sensible transfer. I know people will be sad to see Trev go and I will be too, but Tosin is jus as solid defensively as Trev is but looks much better on the ball and on a different planet in terms of initiating attacks from the CB position.

If we can bleed Man United or whoever else for £40m or more whilst getting an upgrade for free I think it’ll be incredible. I’d rather they sign Chalobah who is a solid 7 out of 10 CB than a genuine world class one. I don’t think he improves them at all, really.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This potential Tosin signing would save us a ridiculous amount of money this summer. Money we can then use to throw at a top keeper.

Extremely smart and sensible transfer. I know people will be sad to see Trev go and I will be too, but Tosin is jus as solid defensively as Trev is but looks much better on the ball and on a different planet in terms of initiating attacks from the CB position.

If we can bleed Man United or whoever else for £40m or more whilst getting an upgrade for free I think it’ll be incredible. I’d rather they sign Chalobah who is a solid 7 out of 10 CB than a genuine world class one. I don’t think he improves them at all, really.

I think they're about same level, no? From the limited amount I've seen on Tosin. Definitely better on the ball though. 

Yeah - getting pure profit and replacing for a player of similar, if not better calibre on a free. Great business. 

I feel like Tosin is being talked about as having big potential still, so smart business to get someone like that on a free, and at the very least be a serviceable backup, much like Trev. Doesn't hurt that he is 6'6 and would help with our set piece problem too...

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Is it a Joe Shields signing? That's all I need to know.

It must be. Former CIty youth player till 2020

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yes it is. 

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

It must be. Former CIty youth player till 2020

We're going to win the league

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He is maybe better on the ball? But thats maybe. We need a top CB to lead our backline, not an average one.

He isn’t an improvement on anyone we already have but I suppose if they can sell Chalobah for pure profit and replace him for free with someone they will see it as a win.

If I am honest, if a club like Brighton/West Ham/Bournemouth etc signed him on a free I’d go ok thats a sensible signing. For us, its so mediocre. But thats obviously the remit for us now. Average and some sort of ties to Man City. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He is maybe better on the ball? But thats maybe. We need a top CB to lead our backline, not an average one.

He isn’t an improvement on anyone we already have but I suppose if they can sell Chalobah for pure profit and replace him for free with someone they will see it as a win.

If I am honest, if a club like Brighton/West Ham/Bournemouth etc signed him on a free I’d go ok thats a sensible signing. For us, its so mediocre. But thats obviously the remit for us now. Average and some sort of ties to Man City. 

As a replacement for Chalobah he looks good honestly.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

i really really hope we dont regret not going for osimhen. i have a feeling we will.

He is too expensive to take the risk.

Bo-Clownlake fucked us up by shitting away hundreds of millions of quid on some horrific buys, such as Wes Fofana, Sterling, Badiashile, Disasi, and all the first window plonkers like KK, etc etc

That's where the Osimhen (and a shedload more) money went.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Strike said:

As a replacement for Chalobah he looks good honestly.

Shouldn’t be replacing Chalobah with someone of the same level though in all honesty. Should be upgrading. Particularly with Thiago having left as well.

I really hope we are going for another CB and a top one or we will be stuck with an average backline.

Likes of Disasi & Chalobah/Tosin aren’t the CBs you build a defence chasing a CL spot around. Plus we have Levi and Badiashile as well, both who are younger and struggled last season so the need for a top top CB has never been more appropriate.

Too many 3rd/4th choice CBs. 

Edited by OneMoSalah