Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Turns out after doing some digging.. the Sporting fans absolutely love Vikto Gyokeres. Say he's an absolute beast. One of their best signings in recent history. His game has evolved from his Conventry days and that he doesn't miss. 

54 minutes ago, Ultra'Blue said:

Better buy evan ferguson 

Both expensive. Guirassy for 15m is the only cheap deal available. Even a Firmino/Karim loan will have crazy wages to cover. 

Oh man what i would like to see a 5 years younger Sarri work this squad. 

Cant understand how he got the likes of Azpi, Alonso etc. to play Sarriball decent lol. 

Imagine him with a younger squad full of technical players he can form like he wants to.. 

23 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Cant understand how he got the likes of Azpi, Alonso etc. to play Sarriball decent lol. 

Imagine him with a younger squad full of technical players he can form like he wants to.. 

Give him a consistent creator in attack like Hazard and Sarri would do well with the current squad of players.    

30 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Sarri stint with us was little bit weird - team seems to be well drilled (though boring) but at the same time it seems that Hazard bailed the out very often. Wonder how the team would look like under Sarri in his 2nd, 3rd season. This team being well trained helped tremendously Lampard when he started coaching Chelsea for the first time IMHO.

Comparing this to Poch team, that looks like never train together after half a season...

Benzema will be a brilliant signing, but unfortunately impossible. Saudis will not let him go and he surely knew what contract he signed. He is one of the ambassadors alongside CR7 and Neymar. For him to leave it will be a legal nightmare and one I don't believe we will be happy to be part of.   

All other attacking options discussed here and in the media are absolute nonsense. At least for the quoted prices. Osimhen is having a terrible season as do Napoli. 60m transfer in the summer or simply walk away. Toney hasn't played a minute since April and costs 80-100m, more like 40m max. I prefer to give games to Washington than pay this crazy sums for gambles. If Haaland is available for 250m - go for it, sell whoever to fund it even, but he isn't and there is nobody close to him. There is an argument to be made for Lautaro and to some extent Isak, but all these deals seem impossible due to players being happy where they are currently. 

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

Sarri stint with us was little bit weird - team seems to be well drilled (though boring) but at the same time it seems that Hazard bailed the out very often. Wonder how the team would look like under Sarri in his 2nd, 3rd season. This team being well trained helped tremendously Lampard when he started coaching Chelsea for the first time IMHO.

Comparing this to Poch team, that looks like never train together after half a season...

Yeah we saw what Sarri could do in just one season. Not to forget that the season before Sarri we couldnt even manage 3 passes within the team before losing it or smashing it in the air up top. 

I remember watching our first friendly game in preseason and couldnt believe my eyes. The transform over just a couple of weeks was insane. 

Sometimes i wonder if Hazard even held us back in regards of our attacking patherns and flow. He was so so good that we knew he would solve stuff by his own and relied on him maybe more than we needed. 

Sarri is also the only who wasnt sacked and he also said not long ago that his biggest regret was to leave us. 

17 hours ago, LAM09 said:

It proves that these players are capable, despite your attempts to discredit them. Talent is talent.

He wasn't talked about in the same breath as the other two,

I couldn't agree more with the first part. Dzeko (who was also signed in the winter window) and Son are the only other players to come from Germany and deliver in the Prem.

In regards to Benz, I'd be more worried about his demeanour than about anything else. I'd personally keep well clear of anyone who's gone over to Saudi for a final payday. If we're really interested in a CF, we should get someone who's still playing at the highest level on loan until the summer before buying a worthy CF.

Who is that? I seriously cannot think of anyone, outside of Benz that fits the profile. I do understand he is a bit of a idiot, but sometimes you to accept things in order to improve. 

Additionally, I am not that certain he is actually complettly washed. His game wasn't based on his physical traits and he won the Ballon in 2022. Madrid also would've kept him if he hadn't wanted the money - which I can even understand, would you turn down 15× your wage?