Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

42 minutes ago, Strike said:

Another window chasing a young CB

I'm all for it.. the lad looks proper. We need him tbh considering the state of Disasi and injury prone Badiashille. 

is he really better than the Romanian fella spuds snapped up for pennies?

i am through with young players at this point. 

recently came across a full match video of the 2007 league cup final where we had that badass makelele, essien, lamps, Ballack midfield. Our 1st choice fullbacks were injured so we played lass and bridgey, Terry got a nasty head injury. We played vs a young arsenal side with lots of mediocre players I already had forgotten about. Alliadiere, denilson, hoyte. Also 17 yo Theo Walcott scored the first goal. Still we never looked fuzzed at any time. 2 Drogba goals (great Ballack assist for the 1st, arjen Robben cross for the 2nd) later we walked away with the trophy without ever really breaking a sweat. (Lamps hit the crossbar with a great shot from 30m, so unlucky in how many finals he hit the crossbar, CL final 08, club World Cup final 12 and el final 13 too) 

Point this moment we are basically aspiring to become wengers post 04 arsenal. Full of young, inexperienced players who might even be full of desire and energy (obv not Caicedo) . We might even turn up for that possible league cup final vs Liverpool , we might even score the first goal and dominate possession like arse did vs us in 2007. but pool will sure as hell just see us off with their experience without even trying too hard. They know they have this in the bag. 

arsenal had a project back then too. Bought so many promising players, formed a team, even had a decent manager. What did they win? Zilch. Many will not know or remember most of their young players from that time. They all had world class potential but in the end never won anything and returned to their local leagues at the end of their disappointing careers. The exact same thing will happen to our current generation of players.

That is why no player under 25 no matter how talented on paper will get me excited one bit at this point 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Another window chasing a young CB

Least he is a top prospect unlike a lot of the scrubs we've been buying. Get rid of Disasi, guy should be playing with Leicester to promote.

Edited by TheHulk

4 hours ago, DDA said:

I'm all for it.. the lad looks proper. We need him tbh considering the state of Disasi and injury prone Badiashille. 

I am wary of transfers, but A.Silva is the type of player you've got to go and get if available. My only concern with him is his aerial ability/adjustment he would need and his lack of progressive passing. However, the rest of his game is pretty high for someone so young. 

Edited by King Kante

7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Point this moment we are basically aspiring to become wengers post 04 arsenal. Full of young, inexperienced players who might even be full of desire and energy (obv not Caicedo) . We might even turn up for that possible league cup final vs Liverpool , we might even score the first goal and dominate possession like arse did vs us in 2007. but pool will sure as hell just see us off with their experience without even trying too hard. They know they have this in the bag. 

arsenal had a project back then too. Bought so many promising players, formed a team, even had a decent manager. What did they win? Zilch. Many will not know or remember most of their young players from that time. They all had world class potential but in the end never won anything and returned to their local leagues at the end of their disappointing careers. The exact same thing will happen to our current generation of players.

That is why no player under 25 no matter how talented on paper will get me excited one bit at this point 

Were they in a position to win anything?   Seemed like they were quite happy getting that 4th place most seasons which helped get them a bit of UCL revenue over the years.   The difference between those Arsenal sides and this current Chelsea side is that they didn't spend 200 million on two midfielders "hoping" that they come good in the next 5 years.  If we follow that sort of path, Enzo will be at Barcelona/Real or some other top side in the next few years just like Fabregas had to move on from Arsenal to actually raise his game and win titles. 

Projects are fine and it's all good to go and buy 50 wonderkids in the same transfer window but if there is no structure or good manager in place, then what's the point?