Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 23/11/2023 at 22:57, OneMoSalah said:

Will never play there.

Who does he think he is? I mean he can’t even get into our team as a LB what chance has he got at City. Particularly where Gvardiol is like the perfect blend of left sided CB & left sided full back for them based on what Pep did last season with his tactics and set up? 🤣

I hope that the people who criticised me when I said that I would sign Gvardiol to play LB for us are a little less opposed to the idea now. 🙂 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I hope that the people who criticised me when I said that I would sign Gvardiol to play LB for us are a little less opposed to the idea now. 🙂 

I think it is one thing to do it for City as their system he isn’t necessarily an out and out left back (or wasn’t meant to be). Another thing doing it in a team trying to play with actual fullbacks like we do (or will when an actual LB is available). 

I think on paper Gvardiol looked an absolute top buy because most thought he was a massive upgrade on Ake and that he would take his place in the left side of the defence in that 3 2 4 1 shape they used very successfully last season, where Stones pushed into midfield next to Rodri creating a double pivot with Akanji, Dias and Ake effectively becoming a back 3. 

They’ve not looked as solid this season though but they have also reintroduced Kyle Walker into the starting and had regular injuries to Stones who probably played some of his best football last season in that role. Not to mention Kovacic and Nunes have been thrown into the team also so they’re not using Stones in there either. 

Would say from what I’ve seen, Gvardiol has played much more often as an out and out left back than actually in that role Ake played than I think most folk assumed he would have done. I don’t think he’s done badly but I think he maybe hasn’t done as well as most would think. Its not his most natural position but he is still more than capable of slotting in there. He can dribble the ball well under pressure (another thing Pep has added to the City team/squad adding him, Nunes and Kovacic all players who are good at ball carrying under pressure/when pressed) but think CB is still his best and where he will end up long term.

Genuinely would be surprised if City don’t revert back to that 3241 shape that served them so well last season because it gave them so much more defensively and also added height to their team whilst not necessarily losing their dominance on the ball as the likes of Akanji, Stones, Ake, Rodri, Dias are all excellent on the ball. I am a bit baffled they’re back to more of a 4231 with fullbacks playing as fullbacks. Because they don’t have a great deal of pace in that area bar Walker. Or an actual left back to trade.

Edited by OneMoSalah

12 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

I saw that inter in financial distress. Selling Brozovic and Onana saved them at the beginning of season but need to file for bankruptcy.

Bastoni, Barella or Lautaro would be good additions. But Inter are quite careful while selling - they got the max they could out of Lukaku and seem to have sold Onana and Brozovic at the right time too. 

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Bastoni, Barella or Lautaro would be good additions. But Inter are quite careful while selling - they got the max they could out of Lukaku and seem to have sold Onana and Brozovic at the right time too. 

They might not have a choice Steven Zhang part owner from China is losing crazy money to the China Markets hence why he was trying to sell Inter. In fact Blue Co should just buy Inter would make negotiations much easier.

Edited by bluesman2610

Palhinha was a beast today, still look at the Rice transfer with envy though in terms of ball carrying, nowhere near Dembele for Poch's Spurs but has really good progression runs.

Dembele, now there was a criminally underrated player.

If we could get Palhinha for the £60m (I think) Bayern agreed, I'd be happy with that.

13 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Palhinha was a beast today, still look at the Rice transfer with envy though in terms of ball carrying, nowhere near Dembele for Poch's Spurs but has really good progression runs.

Dembele, now there was a criminally underrated player.

If we could get Palhinha for the £60m (I think) Bayern agreed, I'd be happy with that.

Dembele wanyama pivot slapped , 2 physical beasts and dembele in particular was world class. 
we need an experienced powerhouse in there , or someone like palhinha for sure 

K Thuram looks like an excellent ball carrier 

Edited by lucio

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Dembele wanyama pivot slapped , 2 physical beasts and dembele in particular was world class. 
we need an experienced powerhouse in there , or someone like palhinha for sure 

K Thuram looks like an excellent ball carrier 

Thuram should have been the purchase instead of Caicedo - would have been much cheaper too. 

Or Kone would have even better than that

Edited by bluesman2610

17 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Thuram should have been the purchase instead of Caicedo - would have been much cheaper too. 

Or Kone would have even better than that

Koné is about 2x stronger than caicedo , was allegedly priced at 30m too