Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Nice to have another Serbian in Chelsea again. 4 of 5 titles in Roman era came with having at least one. Kezman, Ivanovic, Matic. 

And second keeper. Borota was Chelsea POTY in 1981 with cult status. Let's hope Petrovic follow his steps. 

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

In the case of a new attacker I do actually think there’s 1 spot in the first XI up for grabs for a player to come in and instantly start. Especially now that Carney is out for who knows how long.

Poch clearly doesn’t think Mudryk is ready yet. So a new attacker I think goes straight in with Jackson and Sterling I guess.

Honestly, we should just re-integrate CHO into the first team squad.   All this talk of Barcola and these other youngsters won't make us better.  Liverpool actually did it better than most by going after Diaz/Jota, both of them have that spark to ignite the attack throughout the game, why can't we find a player like that?  

We could have gotten Diaby from Leverkusen or Barnes from Leicester if we were keen on wingers but for some reason the club didn't get linked to either of them. 

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Theres no doubt a new attacker is needed. But proven quality, be it someone to play as a 9 or more withdrawn as a left winger or an attacking midfielder as Nkunku’s out. No more one hit wonders or projects like Kudus, Chekri, Barcola, whoever. We need players who can score goals and assist them regularly this season, not in 2026 or 2030 or whatever. We have enough projects in attack - Jackson, Broja, Noni, Mudryk.

Only Nkunku and Sterling are really proven at a competitive level in our attack, add another player with that experience and pedigree and we may have something to work with. Sterling has certainly looked a totally different player these first 2 games.  Nkunku looked good pre-season. 

Carney has impressed with Poch and may have something to offer this season. If we got a good left sided attacker, Carney could be Nkunku’s direct competition perhaps? Lets see how he comes back from his injury.

Would say he’s done much much more than Mudryk has in a Chelsea shirt. I mean there is nothing there with Mudryk that makes me think he will ever be worth half of what we’ve paid never mind all of it. A £80m + package for someone with 40 games in his whole career, in Ukraine, definitely looking to be a much more embarrassing deal than us paying £50m for a shot Torres in 2011. He would maybe make a good olympic sprinter.

You’re spot on, but I would be stunned if we were able to find someone to fit the bill this late in the window. Unless we’re willing to buy someone in their late 20’s or early 30’s which I can’t see this new recruitment team doing.

4 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Honestly, we should just re-integrate CHO into the first team squad.   All this talk of Barcola and these other youngsters won't make us better.  Liverpool actually did it better than most by going after Diaz/Jota, both of them have that spark to ignite the attack throughout the game, why can't we find a player like that?  

We could have gotten Diaby from Leverkusen or Barnes from Leicester if we were keen on wingers but for some reason the club didn't get linked to either of them. 

Oh, hell no. He’s busted and damaged goods. That explosiveness that he had pre-injury looks gone. Even at his best for us he was wildly incinsistent in front of goal.

There’s gotta be someone out there in Europe who is very similar to Diaz/Mané/Jota etc. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

There’s gotta be someone out there in Europe who is very similar to Diaz/Mané/Jota etc. 

only ones  even near that level now and who are even remotely available (and most are impossible for us to pull or have injury issues)

Kylian Mbappé 
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia
Rafael Leão  
Kingsley Coman 
Leroy Sané   
Serge Gnabry 
Mikel Oyarzabal (coming off a massive injury)
Federico Chiesa  (coming off a massive injury)
Ansu Fati  (coming off a long series of massive injuries)

41 minutes ago, Tomo said:

One goal and all of a sudden 3 years of next to nothing is forgiven and forgotten, really? 

Then the next arguments what about post lockdown for 10 games….

Pulisic might do ok for Milan but wouldn’t expect him to go and kick on to another level. Or take Milan to another level.

He could have been better if he was aboe to manage his fitness and more consistent in his play but he blows hold and cold too much and is never ever fully fit. 

On 20/08/2023 at 23:04, mkh said:

We definitely need a goal scorer.
Unfortunately, there is nothing on the market
Oshimen is not too 
expensive.
Muani goes to PSG
That only leaves Vlahovic, David and Toney who is still suspended until January Chelsea don't have the time until Toney gets match practice again until Feb-March 24.
Also the wingers that are linked with us Doku,Pino produce too little in front of goal.
Barcola is also as good as going to Psg and Kudus is going to West Ham.

We are not being linked with N.Williams.

Hmmm

for what it is worth, you left off Lautaro Martínez (not that he is coming here now)

David is the best bet if Kolo Nuani does fo to PSG (likey)

Toney really fucked up with his gambling

and neither Barcola nor Kudus are done deals at all atm

we so need to buy BOTH

Jhon Córdoba  (30yo stop-gap) would be a good move

ad no, I do not (not saying you will do it) want to hear about how impossible it is to buy from a Russian club

multiple teams are doing so right in front of our face

4fb7255678973cc10160ac0542d42d4a.png

Galatasaray an Jhon Córdoba dran – Ex-Bundesliga-Stürmer offen für Wechsel  | Transfermarkt

14 hours ago, lluubbeenn said:

I really don't rate any player, who is even remotely on the market(realistic) and can come and improve us. There are a lot of gambles out there, but no sure things. Especially after the Caicedo debut I am reluctant to recommend a sub 25yo player. 

I would bet on the current squad until January. There are soo many new players we really cant analyze where exactly should we improve. Another GK is a must this window though.   

Kudus

madness we are not snapping him up

11 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That's a great shout. 

except Pedro Gonçalves is yet another right footed LWer

we need a lefty (Kudus can play so many positions and is a scorer) or a at least a righty who plays mostly on the RW (Barcola or Nico Williams)

Someone who can play in tight spaces and has excellent technique to execute precise passes and take shots would be brilliant for our team, especially since we'll likely have many games with a lot of possession. Imagining players like Grealish or James Madison would be great (or atleast very interesting) to play in our squad.

But are there no players like that realistic in the market anymore?
Has the Bernardo Silva rumor also faded away? He's likely to stay at City now, right?

And now our transfer rumors revolve around young and young player again,
some of them maybe highly talented but really unproven

Edited by dimmas

6 hours ago, mkh said:

Djordje Petrović to Chelsea, here we go! Verbal agreement in place with New England Revolution on €16m deal 🚨🔵🇷🇸 #CFC

Medical tests booked on Wednesday

I admit I know very little about him

MLS I do not follow for shit

He as only rated around £3m on T-Markt

great size (1.94m) and young (23, turns 24 in October)

New England Revolution goalkeeper Djordje Petrovic has his eyes on the  Champions League - The Bent Musket

Chelsea in talks with New England Revolution for goalkeeper Djordje Petrović  — reports - We Ain't Got No History

MLS is a different sport. Messi dribbles past players as if they were cones... like he's back to 25yo all of the sudden.

Even the speed and power of shots between MLS and the top leagues would be very different for a goalie.

Regarding the striker, I'd prefer a 3rd option from a big club in a strong league.

Kudus is too much of the same--even if a good thing longer term. We need something different right now. One, preferable two, ready players who won't think twice about being at a big club or strong league. Look for composure above all else.

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Just saw Balogun is American. Can't think of another reason why club wants him. After Adams deal collapsed they go for someone else. And he end up in Bournemouth just to show you where is their level. 

Balogun was born in New York City, and emigrated to England when he was two years old, born to Nigerian parents

is not really a yank

other than their crazy birthright citizenship bollocks (millions of anchor babies born to illegal aliens there, so they can scam the system and chain migrate the rest of the illegal family, lololol, I sound like a fucking RWer, but living here in Sweden has driven me to be hardcore on shit immigration schemes!!!)

and this (a big one)

On May 16, 2023, FIFA approved Balogun's application for a switch to represent the United States national team.

12 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

We need something different right now. One, preferable two, ready players who won't think twice about being at a big club or strong league. Look for composure above all else.

names?

not having a go but I see so many posts from people that describe a type of player but offer nothing