Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

33 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

If getting a good CM was that easy, we should have had our signings completed by now.

Also, a good CM can turn into a match-winner or game changer with their influence in midfield (just look at Casemiro for United, Rodri for City, even Kante at the peak of his powers).  

Never said that it was easy, but easier. Also far less expensive... the top attacking players are mostly unattainably expensive. I've also said "good" CMs, not "the very best."

Casemiro for Real Madrid you mean. Casemiro had plenty of support of amazing attacking players in all the silverware they've got. City has been collecting silverware well before Rodri. Yes, these players can give you the stability and improve your chances esp in CL, but you still need your match-winners to score in those tight games, which is why they went all-in for haaland; reckon they'd not even be in the final without him.

Kante was indeed amazing, but once again, it was Mbappe scoring that put France over the line. Every WC champion will have a very special attacking player in the starting XI... not so much CM.

I'm not even going into our CL title because that seems to be a can of worms because of the players who left. 😅

Edited by robsblubot

59 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

If his father didn't play for them in the past, Haaland wouldn't be at City right now. 

Bellingham turned them down in favor of Real Madrid. 

Non sequitur, sorry.

There is no linear proof of the 2nd positing actually confirming the first.

21 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I went to sleep last night Caicedo was on his way to Liverpool. I hope to wake up for the Arsenal game to hear he is a Blue!

that's your own fault; you are clearly in "the wrong timezone" 😃

(so am I, btw) 😉

Edited by robsblubot

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

Man, I’m not even paying attention to the Lavia stuff at this moment. I just want confirmation that we’ve bid again for Caicedo and have been given the green light by Brighton.

Lavia afterwards would be the super bonus on top. Get Caicedo sorted first!

and Kudus

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

VVD is a working system away from returning to some sort of form

a good partner away

I would not want any of these

1e6bacc3a61622432e57b74a52e7fce7.png (pretty overrated IMHO, barring some out-of-the-blue major breakthrough in form)

46fb0eef16a3e40921840f61f35dcd44.png

on our squad

(other than maybe the ageing but good for one more season Matip as a one year stop-gap backup IF we sell Trevoh and (as is likely) buy no replacement this window)

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

Tyler is superb when he plays for USA national team (but Pulisic also is).
Could it be though that we are underestimating him because of the overall predicament of Leeds ?

Have a feeling we will still get adsms and caicedo

Adams deal is all signed but we just putting up a smokescreen to scare liverpool regarding lavia

Out!  5.0

update

8 or 9 to go

IF we buy another CF I am all down to sell Broja

Faustino Anjorin is off the list as he is staying (loan)

Saudis are deffo in the mix to sell to for some of these

Edouard Mendy 
Kalidou Koulibaly 
Marc Cucurella  
César Azpilicueta  
Conor Gallagher
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Mason Mount 
Christian Pulisic 
Hakim Ziyech 
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Raheem Sterling
Trevoh Chalobah

—    DF    Wales WAL    Ethan Ampadu (at Spezia until 30 June 2023)
—    DF    Ghana GHA    Baba Rahman (at Reading until 30 June 2023)
—    DF    France FRA    Malang Sarr (at Monaco until 30 June 2023)
—    DF    England ENG    Dujon Sterling (at Stoke City until 30 June 2023)
—    MF    France FRA    Tiémoué Bakayoko (at AC Milan until 30 June 2023)
—    FW    England ENG    Callum Hudson-Odoi (at Bayer Leverkusen until 30 June 2023)
—    FW    Belgium BEL    Romelu Lukaku (at Inter Milan until 30 June 2023)

plus

now also gone

Kai
Kova
Kante
Denis Zakaria
João Félix

21 hours ago, shrenshah said:

He wont, get over it guys...not the end of the world

Club was doing the right thing offering 80-90mn odd on the higher side, he aint worth anything near 110mn (Its a massive overpay). He was the best option available but thats about it.

I wouldnt buy another makeshift DM right now, we should wait for the right oppurtunity/player (Someone like a Tchouameni might just become available later).

Also we need to stop transactions with Brighton with immediate effect, they got their way cause of silly Liverpool.

I knew a little something... He will 100% play for us

A relatively simple explanation because many have asked: Chelsea need something like £450m profit (could even be more) from 22/23 and 23/24 player trading to balance the allowable trading loss over the last 3 years (conservatively). I reckon they did around £100m player trading profit in 22/23 with around another £75m so far from Mount, Pulisic, PEA, Livermento sell on profit and Ampadu.

Amortisation rises when you buy and does not fall if you sell a youth player for a pure profit. 

So Caciedo, Lavia and Olise will add not only, say, £35m of amortisation in 23/24 but also, say, £25m of wages. 

That’s more than the likely trading profit of selling Gallagher and Hudson Odoi although assume maybe £12.5m wage saving. But they needed that for the existing deficit before Caciedo etc.

This leaves Chalabah and Broja as profit opportunities. Most of the rest are at best neutral in terms of profits - Ziyech could lose quite a lot, Kepa neutral, Cucurella has a book value so high he can’t be sold for profit, Sterling the same. 

So they are many £10s of millions short of break even under PL P&S in 23/24 even if they managed to just about comply in 22/23 (which I’m skeptical about too).

25 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

A relatively simple explanation because many have asked: Chelsea need something like £450m profit (could even be more) from 22/23 and 23/24 player trading to balance the allowable trading loss over the last 3 years (conservatively). I reckon they did around £100m player trading profit in 22/23 with around another £75m so far from Mount, Pulisic, PEA, Livermento sell on profit and Ampadu.

Amortisation rises when you buy and does not fall if you sell a youth player for a pure profit. 

So Caciedo, Lavia and Olise will add not only, say, £35m of amortisation in 23/24 but also, say, £25m of wages. 

That’s more than the likely trading profit of selling Gallagher and Hudson Odoi although assume maybe £12.5m wage saving. But they needed that for the existing deficit before Caciedo etc.

This leaves Chalabah and Broja as profit opportunities. Most of the rest are at best neutral in terms of profits - Ziyech could lose quite a lot, Kepa neutral, Cucurella has a book value so high he can’t be sold for profit, Sterling the same. 

So they are many £10s of millions short of break even under PL P&S in 23/24 even if they managed to just about comply in 22/23 (which I’m skeptical about too).

So what are you saying?? We are fucked?