Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

What I'm genuinely concerned about is where will thus deal leave us in terms of FFP? Surely this is going to leave us in the negitive? Don't we need another attacking player too? Is that possible now?

17 minutes ago, DDA said:

He was a middle of the road signing. He would have made a fantastic squad player.. but he is and will never be good enough to become a main stay in the team. Its a far better decision to cancel bringing him in and add those funds to Caicedo who will be a main stay for the next 5 plus years.

I can understand why people would have been underwhelmed had he been the Caicedo alternative but in isolation I felt he would have been a smart signing (similar to when Liverpool took advantage of Newcastle's relegation to sign Wijnaldium).

5 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

[Paul Joyce] Moisés Caicedo: Chelsea ready to beat Liverpool’s £111m bid

I wonder whether there is some hard, upper limit or the board is getting just as carried away as fans and we will end up paying like 120+ million for a player we considered not worth 80.

Potential yeah sure, but likes of Werner were also looking very good. Meanwhile astronomical pricetags rarely help young players to step up their game tbh.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

What I'm genuinely concerned about is where will thus deal leave us in terms of FFP? Surely this is going to leave us in the negitive? Don't we need another attacking player too? Is that possible now?

We are third last in net spending for 23/24. -38 million pounds if I remember correctly. 

Not only that - our wage structure has gotten a lot better. Most of the big earners all gone. We are fine. 

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

after all of this, caicedo better be a second coming of kante, or we are in a trouble.

Cannot wait for the same people complaining we didn't get him flip the script and say the ownership sucks and got baited to spend 100 mil. 

You can never please some fans, and thats the honest truth. They always act like they were right, even with evidence in writing on here saying otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

From Dave OKOP

Caicedo will happily join Liverpool if they remain highest bidder- he has given Chelsea preference out of respect as they have negotiated longer. If Chelsea match LFC bid he will sign for Chelsea

Sounds like bullshit to me

This whole story very weird..

Liverpool has been bidding for Lavia all summer. bargaining on 1-2 million pounds.. Now suddenly they bid 110 for Caicedo? They had to request for loan to buy Szoboszlai.

And what about Lavia? Suddenly both teams forgot? 

And why Caicedo reject heavily to join Liverpool and only want Chelsea? (not that I mind, just weird).

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

Liverpool has been bidding for Lavia all summer. bargaining on 1-2 million pounds.. Now suddenly they bid 110 for Caicedo? They had to request for loan to buy Szoboszlai.

And why Caicedo reject heavily to join Liverpool and only want Chelsea? (not that I mind, just weird).

Yeah if you put it like that it smells fishy. But would be quite a risky play if all they wanted to do is bring the price up for us.

Btw also think Adams would have been a smart low-risk signing. 111m for Caicedo is still worse than  insane. Rather pay 50m for Laiva and 20 for Adams.

6 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Klopp said 7 years ago when 100m transfers became reality he will retire. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

If Boehly and Eghbali are taking over in negotiation, then wtf is the point of the people you have in charge? 

Maybe because they are there to always try to get low deals. Since they came from lower team remember? Is good and all. We can always get Egh to get our back when the tough get going. 

Edited by Fernando