Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

20 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Jackson, Broja, Vlahovic...

Too many players....

Broja’s very much someone who has yet to fully convince he could be a regular for a club of our ambition though if I am honest.

Jackson looks a much more refined player despite still being raw in certain aspects in comparison too.

Different profiles of players but would think Vlahovic would probably end Broja’s chances of being regular here. Although it could still be argued that having the 3 of them could still leave us light upfront as all are relatively young and inexperienced. Who knows though - could be a good move.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Broja’s very much someone who has yet to fully convince he could be a regular for a club of our ambition though if I am honest.

Jackson looks a much more refined player despite still being raw in certain aspects in comparison too.

Different profiles of players but would think Vlahovic would probably end Broja’s chances of being regular here. Although it could still be argued that having the 3 of them could still leave us light upfront as all are relatively young and inexperienced. Who knows though - could be a good move.

with a season without UCL, its harsh to have 3 forwards beside nkunku that can play as a 9 

even in our midfielder, we have too many youngster 

with a season with less games, its too much, to be honest

23 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm guessing Broja doesn't exist in this "world"?

I want you to sell me Broja in a paragraph.

stating why he should be here and how many games he starts with Jackson already here

Surely Broja will go on loan - and that is exactly what he needs after this injury. It doesnt make sense to have him in the team and give him a few minutes, not at his age. Loan him, see how he does and evaluate the situation in a year. 

Edited by Gundalf

Vlahovic is on 11m wages tho and Juves top earner. If we match that he would be our 3rd highest earner. I hope we can reduce that salary. Its a lot of money for a poor mans Jackson sitting on the bench. 

4 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Surely Broja will go on loan - and that is exactly what he needs after this injury. It doesnt make sense to have him in the team and give him a few minutes, not at his age. Loan him, see how he does and evaluate the situation in a year. 

loan and after that probably will be sold 

1 minute ago, Gundalf said:

image.png.43e9fe6dcd0261a72b37f8a3ae2b9f79.png

😭😭😭

Different league, different spoken language, different opposition, and most importantly: one playedfor a big club against smaller tighter compact defenses, often with a low block, while the other played for a smaller club and for that reason had more space for counters.

I haven't seen enough of either player, again friendlies are training sessions -- aside from Jackson's horrible miss yesterday, he looks like a good player. If I had to put money on which would be able to provide an immediate impact, I know where my money would go.

I mean it would be in fitting with the "two quality players per position" approach, 22 man squad etc - he is way better than Broja lets be real, Broja's ceiling is below Vlahovic's bottom level probably.

Of the many downsides, his injury record is not great, his salary is way too high compared to the reality of his level (and doubt he wants to take a paycut?). Juve have to be looking at losing big on this guy after spending big on him and him flopping this year - we should not be bailing them out. He can play only one position which these days we have almost no players like this, what use will he be when NJ is in form through the middle? Sub for last 4 mins? He is also surprisingly shit scoring with his head, ok not a big part of Poch-ball but still, at 190cm and athletic as he is, he should have learnt to be a beast in the air. And lastly and arguably most worrying, he doesn't know how to press or is too lazy to press. We'd be taking a gamble on Poch developing the hell out of the kid and his injury record clearing up, and a bit of confidence coming back to him to bring him back to the level he was at before - and we've rarely done well gambling on that before.

On the plus sides, even in his terrible season he out performed Hojlund for goals and assists I think. It is also reasonably likely a large part of his fall from grace is down to Allegri and his jihadi-ball tactics, as the Juve fans call it. He is a world class finisher, and would probably be the player we would want the ball to fall to in the box over any of our current crop. He is a decent target man for the rest of the lads to play off of, when he's in form. And of course, it gets Lukaku the fuck out of here.

In general feels like a Roman era signing and all in all a bit weird? I guess I am on balance in favour if it is something like Lukaku out for €45m and Vlahovic in for €55m - the strikers market IS crazy, after all, and the club can only pull off so many NJ's.