Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Oh, wow. I kinda take back what I said then. I didn’t realize he was 30+. For some reason I thought he was still like 27-28. 🤣

Maybe bc he still looks like 20 😂

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

How the hell Piazon got work permit? 

Nothing against this business model, what I'm moaning about is that building for future is fine to do along other transfers, but hoarding raw or very raw talents/"talents" for future is nowhere the equal replacement of building the squad for the season that starts in few weeks and it's being kinda mixed up with each other under new ownership… 

Edited by Vegetable

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Nothing different to what the PL have done (and are still doing) to other leagues for years.

We can't moan now a bigger fish has arrived.

Still don't know how much, if anything, of a scam this project is, but they are, so far, pretty much like the MLS, Chinese and Turkish league somewhat combined. Maybe they will slow down in a window or two, but it's actually interesting - the wipe out of quite established players from big leagues will surely enable existence of talents and moves that wouldn't be possible otherwise, so it's impact on Euro football may not only be monetary.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Verratti to Saudi, WTF?!

At the end of the day. The players are all just workers as we are. And its all about the money. Look at the money mpappe would get. Thats so crazy. But the good players go where the money is. Why would anybody go to PSG?? Just because of the fkn money. Its ezy as that.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Verratti is the first top class player who’s still in their prime to go there. That one has to be worrying for the sport. Old, past it former stars going there in their mid 30’s is nothing or players who flamed out at big clubs. But if they start splashing silly money and enticing genuine, currently world class players to go there then it could seriously harm the ability of big clubs in the market.

A number of the recent signings aren't exactly past it - SMS, Fofana, Malcom (coming off his recent season), and Neves, to name a few. If the Saudi clubs continue at this rate, the league standard will probably be higher than most in Europe by 2025.

41 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Nothing different to what the PL have done (and are still doing) to other leagues for years.

We can't moan now a bigger fish has arrived.

I'm not too sure. Part of the attraction for a lot of players was, moving to London whilst earning and unbelievable amount of money. It offers a fantastic opportunities. Apart from some of the pious Muslim players, I'm not sure that many of them are moving to Saudi for their lifestyle. 

3 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

I'm not too sure. Part of the attraction for a lot of players was, moving to London whilst earning and unbelievable amount of money. It offers a fantastic opportunities. Apart from some of the pious Muslim players, I'm not sure that many of them are moving to Saudi for their lifestyle. 

There's a big example for me from even this summer, Sandro Tonali, boyhood AC Milan fan in his club living his dream he probably fantasised daily about as a child gave it up for a new life in North East England.

The pay packet even the shitter teams in England can offer is convincing players and managers to join teams/clubs well well below their level (Emery, Conte).

Europe is going to have to fight back at some point which only means one thing, a super league back on the menu (not that the PL isn't one in all but name anyway).

6 minutes ago, Stats said:

Why do you hate him so much? He is far from a shocking footballer. He was average in a shocking team last season.

A shocking footballer does not have the season he did at Palace where he nearly touched double figures. He put in top performances for Palace, contributed to their win at their Etihad against the best team in the world. I remember he put in two MOTM performances against Arsenal that season. Name me one player who was not poor last season.

Give him a chance. We have lost so many CM and not bought one. So makes logic to sell another one who is full England international right?

He has proven himself that he can perform at a very good level in the PL and has the addition of English tax. Well in our rights to ask for £50m.

Remember this when we sell him for chump change like CHo in a few years 

he has no qualities other than work rate , slow , can’t dribble , terrible passing , all over the place positionally , rash in the tackle , never gets his head up , barely scores . You don’t turn down 40m for dross like this 

Just now, lucio said:

Remember this when we sell him for chump change like CHo in a few years 

he has no qualities other than work rate , slow , can’t dribble , terrible passing , all over the place positionally , rash in the tackle , never gets his head up , barely scores . You don’t turn down 40m for dross like this 

Please explain? He scored 8 goals for Palace in the league. He is still only 23? That doesn't add up. You would need to see him play a full season in his best position. Last season he played all over the place. RWB, CM, CAM....

Terrible British newspaper (yes I know I know) reporting United bid £50m for Hojlund but likely £60m gets it done, just wanted to say that I’d be disappointed if he went for £60m after the quotes were £80-85m if I recall when a blue club over West London were, reportedly, interested. £60m I would definitely take a punt.