Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

we need to go for 100M sadly 

I will be disgusted if that happens. If we were willing to go there, we should have done it already and given him a proper preseason with us. That would be ultimate shameful panic that would prove our staff don't know what they're doing. I don't believe it will happen.

45 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Every other rival manager getting their top targets in and getting them in early 

City want Gvardiol, are no where near getting him.

United want Hojlund, are nowhere near getting him.

Liverpool want Lavia, likewise.

And I won't even get into Spurs.

19 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Yeah, I assume Lavia and Liverpool have actually had an agreement for a while which is why no one else ended up going for him. Painful we've not got someone in by now.

I reckon we should just get Amadou Onana, he is versatile AF and a big beast of a man, and likely to be vastly more sensibly priced. Even if we get Caicedo later, a midfield of Enzo, Caicedo, Onana and Santos would be a really good mix, and getting him (or someone similar) sorted takes us from a position of weakness to a position of strength in these negotiations so we can let this run til deadline day if needed.

There’s a reason the likes of Caicedo, Rice, and Lavia have had every big club super keen to sign them whilst nobody is seriously after Onana. He’s not a top player. I’d be extremely let down if we had to settle for him. He’s physically impressive and a nice player but he doesn’t take our team up a level, imo. Caicedo would make our midfield world class. As would Barella.

We need someone awesome not someone merely okay.

32 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ourselves and Liverpool both entered the window needing complete midfield rebuilds. They’re on the verge of signing their THIRD one whilst we haven’t signed any. Brilliant…

There's nothing to suggest Liverpool are any closer to a breakthrough with Lavia than we are Caicedo.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

City want Gvardiol, are no where near getting him.

United want Hojlund, are nowhere near getting him.

Liverpool want Lavia, likewise.

And I won't even get into Spurs.

I meant specifically in midfield.

-Liverpool moved for Mac Allister super quickly having already laid the groundwork for him before the window opened just like what we did with Caicedo. They also went from linked with Szoboslai to having him holding up a Liverpool shirt within days.

-City identified Kova as the Gündogan replacement and signed him super early. 

-Arse had Rice identified months ago as their top target (like we did with Caicedo) and have got him in on time to play a full preseason to gel with his new teammates. Signed Havertz early as well.

-United got their top midfield target Mount in early to play a full preseason.

Perhaps with the exception of Liverpool, we needed a midfield overhaul more than any of those clubs and we haven’t done anything.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

There’s a reason the likes of Caicedo, Rice, and Lavia have had every big club super keen to sign them whilst nobody is seriously after Onana. He’s not a top player. I’d be extremely let down if we had to settle for him. He’s physically impressive and a nice player but he doesn’t take our team up a level, imo. Caicedo would make our midfield world class. As would Barella.

We need someone awesome not someone merely okay.

Onana would absolutely lift our team levels, because he is a serious premier league quality DM who fills a hole for us. I do not think we should subsequently NOT sign Caicedo, if it can be done for sensible money. But Onana would bring something totally different to our midfield that we need, is affordable and versatile.

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

Onana would absolutely lift our team levels, because he is a serious premier league quality DM who fills a hole for us. I do not think we should subsequently NOT sign Caicedo, if it can be done for sensible money. But Onana would bring something totally different to our midfield that we need, is affordable and versatile.

with a season without ucl its really necessary buy another midfielder besides caicedo or something else? 

we already have a lot of talent in midfielder 

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

with a season without ucl its really necessary buy another midfielder besides caicedo or something else? 

we already have a lot of talent in midfielder 

We have sold a lot of it though, and Gallagher out next. Personally I think several of the kids need good loans (Chuk, Hall, Casadei) and Santos is the one who looks ready to perhaps stay with the squad. That gives us Enzo and Santos currently, and some youth that might break in if they do well on loan at a top flight club - but next year. And some possibilities for people like Reese to play there too. Personally I’d like to add some height, power and pace in DM to 1. Balance Enzo and 2. Cover Thiago.

The main advantage of Caicedo is that if Enzo gets injured or rested, Caicedo can fill his role. Without Caicedo we have big dependency on Enzo and our quality will drop noticeably without him. 

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

We have sold a lot of it though, and Gallagher out next. Personally I think several of the kids need good loans (Chuk, Hall, Casadei) and Santos is the one who looks ready to perhaps stay with the squad. That gives us Enzo and Santos currently, and some youth that might break in if they do well on loan at a top flight club - but next year. And some possibilities for people like Reese to play there too. Personally I’d like to add some height, power and pace in DM to 1. Balance Enzo and 2. Cover Thiago.

The main advantage of Caicedo is that if Enzo gets injured or rested, Caicedo can fill his role. Without Caicedo we have big dependency on Enzo and our quality will drop noticeably without him. 

the problem is that if we buy 2 midfielders, next season we will be overload in this area again 

caicedo (?), enzo, another buy (?), chuk, casadei and santos

its too much

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

the problem is that if we buy 2 midfielders, next season we will be overload in this area again 

caicedo (?), enzo, another buy (?), chuk, casadei and santos

its too much

Would imagine we would loan or sell several of the kids, very unlikely they make it at Chelsea, as we know from many years of experience

2 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Would imagine we would loan or sell several of the kids, very unlikely they make it at Chelsea, as we know from many years of experience

another problem is that they are all young so there is no perspective of sell

they need to play to development 

besids chuk, that I still don't rate highly, I think casadei and santos have good futures but they need to play, ofc

4 minutes ago, Mário César said:

another problem is that they are all young so there is no perspective of sell

they need to play to development 

besids chuk, that I still don't rate highly, I think casadei and santos have good futures but they need to play, ofc

I meant in a years time we may loan or sell them, this year they should all go on loan except for Santos imo. A good loan in PL or any top flight league, hell even the Championship, is what they need for next year. We should just think to try to put these players in clubs where the style of football is the style we want them to develop with. Clubs managed by ex-Pep players, like Burnley, or ofc our satellite clubs.

If we get Caceido and get rid of Gallagher - I think keeping Santos and Casadei in the team to grow is perfect. Both look good enough to fill minutes IMO. You have Reece who can slot into DMF as well. 

Kudus comes in - and you have the CAM position locked up with him and Nkunku, and also Mudryk who can rotate into there. 

ST - Jackson, Broja, Nkunku

LW - Mudryk, Sterling, Maatsen

RW - Madueke, Kudus, Ziyech

CAM - Nkunku, Kudus, Mudryk

CM - Enzo, Caceido, Casadei, Santos

There is enough there. 

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

Yeah, I assume Lavia and Liverpool have actually had an agreement for a while which is why no one else ended up going for him.

Exactly. He just waited for Pool to get some money in.