Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

35 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The fuck are we doing. Seriously. 

3 weeks to go. 

your maths are off

40 days to go (counting today)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12893159/summer-transfer-window-2023-when-does-it-open-and-close-dates-deadline-day-how-to-follow-with-sky-sports

The summer transfer window opens on Wednesday June 14 and will close at 11pm on Friday September 1

Edited by Vesper

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

your maths are off

40 days to go (counting today)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12893159/summer-transfer-window-2023-when-does-it-open-and-close-dates-deadline-day-how-to-follow-with-sky-sports

The summer transfer window opens on Wednesday June 14 and will close at 11pm on Friday September 1

I meant Liverpool. 

42 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i am actually amazed that there are people who would not want mbappe here. madness 😄

I obviously rate Mbappe

I think he the best or co-best player on the planet (along with Håland) by miles atm

BUT

he would only be here for a few years max and would likely fuck up our books with FFP IF we also add other players (players we so so so need atm)

I would much prefer to lever away Tchou (and hopefully even Valverde) from Real in exchange for funding their transfer fee for Mbappe

Edited by Vesper

Mbappe would obviously be amazing (willing to believe his problem behaviour is genuinely down to PSG being insane) but I just can't bring myself to get onboard with us having 1 player making so much more than the rest of the squad, if it were feasible he could play here at 400k-500k a week I'd be down for it but the lad will be after millions per week not hundreds of thousands. 

A one year loan deal just to give him a home before he goes to Madrid feels like the only VAGUELY possible scenario, which still feels extraordinarily unlikely.

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I obviously rate Mbappe

I think he the best or co-best player on the planet (along with Håland) by miles atm

BUT

he would only be here for a few years max and would likely fuck up our books with FFP IF we also add other players (players we so so so need atm)

I would much prefer to lever away Tchou (and hopefully even Valverde) from Real in exchange for funding their transfer fee for Mbappe

ye if cant be here for at least 5 years we dont want him 🙄

when did we became so big and entitled that we are saying no to 1 or 2 years to one of the best players of this generation. 

1 minute ago, whats happening said:

when did we became so big and entitled that we are saying no to 1 or 2 years to one of the best players of this generation. 

We're not a feeder club here to facilitate other people's moves. Signing Mbappe for a year as a stopgap for him is embarrassing and has nothing to do with us "being entitled".  

If he wants to play a few years here before following Hazard's route, we'd be extremely fortunate. 

22 minutes ago, whats happening said:

Right, so we put a 250+ million offer down just to get psg to accept it, then pay him 2 million a week for him to twerk for real Madrid 12 months later? And you think that's a good idea?