Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Matt Law has reported that Lukaku will miss the return date to Cobham as he's holding out for the Inter move.

Absolute cancer

Isn't it a good thing he stays away? If he's been told to report back and start training and he still refuses to come, the club can dock his wages till a move is settled.

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

Isn't it a good thing he stays away? If he's been told to report back and start training and he still refuses to come, the club can dock his wages till a move is settled.

1000% its a good thing

Yes, definitely a good thing for him not to show up. I wonder if he pushes it far enough if we can fire him and sue him for his transfer fee back, like we did with Mutu? That would give me an intense pleasure, but I guess would be impossible for some reason. It is exactly what he deserves after his behaviour.

54 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

No I'm not and if you can provide where I said that let's go- I'm telling you now what will happen Jackson will get his chance and fail and by the time the season starts Poch and the board will be flapping like chickens and panicking like fuck because he isn't doing what we thought he could. We will then go all out and rush to bring that other donkey Vlahovic and Jackson will relegated to the bench and sit and produce cameo appearances. 

Quote this, bookmark it because I'm dying to proven wrong here but I'm telling you now this is very close to how it will go.

who do you want as our CF?

this is pretty much every single one seriously discussed (plus two 32yos at the end)

Osimhen?

Kane?

Julián Álvarez?

Lautaro?

Kolo Muani?

Rasmus Højlund?

Dusan Vlahovic?

Gonçalo Ramos?

Jonathan David?

Patrik Schick?

Benjamin Sesko?   

Evanilson?

Ollie Watkins?  

Evan Ferguson?  

Youssoufa Moukoko? 

Aleksandar Mitrović?

Gift Orban? 

Hugo Ekitiké?  

Youssef En-Nesyri?

Santiago Gimenez?

Noah Okafor?

Marcos Leonardo?

Duván Zapata?

Luis Muriel?

or

wait until January to buy Ivan Toney?

Edited by Vesper

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

It will 100% happen and he will be back at Inter- it's just ideal for all parties

then we should be POUNDING for a swap, Donkeykaku + cash (say 50m euros) deal for Barella (IF we do not think Caicedo is going to happen, as I cannot see buying them BOTH)

Edited by Vesper

44 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, Jackson done well in Spanish League, but for a very short period of time. We've seen such bursts by our "shit players" as well. I'm very curious of this guy and hope he will do well, but I'm afraid he may be upgraded version of Tammy more than reincarnation of Drogba. Hope to be wrong though.  

Upgraded version of Tammy sounds awesome tho. Tammy has a ton of great attributes like pace, height, strength, powerful shot. But lacks body control clinical streak and first touch. If NJ is good at those he is pretty much a complete striker. He already has shown he has dribbling ability and eye for teammate over Tammy. I am usually rather critical of most of our signings but strangely have a good feeling about this one. 

The problem with the striker market is that it just looks so poor currently. I don't think there is anywhere near the same volume of top tier strikers as there was in the last generation 5-10 years ago.

If there was someone who felt a 'surefire' thing, like Harry Kane for example, I'd say go for it. But with regards to realistic transfers, that just doesn't appear to be there.

Kolo Muani looks a good player but I wouldn't be betting on him to take up the mantle of the club's main source of goals. Vlahovic has been poor since his move to Juventus, yet they're expecting to at least get their money back for him. The fees being quoted for these two and others is just obscene, and hugely high risk if they don't pay off.

In my opinion, Nkunku is a more proven player and goal scorer than either of the above or anyone else realistic on the market. We need to set up in the right way to maximise his talents (in my opinion having him play alongside or just behind a striker), but he should be the marquee attacker this summer. 

If the club has a plan with regards to a striker signing and are confident in it then fine, but it'll be a hugely backwards step spending huge money on a striker this summer if the right one isn't available.

Muani IMO is probs the best option available for Poch-ball, ticks all of the boxes: presses, drops deep to join play and assist, unselfish, from what I can see very nice guy with strong head on his shoulders, also outperforming his xG. I think he would be insane for Nkunku, Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke etc. Just probably also the reality that he is too expensive, if we're splurging £100m on Caicedo. Jonathon David is also an interesting option as he might be like half the price of Muani.

Vlahovic I am only interested if it is in some kind of deal for Lukaku where we kill two birds with one stone, he would have a long term Giroud-esque use in the squad but hard to imagine he could be our main man if we want to win the league in next years.

Edited by Mhsc

10 minutes ago, Superblue said:

The problem with the striker market is that it just looks so poor currently. I don't think there is anywhere near the same volume of top tier strikers as there was in the last generation 5-10 years ago.

If there was someone who felt a 'surefire' thing, like Harry Kane for example, I'd say go for it. But with regards to realistic transfers, that just doesn't appear to be there.

Kolo Muani looks a good player but I wouldn't be betting on him to take up the mantle of the club's main source of goals. Vlahovic has been poor since his move to Juventus, yet they're expecting to at least get their money back for him. The fees being quoted for these two and others is just obscene, and hugely high risk if they don't pay off.

In my opinion, Nkunku is a more proven player and goal scorer than either of the above or anyone else realistic on the market. We need to set up in the right way to maximise his talents (in my opinion having him play alongside or just behind a striker), but he should be the marquee attacker this summer. 

If the club has a plan with regards to a striker signing and are confident in it then fine, but it'll be a hugely backwards step spending huge money on a striker this summer if the right one isn't available.

And to think every club just let City walk into the transfer market and pick up not one but two top class finishers on the cheap!

5 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Muani IMO is probs the best option available for Poch-ball, ticks all of the boxes: presses, drops deep to join play and assist, unselfish, from what I can see very nice guy with strong head on his shoulders, also outperforming his xG. Just probably also the reality that he is too expensive, if we're splurging £100m on Caicedo. Jonathon David is also an interesting option as he might be like half the price of Muani.

Vlahovic I am only interested if it is in some kind of deal for Lukaku where we kill two birds with one stone, he would have a long term Giroud-esque use in the squad but hard to imagine he could be our main man if we want to win the league in next years.

David is an interesting option but I don't think he's a huge upgrade on young Jackson who we've signed from La Liga. 

If we're looking for a short term option, I wouldn't mind getting Ben Yedder from Monaco, still a very good finisher in front of goal. 

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Lukaku date set for arrival at Cobham moved to next Monday July 17th hope and expectation that the deal will be done by then to Inter

Moved? Is that the "ending of player power" that was talked for entire season? Fine him week's wages for every day he is not here and let him self finance the tiny part of his move this way. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He’s already shown a lot of great attributes but also needs the right partner to give him a bit more of a freer role. 

Its only been 6 months but it does look like it will become a very good investment in the long run if he can keep kicking on and performing as he has been. Would of been sickening seeing him elsewhere.

Still without the release clause, he’d maybe of cost half as much. Or £60-70m at a push. Thats the reality of it. Argentina winning the World Cup with him being a regular fixture didn’t help either. Market is inflated though but even then I think paying a combined £200m for him and Caicedo (if we get him) is still be pretty extreme. Caicedo is never a £100m midfielder - ever. Although a good player.

Mental to think though that £100m+ transfers like Enzo, Rice, Grealish and Caicedo probably wouldn’t even be £50m 10 years ago.

Caicedo is basically Kante and we got him for £30m Brighton request is a gross overstatement of his abilities 

2 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Moved? Is that the "ending of player power" that was talked for entire season? Fine him week's wages for every day he is not here and let him self finance the tiny part of his move this way. 

Keeps him away from being cancerous around the team is how I'm seeing it, giving all parties time to sort the deal out