Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Isn't the Valencia keeper being linked to Bayern?   We can't compete with them

We'll probably end up with Raya on deadline day for 25 million or something along those lines

There's also Yann Sommer in the market. In case club is looking at backup while they evaluate Slonina

2 hours ago, shrenshah said:

Cucu hate is warranted based on last season

Cucurella hate is based on the transfer fee paid for an average player.   If we had signed Cucurella for 25-30 million (like what City originally proposed), I wouldn't have cared that much. 

2 hours ago, lucio said:

Cucarella and gallagher are actually awful though 

Not sure why Gallagher gets so much hate.  He's literally what you want for a HG squad player who is actually keen on playing for the club.   

Unlike his buddy Mount who couldn't wait to join Manchester United for an extra 50k a week. 

10 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Cucurella hate is based on the transfer fee paid for an average player.   If we had signed Cucurella for 25-30 million (like what City originally proposed), I wouldn't have cared that much. 

Not sure why Gallagher gets so much hate.  He's literally what you want for a HG squad player who is actually keen on playing for the club.   

Unlike his buddy Mount who couldn't wait to join Manchester United for an extra 50k a week. 

Cucurella as competition to Chilwell was 90% of the forums wet dream when we were linked to him because he had an “amazing season at Brighton” and was their POTY. A year later he should he sold…. He was always going to be over priced (most of players that we have signed under the new ownership have been) but theres a more than decent player there. Mentally he needs to get used to the pressure of when you make a mistake at a big club there is a lot more pressure than at Brighton and that you need to play well to play regularly at a big club. Looks like he was afraid of expressing himself and would crumble at the thought of taking a risk. 

Caicedo if we get him will also be very overpriced but again, is everyone’s wet dream. If he has a poor year it will be the same though - sell him, overrated bla bla bla. I have no doubts he have to make the same adjustments mentally as Cucurella has to, to adjust to high pressure, to have the personality or lack of meaning he will either sink or swim when things are going poorly.

Gallagher & Mount no comparison quality wise. Lets be honest, we would all of rather kept Mount who has shown he can actually be a quality player if he was going to be in and around the squad and not a guaranteed starter (think Poch would of made a huge improvement on him like EtH will) than Gallagher who runs about like a headless chicken and is technically not remotely close to the level required to play regularly for Chelsea and even for England at international level. But Mount plays for United now so its always going to be that narrative now.

@Strike Sommer going Inter for Onana replacement apparently. Almost signed there in January - went Bayern instead.

Edited by OneMoSalah

25 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He played pretty much every game last season , 35 appearances in the league and played v Madrid . Way too much for someone way out of his depth. He can stay and play cup matches at most , if he’s a regular we are in serious trouble 

Actually for me, compare him to chilwell, doesn't mean much

since chilwell also give so many medicore performance, even without last season disaster form

Edited by dimmas

2 minutes ago, dimmas said:

Actually him compare to chilwell doesn't mean much,

since chilwell also give so many medicore performance, even without last season disaster form

Yeah, but never gets the hate Cucu gets tbh. 

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

Gus Poyet was proven WC AMF

Rayan Cherki has a huge way to go to get to that level

Poyet Honours

Real Zaragoza

Copa del Rey: 1993–94
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1994–95

Chelsea

FA Cup: 1999–2000
FA Charity Shield: 2000
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1997–98
UEFA Super Cup: 1998 (Defeated Real Madrid, one of only 2 euro finals they have lost in the last 40 years (since 1983), the other was the 2000 Super Cup, when Galatasaray beat them 2 - 1 on a 102nd minute golden goal by Mário Jardel)

Uruguay

Copa América: 1995

Gosh I'm sorry, i mean dimitry payet.

Cherky style of play reminds me a bit of him. Not quick lightning, but with good vision, gifted technicality, really good of low centre of gravity, football brain, creativity, comfortable with ball on his feet, someone who actually bit slow but if he can keep improving those aspects he still can shine in premier league

Edited by dimmas

39 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Was Cucurella really that bad?

image.png.5909a58fb1a68e8bae9389cd96f8b169.png

He was not and it is not even that relevant. Who wasn't bad last season? It was an impossible task for the new comers. The only players that truly dissapointed me are those who are already at Chelsea beefore last season. Cucurella came from a very settled Brighton team, with a fluid system, to a mess of a team at Chelsea, with managers changing and all that. Not to mention his personal issues.

He got exposed in positions where he wasn't meant to be played. I am 100% sure there is a good player in there and I hope Poch will bring him to surface. 

48 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Was Cucurella really that bad?

image.png.5909a58fb1a68e8bae9389cd96f8b169.png

Both rubbish. Cucarella gets more hate because he was signed during our worst ever season and unlike chilwell he hasn’t won anything with us. Also he looks annoying and makes more big errors 

1 hour ago, dimmas said:

Gosh I'm sorry, i mean dimitry payet.

Cherky style of play reminds me a bit of him. Not quick lightning, but with good vision, gifted technicality, really good of low centre of gravity, football brain, creativity, comfortable with ball on his feet, someone who actually bit slow but if he can keep improving those aspects he still can shine in premier league

all good