Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

It almost feels like we’re in constant contact and negotiation with Inter for various players but we never really hear about us going hard at their players. If the relationship between the clubs is so good why are we not insisting on them? Lautaro, Onana, Barella. We should at least be hearing reports that we’re pushing for Barella.

5 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

This Jackson fella looks like everything kai wasn't, strong, fast, good feet and understands that you put the ball between the posts into the net, something Kai never really grasped.

I really like the look of him too. 

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Inter are skint so they are hoping to fleece all our lost property, Chalobah is off there by the sounds of it.

Gladly the new management seems to understand that you cant do these loans without obligation with these italian clubs

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

United made contact with Onana- cannot believe Kepa is going to be our number 1 as it stands

I don't stress much on GK..

We conceded 47 goals this season(PL), which is not good but pretty much same level as Liverpool, Arsenal or MU. 

38 scored goals are way more pathetic though, so it's much more important to get proper striker and midfielders. Kepa is ok, once the team is complete and we need only GK for perfection(like Liverpool few years ago when they bought Alisson) and someone great is available(or Slonina turns out good) then we can invest in a goallie.. But Kepa as no1 should be fine, 

Don't get me wrong it will be quite tiring being slightly nervous about Kepa in every game all season, but it is just not the priority or even in top 3. We are aiming for at best top 4 next season and Kepa is not going to be the blocker to that. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Nice. Wasn’t too excited about Jackson initially but the more I watch of him on YouTube the more I’m convinced he could be solid. I just wonder if he’s our primary and only striker this summer.

We dont need a solid striker though or someone who could turn into a good one in 3 or 4 years, we currently need somebody who is good enough and ready to go. Obviously has to be the right player but I get the feeling this is another experimental signing.

A bit underwhelming to be honest but lets see he might surprise. Getting 12 goals in La Liga, where players like Joselu scored 16, Iglesias 15, Muriqi 15, Unal 14, Morata & Castellanos 13, Sorloth & Aspas 12 also… its hard to say if its promising or not.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Not sure if he is exactly what we need as a striker, feels like another experiment.

Fully agree.

The squads already heavily populated with young players who “could be” good/top players. Plus with Broja here as well who Poch is keen to use this season by sounds of it, I don’t really get it. Why have 2 young CFs? Both at similar ages who both need to play regularly to kick on?

Unless he is some sort of world class must have player but honestly not sure…. Maybe he will surprise us but 12 goals last season in La Liga is hardly hugely impressive. I suppose its the risk we take.

At least he isn’t a £70-80m signing though. 

Edited by OneMoSalah