Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

30 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Is it me or Saudi mainly targeting Muslim players? Coincidence or not?

I think it more so has to do with the fact that most Muslim players join the league because it fits their ideal lifestyle. Most non-Muslims like Messi for example would rather go to more Western country that fits their lifestyle.

Just now, Azul said:

I think it more so has to do with the fact that most Muslim players join the league because it fits their ideal lifestyle. Most non-Muslims like Messi for example would rather go to more Western country that fits their lifestyle.

I suppose Lukaku declined because there is no way it would be ok for Meg to twerk in Saudi Arabia. 

Wonder how much all these Saudi deals are going to change our incoming transfer plans. There’s no way the club expected to get nice fees for all this “junk” we needed to get rid of. We probably thought we’d have to loan players like Koulibaly and Mendy due to their wages.

So with the unexpected influx of cash I wonder if they’ll attack more ambitious targets that we perhaps couldn’t have before? 

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

As much as I love them bailing us out. It is kind of scary how The Saudis are buying up all the clubs and players... slowly monopolising the sport. 

Not really, they are buying mostly has beens, the Chinese tried it and failed, players want to play in the CL EL etc etc Saudi offers non of that, players will just realise it's an end of career choice.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

As much as I love them bailing us out. It is kind of scary how The Saudis are buying up all the clubs and players... slowly monopolising the sport. 

They’re trying to stick their hands in every sport it seems. Golf, football, F1. I’d be shocked if they don’t try to muscle in on some of our sports leagues here in America. 

I wouldn't be surprised if players like Koulibaly, Mendy or Ziyech will be back in Europe one year from now. 

For now, we know that Koulibaly is going to get us about 22-23m (pounds). I wonder how much they will pay for the others, considering their contract situation. I do not expect us to get more than 10m for Mendy and 7-8m for Ziyech. I hope we get another 3m for Auba, so that would be a total of 45m for all of them, more or less.

It's not much, but I suppose the real W is cleaning the wage bill.

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

image.thumb.png.96ae563b051d64a8e004380697357b62.png

I see a lot of American flags there tbh.

9 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Mendy has a weird career tbh....absolute nobody, worked his way up, became Champions League winner, and becomes a nobody again lol

I actually feel kind of bad about his situation. Was awesome for a season here then went completely off the boil and now gone without much fanfare. From undisputed #1 for the Champions of Europe to essentially retiring to the Saudi league in the span of 2 years.