Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Odegaard is superior. He wont play there. They already have their Mount in ESR. He won't bench Bruno either. And they may go for Kudus. In City wouldn't make bench. Liverpool is closest to Bellingham. U have free agents like Tielemans, Rabiot. Kovacic same situation as Mount but cheaper. Newcastle and Spurs probably best shot. 

Tbf the links to City and United are interesting, United more so because I can actually see him playing there. Then obviously, the big ones, Liverpool and Klopp, makes sense.

Bruno Fernandes has played a lot of big games this season on the right with Weghourst dropping more in the 10 role, Rashford playing upfront and Sancho on the left. Perhaps Mount could feature there centrally as a 10 and Fernandes could also play on the right still? Then allows chance that EtH uses Rashford as an actual 9? Or there is possibly every opportunity that Mount could feature in tandem in that sort of wider right or wider left role like Fernandes has done with another attacking midfielder.

I do think he would definitely play a lot for United as opposed to at City but again, particularly think he will play most weeks at Liverpool under Klopp if they were ro sign him. The United links actually make sense as they haven’t got particularly great squad depth and Mason is definitely someone who if he gets back to how he was playing last season, will be more than a valuable player who can start a lot of games. Could be dangerous actually as Ten Hag could potentially push him on, I mean look at the output and improvements he’s got from players such as Rashford, Sancho, Luke Shaw, even Wan-Bissaka looks like he resembles an alright footballer now. 

City - I don’t see it entirely but if Bernardo Silva were to leave as well as Ilkay Gundogan, if Mason were available for a reasonable price in their eyes, who knows? Although I’d expect them and Liverpool to be wanting Bellingham first and foremost before prioritising any other players.

And really? Tielemans and Rabiot? I’d be pretty confident in saying either won’t be going to big clubs either - or definitely not City, Liverpool or United. Not a chance. Maybe they’ll get a team in the bracket below the top 4 teams in the PL but doubtful. I think in particular United could of signed Tielemans to cover for Eriksen after his injury but instead went for Sabitzer on loan - so for me, that speaks volumes. Sabitzer not a bad player but wouldn’t say he’s a great one.

And no chance we will sell Kovacic this sunmer, surely. Would be a dumb dumb move but after selling Jorginho to Arsenal who knows. Could have easily kept Jorginho to the summer for depth instead of relying on/using Loftus-Cheek in games.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Jude Bellingham

https://caughtoffside.substack.com/i/107571561/jude-bellingham

Yes, Jude Bellingham’s father is speaking to Real Madrid and yes, he has met with the Spanish outfit.

This hasn’t just taken place in London, as has been reported, but also the week before in the Spanish capital. But the important thing is that Jude himself has not yet made a decision and there’s still yet to be talks with Dortmund.

Liverpool are still in the running, though it’s important to note that if Real are serious and the Reds aren't ready to make a good offer soon, it will become an increasingly difficult situation for the latter. Jürgen Klopp has already admitted to himself: When it comes to money, Jude doesn't stand a chance. That all being said, Bellingham isn’t motivated solely by money.

12 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We still looking to buy big if those rumors are true? 

I guess we are wasting the 1.5 billion they was going to spend in the club for the next 10 years? 

CAPEX (ie physical plant, etc) outlays do not count towards FFP 

the £1.5 bn commitment was for CAPEX 

2ee0ac00bd8a39fd28e0736d15433cc8.png

58 minutes ago, Vesper said:

CAPEX (ie physical plant, etc) outlays do not count towards FFP 

the £1.5 bn commitment was for CAPEX 

2ee0ac00bd8a39fd28e0736d15433cc8.png

Thanks for the info. 

What about then we are wasting the money that Roman wiped out? 

Since we owed some money to him? 

Can we stop signing wingers/AMs pls? 
also stop this gvardiol nonsense. 

nkunku, Kai, Felix, Sterling all will want to be starters for what are basically 2 positions. Then there are Mudryk and Madueke. That is if we even manage to get rid of Puli, Mase, Ziyech. If not we basically have the positions up there covered 4 times over. 

we need a striker, a goalie and probably a midfielder 

52 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Can we stop signing wingers/AMs pls? 
also stop this gvardiol nonsense. 

nkunku, Kai, Felix, Sterling all will want to be starters for what are basically 2 positions. Then there are Mudryk and Madueke. That is if we even manage to get rid of Puli, Mase, Ziyech. If not we basically have the positions up there covered 4 times over. 

we need a striker, a goalie and probably a midfielder 

and if we sell kai?

On 09/03/2023 at 21:11, MoroccanBlue said:

How do we know Koulibaly's wages aren't incentivized and drop down if we aren't in CL?

Perhaps Chelsea needed him more, than he needed Chelsea. No way to pull the stuff you can pull on some exotic-league 17 yo on KK.

About Mount, I'm not watching him very closely, but seeing his ways on SM sometimes, the history and current form, I can only hope he isn't going the Barkley road. Well, maybe minus the booze luckily, but still, he needs to grow up a little fast to utilize his potential.

And about the GK, I feel some people think that with new GK we will suddenly stop conceding. Well, that's not the thing even with elite GK and I doubt any of such will be available. Mendy is solid, Kepa is electric, but sometimes genius. They are decent asset as a duo. Slonina is also on the roster. Who can we replace them with?

Edited by Vegetable

9 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Not sure why we would need to sign him now. Granted he could play with Enzo a bit higher but I don’t think his profile is the correct type for us now. Particularly if we continue with a back 3 as well because we’ve still got Kovacic and Kante. Plus Mount if he isn’t sold if we revert to a 3 man MF. He seems to be the opposite of what we need in MF.

9 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Also no more attacking midfielders please… focus on CDM/CM, CF and look for a top top GK if possible. Even then, 27, still playing in Brazil, that screams red flag to me instantly. Brazil cap or not - surely he would be in Europe by now if he was that good (as ignorant as it may sound).

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 hours ago, Vegetable said:

Perhaps Chelsea needed him more, than he needed Chelsea. No way to pull the stuff you can pull on some exotic-league 17 yo on KK.

Ornstein reported couple months ago that guys like James, Sterling will have salary drop if no CL. So probably KK has as well. 

We seem to be gelling as a team in the 5-2-3 formation

Sell - 300mn

Mendy - sell sadly...40mn for him will be a killer deal

Kepa - 25mn (will sell now with his current form, dont trust him long term)

Kk - 20mn - He is in form but guess not long term part of Chelsea plan (someone in serie a can buy for sure)

Chalobah - 20mn

Ampadu - 5mn

Rlc - 25mn (Rotation and injuries killed his talent)

Mount - 70mn (crazy wage demands considering his form last 2 years)

Ziyech - 20mn - bye

Pulisic - 30mn - bye bye

Lukaku - 35mn (Wherever conte goes)

Azpi - free the legend

Auba - 5mn - bye

Sarr - 10mn 

Odoi - 15mn

Buy/Return - 400mn

Gk - Diogo costa - 50mn

Gk backup - Slonina

Cb - Gvardiol - 90mn

Cb - Colwill

Rb - Gusto

Mid - Rice - 80mn

Mid - santos

Mid - Kante - new deal

Att - Nkunku

Att - Felix - 60mn (pass if more)

Att - Oshimen (120mn)

Yeah, we really don’t need Gvardiol anymore. Not with Badiashile here now, not with Colwill returning, and not with us seeing that Cucu can fill in if necessary. These players are all very young as well and specialize in playing on the left side. Spending £90m or whatever on an area of the squad that’s well stocked is extreme overkill. We will already struggle to keep this group happy once everyone is fit and available.

Gvardiol will almost certainly be playing for City next season. Which will be annoying as a huge fan of his but I’m more than happy with our CB options now.

Our only focus this summer needs to be on getting a lethal striker and an absolute baller of a DM. That and doing a massive clear out the likes of which nobody has ever seen.