Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Alaba again came out and said he sees himself playing elsewhere. 27 and in his prime, wouldnt cost too much eiher. If we can entice him he would be an awesome buy.

I am convinced we end up with Chilwell, now that Shitty are banned and Pep may leave

the big thing is the price

I would love to have Alaba, but doubt the club is going to make that move

He turns 28 in June, so this is deffo the last summer Bayern can get max money as fullbacks generally fall back rapidly once they turn 30. However buys him only gets 2 sub 30yo season out of him. Say he is still pretty much prime at 30, and that is 3 years max. £60-70m for 3 years prime is not good value IMHO, and I cannot see Bayern letting him go for less than 60 or 70m quid. Telles is 6 months younger and roughly half the price, which is why I prefer him as one of the two LB's we should buy, along with either Gosens or Theo Hernandez. Either two of those 3 would cost less than just Chilwell, plus we can sell both Alonso and Emerson, so the net cost is very low. If we only buy Chilwell and no one else, we only can sell one, and if we hold onto Alonso, we are basically giving up ever getting fuckall for him, as he is soon 30 (December this year) and will rapidly devalue even more than he already has. Even if we only get £50m for both Emerson and Alonso, that would make, say Telles and Theo Hernandez cost only £20-30m net for both, versus say a net cost of £55m for buying only Chilwell and selling only Alonso or only Emerson. Buying Telles and Gosens would be close to par or only £10-15m net max depending on what we paid for Gosens and what we got via the 2 sales.

It is not that I think Chilwell is a bad player at all. I just think £80m (or even more) for him is crazy, and the I also fear we end up selling only Emerson, and simply long term kiss away selling Alonso for anything other than peanuts. Plus, when Chilwell cannot play, we are still fucked at LB in that scenario. Alonso is only god for a back 3 wingback role, and we so rarely play this.

I so hope this is pure bullshit, as it makes ZERO sense

Chelsea set to complete £23m transfer move for Matias Vecino

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/16/chelsea-set-complete-23m-transfer-move-matias-vecino-12248524/?ito=newsnow-feed

Chelsea have reportedly agreed to meet Inter Milan’s asking price for Matias Vecino in the summer. Frank Lampard, who was less than impressed after Chelsea failed to make any immediate signings in January, has told the club he wants to strengthen his squad as many as four new additions to follow Hakim Ziyech through the doors at the end of the season. The Blues will prioritise a move for a central midfielder and 28-year-old Inter star Vecino has been identified as a realistic target ahead of the 2020/21 campaign. According to The Daily Express, Chelsea are ready to pay up the €28million (£23m) fee Inter are demanding for the Uruguay international

snip

so much wrong with this move

Vecino is soon 29yo, so zero long term

Sarri wanted him bad and we said no almost 2 years ago

we already have a tonne of CMF's

and he is not even close to the best MF on Inter

Marcelo Brozovic  <<< HE would make more sense, but we have had him as a target of interest since he was at Dinamo Zagreb in summer 2014 (time flies!) and nothing ever happened, and he is crazy pricey now, as he is one of the top deep holding DMF's in the world now for many years
Nicolò Barella  <<< damn ban, grrrrr, but zero chance he leaves Inter now atm
Stefano Sensi    
Roberto Gagliardini   <<< he has regressed this year due to injuries so maybe is about the same level, but is also 3 years younger. That said I have no interest in him either anymore.

are all better (with possible exception of Gagliardini) and all younger

Is Alaba still the player he was a few years ago when he was considered world class? Honest question because I haven't heard much about him in a while.

Seems like all of that Bayern team have kind of fallen off a cliff in terms of hype and the whole world talking about them. I haven't heard about Neuer, Müller, or Alaba in ages and all 3 were considered the very best a few years back.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Is Alaba still the player he was a few years ago when he was considered world class? Honest question because I haven't heard much about him in a while.

Seems like all of that Bayern team have kind of fallen off a cliff in terms of hype and the whole world talking about them. I haven't heard about Neuer, Müller, or Alaba in ages and all 3 were considered the very best a few years back.

Alaba is still truly WC, it is just he was played at CB now due to injuries. Bayern also have the best new young (he only turned 19 in November) LB on the planet now in Alphonso Davies anyway, so they have not been hurt there. Alaba is still probably the 2nd best LB after Robertson, but only has 2 or 3 prime years left there. He might be able to extend his career as a CB for a couple years after he hits 30.

Thomas Müller has been poor since after 2015/16 (32 goals that season, but only 42 in the next 3 and 2/3rds seasons since) His crashout is bizarre, as he was one of the top SS in the world for 7 years,, and then just POOF, as soon as or right before he turned 27.

And Manuel Neuer has never been the same since the end of 2016–17, when he started off his series of foot fracture injuries. He is not remotely close to the top 5 keepers in the world now. He always was overrated IMHO, he takes too many chances and makes too many stupid errors now. He is still a more than adequate keeper, but is not a dominant force anymore, like Alisson and Oblak are atm (no other keepers are close to those 2 atm, not even ter Stegen) and Buffon was for a crazy amount of years.

Injuries have really fucked up Bayern for ages now.

53 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Alaba is still truly WC, it is just he was played at CB now due to injuries. Bayern also have the best new young (he only turned 19 in November) LB on the planet now in Alphonso Davies anyway, so they have not been hurt there. Alaba is still probably the 2nd best LB after Robertson, but only has 2 or 3 prime years left there. He might be able to extend his career as a CB for a couple years after he hits 30.

Thomas Müller has been poor since after 2015/16 (32 goals that season, but only 42 in the next 3 and 2/3rds seasons since) His crashout is bizarre, as he was one of the top SS in the world for 7 years,, and then just POOF, as soon as or right before he turned 27.

And Manuel Neuer has never been the same since the end of 2016–17, when he started off his series of foot fracture injuries. He is not remotely close to the top 5 keepers in the world now. He always was overrated IMHO, he takes too many chances and makes too many stupid errors now. He is still a more than adequate keeper, but is not a dominant force anymore, like Alisson and Oblak are atm (no other keepers are close to those 2 atm, not even ter Stegen) and Buffon was for a crazy amount of years.

Injuries have really fucked up Bayern for ages now.

This is why I'm still in the Chilwell camp. A bunch of people here are down on him for the price but I'm not one of them. Still young, knows the PL like the back of his hand now so won't need any adjustment period, and being English will fit right in with our other lads.

The problem with him will be that both Manchester clubs and maybe also Spuds will try to make a move for him. Could even stay at Leicester since they'll have CL footy, who knows.

But having both fullback spots settled with great young English players for the next 8-10 years would be amazing. The attacking threat from both flanks would be madness.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

This is why I'm still in the Chilwell camp. A bunch of people here are down on him for the price but I'm not one of them. Still young, knows the PL like the back of his hand now so won't need any adjustment period, and being English will fit right in with our other lads.

The problem with him will be that both Manchester clubs and maybe also Spuds will try to make a move for him. Could even stay at Leicester since they'll have CL footy, who knows.

But having both fullback spots settled with great young English players for the next 8-10 years would be amazing. The attacking threat from both flanks would be madness.

I do not like the Chilwell option as the price will prevent us, more than likely of dumping both of the two absolute pieces of shit we have now. IF we dump both and buy Chilwell and say, Telles, then oki, but even if we get £50m for both Alonso and Emerson, means a net spend of around £63m for both Telles and Chilwell. I think that is doable, and the sad fact is that is we buy Chilwell and only unload Alonso, that still will cost us around £55m, but I just do not see the board thinking like that, and that £63m is a shit tonne more than selling both our current dregs and buying Telles and Gosens, or even Telles OR Gosens and then Theo Hernandez, who will (Theo) cost around 40m to 50m or so.

If we just buy Chilwell, and then sell one of the dregs, we are FUCKED when Chilwell cannot play. This azpi at LB shit HAS to fucking end. It is a bloody capitulation every time we do it. He is dead on fucking shit as a LB. All 3 option we have now are. It has been the thing that has most driven me bonkers since after Conte's first season at least. We are now almsot 3 seasons in and it just gets worse, plus all our fullbacks except for Reece are rapidly depreciating in value as each year spins by., even Emerson, as his play is now so poor it is a wonder we can get even £25m for him. Fuck Marina for turning down £45m from RM for Alonso in 2018, and then playing the same game with Inter and demanding £45m after they offered £35m this January. even if they offered £30m she should have bitten their hands off. If we do not sell him thsi summer, we are going to get fuckall, as he turns 30 thsi year, and then his value really plummets.

People like to say (and not just at FB) 'Oh, we cannot have a really decent backup becuase they will get pissed at less playing time.' Bollocks, many teams have 2 deep quality in multiple positions, and furthermore, thsoe same people are amongst the biggest whingers when our starters (and only decent players) go down and we have fuckall for replacent. And, if they are not whinging on, some of the others try to gaslight and say bollocks like 'Oh, Azpi is perfectly oki at LB', which is just pure fucking tosh. Same goes for CF as well, although the most vocal ones who tried that 'oh, we cannot go for a good backup for Tammy cuz they will never play and Tammy is more than good enough' have shut their pie-holes lately, as they see the devastation of having shit for a backup actually means.

I do not think Chilwell goes to Shitty now, as they have the bans and I think Pepe is 60/40 likely to bail out, and for sure if they get both years upheld. Manure has even more issues that we do, so I do not see them going for an LB this window, especially one who costs 80m quid. Sancho is going to be the one we brawl with them for I think, and maybe our Dembele as well. Grealish too, if we make a move for him. They want a CB too.  Just those four will be over 300m. They are going to sell Pogba as well, so lets say after we goes, they still end up spending around 200m, PLUS then need to replace Pogba. Toss in Chilwell, and that spend becomes around £350m AFTER Pogba revenue is detected. No way can they pull that off, their board is as bad, and probably worse in some aspects, than ours.

12 hours ago, shrenshah said:

Wasnt aware of Guehi current form but Ampadu can take his place..he is not playing right now but he is a gem of a player

My point with the poat is we can completely overhaul our team if the board is up to it...

Ake would be an upgrade on what we have so 40m for him is a good buy considering zouma and ac are rated at 30m

Mount aint a chelsea level player yet, frank likes him but the sooner he is dropped the better

Pulisic is sold to dortmund in order to get sancho

Rlc starts at cm with kante

I'm sorry, but Ake isn't the answer for our defensive woes. Signing him would be waste of money when someone like Upamecano is going to be available in the summer for the same price.

13 hours ago, shrenshah said:

Wasnt aware of Guehi current form but Ampadu can take his place..he is not playing right now but he is a gem of a player

My point with the poat is we can completely overhaul our team if the board is up to it...

Ake would be an upgrade on what we have so 40m for him is a good buy considering zouma and ac are rated at 30m

Mount aint a chelsea level player yet, frank likes him but the sooner he is dropped the better

Pulisic is sold to dortmund in order to get sancho

Rlc starts at cm with kante

The Ake buyback is history. Expired. Done. Gone. Kaput. He is never coming here. Lampard said he is weak within a high pressing schema.

Pulisic is not going to be sold back to Dortmund for Sancho. They will simply find another teen or two and develop them. If we sold Pulisic after just one year, the USA market would turn on us with a vengeance.

Ampadu was a flash in the plan so far. Multiple managers now have not rated him. He may come good yet, but I am not holding my breath atm. We cannot even figure out his correct position.

I am also not sold on Guehi yet either. 

Mount I agree on. I would loan him out and buy Grealish for sure if we fuck up the Sancho deal, as no Sancho means a lot more time at RW for Ziyech.

Until RLC shows he is fully recovered back to pre-injury form I do not count on him for much.

I just hope the board has plan B and plan C for positions if/when plan A goes to shit.

17 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Watzke already said he won't sell Sancho for less than Ousmane Dembele (145m).

2 points.

€145m is the exact same £120m we all have been saying is probably a good guess for what he might go for.

Point 2, Dortmund will never see the full €145m payout for Dembele, as he is damaged goods who will never hit all the bonuses, just like we will never see the full payout for Hazard from RM. So yes, lets do a deal like that. Win win, as if he is that good and hits all the bonuses,  he will be a CL winner with us and a Ballon d'Or winner as well. If not, we get him for far cheaper.

16 hours ago, shrenshah said:

Just hoping that ziyech is uses as a 10 instead of the right wing

Ideal summer as per current rumors

Buy

Ziyech 38m

Sancho - 150m

Boga - 12m

Werner - 60m

Onana/Maignan - 40m

Ake - 40m

Chilwell - 70m

Backup keeper - 10m (prefrably english)

Sell

Kepa - Loan with option to buy 50m

Pulisic - 50m (accomodate sancho)

Alonso - 20m

Emerson - 20m

Zappacosta - 10m

Batshuayi - 30m

Jorginho - 50m

Drinkwater - 10m

Barkley - 20m

Zouma - 30m

Andreas christensean - 40m

Bakayoko - 20m

Pasalic - 10m

Boga - 30m

Release giroud willian pedro caballero

We are looking at a spend of 420m and sale of 350m...some sales may not happen so say we sell 270m worth of players then we still spend only 150m plus there is impending kepa sale money with whom we buy a wc cb to pair with ake or rudiger next summer

Team looks like this

Gk - Maignan/Onana, Backup keeper

Rb - Reece, Azpi

Cb 1 - Rudiger, Tomori

Cb 2 - Ake, Azpi, Guehi

Lb - Chilwell, Azpi, Maathsen

Cm 1 - Kante, Gilmour, Tino

Cm 2 - Rlc, Kovacic, Mount

Amf - Ziyech, Gallagher, Mount

Rm - Sancho, Ziyech, Cho

Lm - Werner, Cho, Mount

St - Tammy, Werner

Lets be realisitic, Kepa and Pulisic are going nowhere. This isnt FIFA or FM where you can sell somebody with ease 1 or 1 and a half years after buying them. We arent selling Jorginho either. That would be stupid. Even if his agent has said that about Juventus and other proposals I wouldnt be surprised if its a ploy for a new deal. Selling 3 of our most expensive signings in one window, what have you been smoking?

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Lets be realisitic, Kepa and Pulisic are going nowhere. This isnt FIFA or FM where you can sell somebody with ease 1 or 1 and a half years after buying them. We arent selling Jorginho either. That would be stupid. Even if his agent has said that about Juventus and other proposals I wouldnt be surprised if its a ploy for a new deal. Selling 3 of our most expensive signings in one window, what have you been smoking?

Realistic targets assuming we do not go for Sancho or do and fail

GK Sven Ulreich (backup and competition for Kepa, who I cannot see being sold at what will surely be a £60m or more lose when his crazy salary has to be partially paid just get a team to pay us half what we did in fees) Ulreich is a tested keeper who is now 3rd at Bayern.

CB Nothing. Lamps likes his 4 he has, but I would LOVE AC to be sold and replaced with Declan Rice, who I see as our future at CB and or DMF if needed.

LB Chilwell and nothing more, meaning we disastrously keep one of the dregs yet again. It damn well better be Alonso sold, as he is soon worthless or near worthless if not dumped tjis summer. If Chilwell goes down we are FUCKED.

RB Nothing.

DMF I want Declan Rice (who I see as our eventual top CB tbh, see above) and want Kante sold. Neither happens. I have no idea how badly we want Soumare from Lille.

CMF Nothing

AMF Grealish, a MUST if no Sancho, as Ziyech will thus be a locked down starter at winger. RLC is a massive gamble, Mount is not good enough, Barkley needs to be cashed in on.

Winger Ziyech is a done deal maybe Boga will be purchased. FFS bin fucking Willian and Pedro!!!

CF Werner is not coming here, and we might even miss out on Dembele, in which case I would go for Victor Osimhen.

That is it, best case on the realistic end, and even some of that is probably not going down. I trust our biatd as far as I can spit into a gale.

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am convinced we end up with Chilwell, now that Shitty are banned and Pep may leave

the big thing is the price

I would love to have Alaba, but doubt the club is going to make that move

He turns 28 in June, so this is deffo the last summer Bayern can get max money as fullbacks generally fall back rapidly once they turn 30. However buys him only gets 2 sub 30yo season out of him. Say he is still pretty much prime at 30, and that is 3 years max. £60-70m for 3 years prime is not good value IMHO, and I cannot see Bayern letting him go for less than 60 or 70m quid. Telles is 6 months younger and roughly half the price, which is why I prefer him as one of the two LB's we should buy, along with either Gosens or Theo Hernandez. Either two of those 3 would cost less than just Chilwell, plus we can sell both Alonso and Emerson, so the net cost is very low. If we only buy Chilwell and no one else, we only can sell one, and if we hold onto Alonso, we are basically giving up ever getting fuckall for him, as he is soon 30 (December this year) and will rapidly devalue even more than he already has. Even if we only get £50m for both Emerson and Alonso, that would make, say Telles and Theo Hernandez cost only £20-30m net for both, versus say a net cost of £55m for buying only Chilwell and selling only Alonso or only Emerson. Buying Telles and Gosens would be close to par or only £10-15m net max depending on what we paid for Gosens and what we got via the 2 sales.

It is not that I think Chilwell is a bad player at all. I just think £80m (or even more) for him is crazy, and the I also fear we end up selling only Emerson, and simply long term kiss away selling Alonso for anything other than peanuts. Plus, when Chilwell cannot play, we are still fucked at LB in that scenario. Alonso is only god for a back 3 wingback role, and we so rarely play this.

I sure hope not mate, he is nowhere near worth that outlay. Let manu have him. Much rather Telles then. Would BM really demand that much for Alaba though? With 1 year left he cant go for more than 50, we got not even doubla that for Eden in a similar scenario. If they really would demand that much then fuck BM.

40 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

The problem is Lampard seems really fancy Chilwell and he look like our first choice target for LB. The fact that Lampard didn't go after Telles and Grimaldo who have a release clauses in Jan speaks volume about that. 

Not neccessarily. Dealing with Porto and Benfica is never easy though either. Image rights, agencies/other clubs owning percentages of rights etc too.

Im not totally against signing Chillwell if the price is not over the top. 50m max maybe. As hes young and English you have to pay a bit more but he has huge potential to grow as well. He is good, maybe not at the level that fee warrants but a long term investment at LB isnt necessarily a bad thing.