Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Unless I misunderstand your post, we do NOT have a sporting director yet, that is the last unfilled position, as I have posted on multiple times.

True, thought Vivell is filling for this instead TB as he is coming from more of a recruitment background after all

1 minute ago, TheHulk said:

This explains it best but even so it's beyond dumb this isn't done. You can negotiate a 120m payment with 2 installments one 100 the other 20 and it would be treated like a transfer fee so someone fucked up. I refuse to believe Benfica wanted the buyout only, they were willing to talk until today..

Chelsea lowered their offer and thet pissed them off!

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

just an FYI

the Record (Portugal( is an absolute SHIT source

Don Balón level shit

not saying we are not blowing this deal, but the Record is not a thing to put a lot of faith in for info

These guys say the same, we lowballed and now they only want buyout. Let's face it there is no denying the owner is a clown at this point.

1 minute ago, TheHulk said:

This explains it best but even so it's beyond dumb this isn't done. You can negotiate a 120m payment with 2 installments one 100 the other 20 and it would be treated like a transfer fee so someone fucked up. I refuse to believe Benfica wanted the buyout only, they were willing to talk until today..

Jake Cohen has proven very reliable with things like this and supports my own understanding of how it works for FFP purposes.

The fact is on the assumption of the above, we would never have entertained activating the release clause and as a result Benfica could quite easily have just plainly refused to come to the negotiating table. The fact they have would suggest that broad terms have or are close to agreement with regards to fee, etc. The payment structure isn't impacting FFP, but has a significant impact on cashflow, borrowings, interest, etc. It's clearly the biggest point of negotiation and quite obviously we'll want to pay less up front and Benfica will want more. Just because an agreement hasn't been reached yet doesn't mean one won't. Benfica won't want to keep Enzo now with his head turned if they can help it, and we want the player. But like I said previously a deal of this magnitude is not being resolved and signed off on after one round of talks.

We offered 130, so apparently they've got so pissed off, they lowballing themselves 🤪

Seriously thinking about picking up twitter "sport journalism" in summer. I won't be much of a tik-toker, but this bullshit for clicks from muh insider sources I can produce all day long.

3 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

These guys say the same, we lowballed and now they only want buyout. Let's face it there is no denying the owner is a clown at this point.

IF that did happen, we are absolutely fucked going forward, as no club will trust our word

we have 60 billion plus backing us and years of sports ownership

I cannot believe that we would be THAT stupid

5 minutes ago, didi007 said:

Chelsea lowered their offer and thet pissed them off!

Benfica only needed to accept it in installments 2,3 100+20, 40+40+40 it's irrelevant since it counts the same towards ffp but the American had to act intelligent and low ball.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

IF that did happen, we are absolutely fucked going forward, as no club will trust our word

we have 60 billion plus backing us and years of sports ownership

I cannot believe that we would be THAT stupid

It did happen, why do you think Benfica was willing to negotiate and now out of a sudden want the buyout? 

I know we watch this like a TV sitcom, but from reasonability standpoint - even IF sides decide to leak something for a handicap, they will leak it to someone they have connection with, just like in real world, not provide live negotiation coverage to some random children on Twitter on other side of the world. It's all either clickbait or pure speculation, based on other speculation and rewriting reliable sources, who also somewhat speculate. 

44 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

It did happen, why do you think Benfica was willing to negotiate and now out of a sudden want the buyout? 

you have no verified evidence of that

you are simply taking a tweet (from a very dodgy source) and expanding it to create a narrative

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you have no verified evidence of that

you are simply taking a tweet (from a very dodgy source) and expanding it to create a narrative

Every credible source including Fab has said the negotiations have reached an impasse. No agreement.

Just now, didi007 said:

Every credible source including Fab has said the negotiations have reached an impasse. No agreement.

an impasse doesn't me we tried to pull a lowball offer AFTER we said we pay the full RC

IF we did indeed do that, I am FAR more closer to Boehly out than I am atm

IF we did do that, our credibility is soon shredded

for all her faults, Marina's word was bond with all the major actors, to a person they ALL said that when(if asked

Just now, Vesper said:

so now we are on to treating the hack Manc lover Duncan Castles as the word of god?

Give it a few more hours I guess before the more reputable guys dance around the same song. There is no other explication for Benfica wanting the buyout clause when they we're willing to negotiate until yesterday. Rui Costa didn't suddenly had a revelation in his mind and said I want the buyout clause, he got pissed off.