Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Watched a bunch of Badiashile footage just now. I just can’t escape the thought that he will struggle in the PL. Not in a physical sense but in dealing with quick, skillful attackers. For a left sided CB who will be asked to be in open space a lot he looks extremely slow. Like a big, lumbering beast of a defender rather than a quick and technical one.

Yes, Koulibaly has struggled for consistency since arriving but he has shown that his recovery pace and quickness I still there in flashes. He just needs to find his form and I think he’ll be a good signing still. Badiashile would scare me against the likes of Salah, Saka, and the wealth of other super dangerous wide players. They’ll roast him for pace.

I would really like to see a box to box dash race between KK and Badiashile

I think it would be closer than you you seem to think. Badiashile is 6 feet 4 and a half (1.94m), with long legs, so eats up ground. His body is maturing too, he looks in far better shape and more ripped than he did 4 years ago or so (2018/19 season) when I first saw him as a 17yo CB who came up from the Monaco academy and played in 26 games his first year of topflight football.

On 26/12/2022 at 04:12, Vesper said:

who exactly do you propose we try to buy that we are not is serious talks/linkage with?

I do not understand what people want us to do (and I am utterly dismayed at the whingeing on by many about these young potential super talents we are gobbling up!)

keeping this focused on specific names:

The Big 30 (the best, IMHO, remotely available under 30yo players atm)

bold are the ones we are linked with, some that we are trying like hell to buy, or did in the last window

non bold blue are ones I wish we would go for, but for whom I have seen no really strong links

Jude Bellingham  
Josko Gvardiol
Enzo Fernández

Victor Osimhen (I would prefer him to Vlahović, but I have seen no links and the poison dwarf looms large, well large for a dwarf)
Dušan Vlahović 
Rafael Leão  
Declan Rice  

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia  (poison dwarf as well)
Ousmane Dembélé
Moussa Diaby
Moisés Caicedo
Jan Oblak (he turned us down long ago, which lead to the crazy Kepa buy)
Nicolò Barella (such a hard pull, at thsi point, due to his coast, there are better options)
Milan Skriniar 
João Félix  
Frenkie de Jong 

Bernardo Silva (not sure if available)
Lautaro Martínez
Sergej Milinković-Savić
Bruno Guimarães
Leroy Sané  
Cody Gakpo 
Theo Hernández (such a hard pull, and we have 2 LBs, plus I am worried about his defence now, like Bastoni, atm, he has regressed)
Mikel Merino 
Marcos Llorente    
Martín Zubimendi  
Alessandro Bastoni (no chance BOTH Skriniar and Bastoni leave in the same window, and Bastoni keeps saying he doesn't want to leave Italy, and Skriniar is better anyway)
Federico Chiesa (when/if fully recovered)
Florian Wirtz   (when/if fully recovered)
Mikel Oyarzabal  (when/if fully recovered)

then rounding out the top 50 of the best available players under 30

bold are again ones we have been strongly linked to or tried to buy with a concrete offer already

Youri Tielemans (he should go to NUFC)
Alexis Mac Allister (his price will now be crazy though)
Rúben Neves
Amadou Onana    
Mykhaylo Mudryk  
Roméo Lavia
Manu Koné
Denzel Dumfries
James Maddison
Lorenzo Pellegrini  
Dani Olmo    
Dominik Szoboszlai
Jurrien Timber 
Benoît Badiashile 
Robin Le Normand  
Evan Ndicka   
Mohamed Simakan (can play RB too)
Piero Hincapié 
Gonçalo Inácio  
Jonathan David   (I see a lot of him in Datro) 

That long list is the best out there, unless I am missing a couple (that is completely a legit debate if you have someone I am missing)

Who am I missing?

Who are these mythical top players we are not trying for that I have not marked?

I do NOT want to see unavailable players listed (hell, I put in a few who are very tenuously available already)

We need to try and get the balance right.

This team has a lot of guys who are coming to the end/downwards part of their careers (Silva, Aubamayang, Koulibaly, Jorginho, Azpilicueta, Kante) but you cannot necessarily just sign 5 or 6 18 year olds, throw them in straight away and expect them to plug that gap. They need time to grow. 

We need some guys who are say 24,25,26, a bit more seasoned and able to carry the can a bit in terms of experience and add/help maintain the culture when certain players leave also because we’ve seen in the past when players such as Drogba, Terry, Ash, Petr left that its not easy to replace them off the pitch.

The signings of a lot of younger players is going to be an issue if we don’t get up and going with this multi club model. That is also a concern because it will be difficult to establish as we've already seen. The guys all wont play immediately and there are restrictions for the amount of loans you can do coming into play either next year or the following one. 

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

We need to try and get the balance right.

This team has a lot of guys who are coming to the end/downwards part of their careers (Silva, Aubamayang, Koulibaly, Jorginho, Azpilicueta, Kante) but you cannot necessarily just sign 5 or 6 18 year olds, throw them in straight away and expect them to plug that gap. They need time to grow. 

We need some guys who are say 24,25,26, a bit more seasoned and able to carry the can a bit in terms of experience and add/help maintain the culture when certain players leave also because we’ve seen in the past when players such as Drogba, Terry, Ash, Petr left that its not easy to replace them off the pitch.

The signings of a lot of younger players is going to be an issue if we don’t get up and going with this multi club model. That is also a concern because it will be difficult to establish as we've already seen. The guys all wont play immediately and there are restrictions for the amount of loans you can do coming into play either next year or the following one. 

that is theory, not names

I listed names

I want names of these great players we are not pursuing that you and others think we are missing out on

I listed the 50 best players actually available (granted we can argue over the bottom 10 or so and I did not put them in order (except for, probably, the top 6 listed), other than the top 30 and then the next 20)

most all of them are experienced, none are teens other than Bellingham, who IS experienced already, Wirtz (who is injured and is soon 20), and then in the 31 to 50 spots, Lavia

I see all this complaining on here and yet NO names of these great players we are passing on

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yessss

Honestly we have a solid chance. Utd have owners transition. Liverpool just spent on Gakpo and is in for Argentinian from Brighton who is cheaper. Barca is settled with world class young MFs. Real also have Tchoualmani, Camavinga and Valverde. Plus they are in for Jude. 

Make a full transition to 4231. 

Caicedo from Brighton and Enzo deep with Enzo having permission to go up. Nkunku in front. Vlahovic and Leao should be targets up top. We have Havertz, Sterling... Plenty of options to mix. 

VVD I heard played major role in bringing Gakpo. We need Kova to do the same with Gvardiol. We can also play 433 with Kova Enzo and Caicedo. That would be amazing MF if front 3 players score tons of goals. 

27 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Honestly we have a solid chance. Utd have owners transition. Liverpool just spent on Gakpo and is in for Argentinian from Brighton who is cheaper. Barca is settled with world class young MFs. Real also have Tchoualmani, Camavinga and Valverde. Plus they are in for Jude. 

Caicedo from Brighton and Enzo deep with Enzo having permission to go up. Nkunku in front. Vlahovic and Leao should be targets up top. We have Havertz, Sterling... Plenty of options to mix. 

VVD I heard played major role in bringing Gakpo. We need Kova to do the same with Gvardiol. We can also play 433 with Kova Enzo and Caicedo. That would be amazing MF if front 3 players score tons of goals. 

I remember mentioning that same set up. I wanted Judge but I realize might be harder. 

But we can Caicedo and someone like Enzo we would be good in the mid. 

16 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

that is around £525m or so spend

lol

good luck with that, especially as we may well have no CL to offer

at least you didn't say Bellingham too

and we need a RB (£30m to £40m or so), GK (£40 to £60m or so, depending on which one), and another CB (Badiashile?) soon (£35 to £40m or so)

£630m to £665m total spend, hell, make it £666m 

and that's not counting all the new and coming youth buys, which kick it to over £700m likely

16 minutes ago, jandomi10 said:

Badiashile will join Chelsea’s first team immediately, here we go soon. (@FabrizioRoma­no)

I am on twitter and I see no new tweet by him that says a 'here we go' or 'here we go soon'

these are his last two that mention Badiashile

A midfielder of any kind in January seems extremely unlikely so anyone linking us with one is just getting our hopes up. The proverbial decks will be cleared in the summer and that’s when we’ll move for one or more. 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

A midfielder of any kind in January seems extremely unlikely so anyone linking us with one is just getting our hopes up. The proverbial decks will be cleared in the summer and that’s when we’ll move for one or more. 

For me, today's game further confirms my opinion that Zakaria should and will be used more in the second half of this season.

With all the midfield talk, we have a first hand opportunity to really check on him and make a long term assessment on him because I've no doubt we could go back to Juventus and get him at a significantly cheaper deal if we want him permanently. 

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

In any case Marina didn't say that Tchou was not ready 2 years ago.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/Chelsea/transfer-talk/news/Chelsea-rejected-chance-to-sign-aurelien-tchouameni_495052.html

According to football.london, Chelsea identified Tchouameni as a potential target and years of work behind the scenes has be put in to build a relationship with the midfielder and his entourage.

The report adds that the Blues were one of the frontrunners to recruit the Frenchman and the prospect of representing the European champions would seemingly have appealed to the youngster.

However, The Telegraph claims that senior figures at Stamford Bridge, including former sporting director Marina Granovskaia, were not convinced that Tchouameni was ready to make the next step in his career and they were reluctant to spend big on the midfielder.

Chelsea eventually passed up on the chance to sign Tchouameni and instead recruited Saul Niguez on loan from Atletico Madrid on deadline day.

Niguez, however, ultimately struggled in West London and endured a forgettable temporary spell at the club, starting only 11 of his 23 appearances across all competitions.

snip

also

Boehly bemused by Granovskaia call not to pursue Tchouameni over ‘level’ concern at Chelsea

https://www.football365.com/news/boehly-bemused-granovskaia-not-pursue-tchouameni-level-concern-Chelsea

Todd Boehly reportedly ‘does not understand’ Marina Granovskaia’s decision not to pursue a deal for Aurelien Tchouameni.

The 22-year-old – who was reportedly at the top of Liverpool’s wishlist – moved to Real Madrid from Monaco for £72m in the summer.

The midfielder has already made a positive impression on the La Liga side, starting seven of their eight games in all competitions, all of which they’ve won.

Chelsea were heavily linked with a move for Tchouameni in the summer of 2021, with manager Thomas Tuchel a big admirer and director Marina Gravovskaia talking to his representatives.

But they decided not to make a move for the France international as, according to Sport, ‘they were not convinced he could have an immediate impact on Tuchel’s team’.

They didn’t make an offer at the time and didn’t go back in for him this summer as Madrid pounced.

With Tuchel still keen to add to his ranks Chelsea instead signed Saul Niguez on a season-long loan from Atletico Madrid, presumably as they believed he could make the ‘immediate impact’ they so desired.

Edited by Vesper