Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Is he good?

Not sure if he's ready to be a first team player for us right away but seems really promising at least. 13 goals and 16 assists in 58 appearances for Dinamo so far and he's been 17-18yo for most of that time. Plays midfield and LW so could be an understudy to Mount and Sterling?

Definitely worth a punt at the €15M release clause if a deal can be sorted out. If he develops into something good, the price will have been peanuts and if not, he can easily be shipped out for the same price later on. 

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am pretty bearish on our prospects for summer 2023

No CL, if that happens, will fuck us hard

I do not think we have decent shots at most all of the top players who will be remotely available in 2023

I think the only ones we have a shot at (and many will be close to, or more than £90-100m) are

Declan Rice (but HARD pass at £150m)
Victor Osimhen (will not be easy)
Josko Gvardiol (and if we do not lock him up in January, our chances go down and down)
Moisés Caicedo (will not be easy at all)
Moussa Diaby  
Mikel Oyarzabal  (if fully recovered)
Kouadio Koné

I like the look of Diaby, reminds me a bit of young Malouda on the wing, running at defenders at will, stretching the defense, adding that bit of physicality on the wing.   He'll probably have plenty of options to choose from if he does leave the Bundesliga though...

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I like the look of Diaby, reminds me a bit of young Malouda on the wing, running at defenders at will, stretching the defense, adding that bit of physicality on the wing.   He'll probably have plenty of options to choose from if he does leave the Bundesliga though...

He is one of the very few elite wingers who will be available in 2023. Plus he is a left-footed RW.

Chiesa, Oyarzabel, and Wirtz (more of an AMF) all had horrid injuries.

I fear we do not have the pull to grab either Leão or Nkunku (he is more of an SS and AMF).

Bowen has had a horrid start.

That leaves, besides Diaby:

Ousmane Dembélé, but now no longer free, he will cost €50m due to his new release clause.

Then:

RW Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

RW Yéremy Pino 

RW Hirving Lozano

RW Viktor Tsygankov

RW Ismaïla Sarr

RW Noni Madueke 

RW Nico Williams

RW Luiz Henrique 

LW Mykhaylo Mudryk

LW Cody Gakpo

LW Anthony Gordon

LW Allan Saint-Maximin

LW Pedro Neto 

LW Kamaldeen Sulemana

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is one of the very few elite wingers who will be available in 2023. Plus he is a left-footed RW.

Chiesa, Oyarzabel, and Wirtz (more of an AMF) all had horrid injuries.

I fear we do not have the pull to grab either Leão or Nkunku (he is more of an SS and AMF).

Bowen has had a horrid start.

That leaves, besides Diaby:

Ousmane Dembélé, but now no longer free, he will cost €50m due to his new release clause.

Then:

RW Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

RW Yéremy Pino 

RW Hirving Lozano

RW Viktor Tsygankov

RW Ismaïla Sarr

RW Noni Madueke 

RW Nico Williams

RW Luiz Henrique 

LW Mykhaylo Mudryk

LW Cody Gakpo

LW Anthony Gordon

LW Allan Saint-Maximin

LW Pedro Neto 

LW Kamaldeen Sulemana

Given Dembele's current form, i say he is easily worth that price. As for Leao we already have Sterling who occupying the same position, so spending more than £50m for him seems very unnecessary.

Edited by Blues Forever

6 hours ago, Jype said:

Not sure if he's ready to be a first team player for us right away but seems really promising at least. 13 goals and 16 assists in 58 appearances for Dinamo so far and he's been 17-18yo for most of that time. Plays midfield and LW so could be an understudy to Mount and Sterling?

Definitely worth a punt at the €15M release clause if a deal can be sorted out. If he develops into something good, the price will have been peanuts and if not, he can easily be shipped out for the same price later on. 

See him more effective as a CAM. 

2 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Should be perfect fit for us too since we need a playmaker.

Huge fan of him, i would love him here. I am not deterred by his injury, he has good pace but his game is more about dribbling, close control, creativity, vision, etc. 

5 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Given Dembele's current form, i say he is easily worth that price. As for Leao we already have Sterling who occupying the same position, so spending more than £50m for him seems very unnecessary.

I can see Leão going for over £130m.

Bellingham, Leão, Rice, Nkunku, Vlahović (perhaps, but doubtful), Neymar (perhaps), Skriniar (unless he renews), Oblak (unless he renews), Osimhen, Bernardo Silva (perhaps), De Jong (perhaps but doubtful), Gvardiol, João Félix (perhaps), Wirtz (if fully recovered), Barella (perhaps), Chiesa (if fully recovered) and Sergej Milinković-Savić (last possible year for him in terms of a huge money move, as he turns 29yo in the middle of next season, so already I am very wary of a huge outlay) are the only truly world class (ATM) players who MAY be available this coming summer.

Only 7 of those (I listed status above if not a lock) are locks to be available and Rice will likely cost around £150m. Rice, Leão, and Bellingham are easily the 3 most expensive.

CR7 is no longer WC, and Ousame Dembele needs to show he is back for good.

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

See him more effective as a CAM. 

Yes, Zakharyan is more of a creative AMF than a winger (where he rarely plays), which is why I am very much in want of him. Plus he is right footed, so not a natural RW (I really want a lefty at RW).

Benjamin Šeško with an insane goal versus Sweden

Zlatan level

no wonder we were so in for him

I am starting to become convinced

(and yet another Christof Freund buy for Salzburg, I am still GUTTED  we are missing out on him)

7c7833e1a2c2014651b42114691fbc0d.png

I would be surprised if he didn't go to Germany -  Leipzig , Dortmund , Leverkusen even Bayern .

Almost all the talents from Austria make a transfer to Germany first -  Haaland , Keita ,  Szoboszlai , Adeyemi

Edited by milka

2 hours ago, milka said:

I would be surprised if he didn't go to Germany -  Leipzig , Dortmund , Leverkusen even Bayern .

Almost all the talents from Austria make a transfer to Germany first -  Haaland , Keita ,  Szoboszlai , Adeyemi

trends are made to be broken

All those players are Christoph Freund finds

I so hope we go back and try to get him this coming summer

I think he is a footballing administrative genius

It also gives me hope that Boehly has went after the 3 main sporting directors I rate the highest amongst those who could even remotely (in terms of chances) be recruited to come here

Boehly obviously knows who to go after to build a monster club, look what he has helped do with the LA Dodgers:

The Dodgers are at 106 wins, 47 losses with 9 games to go and that is in the far better National League, especially as one of the traditional monster American League teams (the Boston Red Sox, owned by Fenway Sports Group, ie FSG, the Liverpool owners) are having a bad season.

As an aside, the Cubs ( on track to LOSE over 90 games), owned by the shithole Ricketts fam who tried to buy us, have been destroyed as a good team since they won the 2016 World Series (their first in 108 years, and only their 3rd overall, that 1906 'tied for most wins ever' deadball era team did not even win the WS that year, but did win in 1907, 1908, then nothing for 108 years). 

In 147 seasons of American baseball only 8 teams have won 109 or more games and two them were in the deadball era (1876 to 1920)

Only 2 were National League teams (the two deadball era teams the 1906 Cubs and the 1909 Pittsburgh Pirates)

The Dodgers may well get to 111 to 112 wins, making them the best (in terms of most regular season wins in a season) non deadball (and 2nd best even counting the 1906 Cubs) single regular season National League club in history. 3 National League teams will very likely end up winning 100 games, and another (the always dangerous St Louis Cardinals, the best run small market team by far for the last 40 years) will likely win 95 or so to show the strength of the other good teams in the NL this season. Another teams, the San Diego Padres, in the same division as the Dodgers, will win over 90 as well. The Dogers and their main dicision rivals have BOTH won crazy amounts of sames over the past

63275b0f1dea27b36179326e2736e79a.png

Look at the Dodgers the past 6 seasons

3106ae0212b5d744b9408647ac9957ae.png

2020 was the Covid shortened year or they may well have won over 110 games as well, and had a shot at 120 (or at least 117 to claim the all time record themselves)

they were in 3 World Series (this year would make 4 out of 6 years)

Won 1, and should have won another (2017, when the Houston Astros, after it was over, were proven (by Major League Baseball itself) to have massively cheated the entire series via illegally electronically stealing the Dodger's signs, but MLB  refused to forfeit the Astros win, only banning their managers and execs for a year plus millions in fines (they should have forfeited the Astros win, the Dodgers still barely lost and would have crushed the Astros if not for the stolen signs)

The Dodgers lost the 2018 World Series to the Boston Red Sox, another candidate for best regular season team ever, as they won 108 games (one more win and they would have been in the top list above of best regular seasons ever), then won it in 2020. Last season they lost to the evenatal WS champions, the Atlanta Braves in the NL championship series (so just missed another WS).

No team in all of the 147 seasons has had a run of regular season win totals like the Dodgers have had starting in 2019.

If not for Covid shortening the season in 2020 they almost for sure would have had 4 straight years of 106 or more wins, and 2 of those years would likely be 110 wins or more.

Dominance.

Plus they won 104 in 2017 (and would have likely won well over 110 games that year too, but from late August to mid September they lost an insane 16 out of 17 ( including 11 in a row, the only time EVER a 104 plus game-winning team has had a 10 plus game losing streak in the same season) due to their losing the highest percentage of their starting players to injures for any team over a 20 game stretch post WWII. As soon as they got even remotely healthy, they reeled off 8 out 10 wins to close it out, then came within one run TWICE of winning the World Series in that 'Astros cheating' WS.

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

It also gives me hope that Boehly has went after the 3 main sporting directors I rate the highest amongst those who could even remotely (in terms of chances) be recruited to come here

Think that ship has sailed, Boehly want a new DoF in before world cup.

Edited by Blues Forever

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Boehly obviously knows who to go after to build a monster club, look what he has helped do with the LA Dodgers:

The Dodgers are at 106 wins, 47 losses with 9 games to go and that is in the far better National League, especially as one of the traditional monster American League teams (the Boston Red Sox, owned by Fenway Sports Group, ie FSG, the Liverpool owners) are having a bad season.

As an aside, the Cubs ( on track to LOSE over 90 games), owned by the shithole Ricketts fam who tried to buy us, have been destroyed as a good team since they won the 2016 World Series (their first in 108 years, and only their 3rd overall, that 1906 'tied for most wins ever' deadball era team did not even win the WS that year, but did win in 1907, 1908, then nothing for 108 years). 

In 147 seasons of American baseball only 8 teams have won 109 or more games and two them were in the deadball era (1876 to 1920)

Only 2 were National League teams (the two deadball era teams the 1906 Cubs and the 1909 Pittsburgh Pirates)

The Dodgers may well get to 111 to 112 wins, making them the best (in terms of most regular season wins in a season) non deadball (and 2nd best even counting the 1906 Cubs) single regular season National League club in history. 3 National League teams will very likely end up winning 100 games, and another (the always dangerous St Louis Cardinals, the best run small market team by far for the last 40 years) will likely win 95 or so to show the strength of the other good teams in the NL this season. Another teams, the San Diego Padres, in the same division as the Dodgers, will win over 90 as well. The Dogers and their main dicision rivals have BOTH won crazy amounts of sames over the past

63275b0f1dea27b36179326e2736e79a.png

Look at the Dodgers the past 6 seasons

3106ae0212b5d744b9408647ac9957ae.png

2020 was the Covid shortened year or they may well have won over 110 games as well, and had a shot at 120 (or at least 117 to claim the all time record themselves)

they were in 3 World Series (this year would make 4 out of 6 years)

Won 1, and should have won another (2017, when the Houston Astros, after it was over, were proven (by Major League Baseball itself) to have massively cheated the entire series via illegally electronically stealing the Dodger's signs, but MLB  refused to forfeit the Astros win, only banning their managers and execs for a year plus millions in fines (they should have forfeited the Astros win, the Dodgers still barely lost and would have crushed the Astros if not for the stolen signs)

The Dodgers lost the 2018 World Series to the Boston Red Sox, another candidate for best regular season team ever, as they won 108 games (one more win and they would have been in the top list above of best regular seasons ever), then won it in 2020. Last season they lost to the evenatal WS champions, the Atlanta Braves in the NL championship series (so just missed another WS).

No team in all of the 147 seasons has had a run of regular season win totals like the Dodgers have had starting in 2019.

If not for Covid shortening the season in 2020 they almost for sure would have had 4 straight years of 106 or more wins, and 2 of those years would likely be 110 wins or more.

Dominance.

Plus they won 104 in 2017 (and would have likely won well over 110 games that year too, but from late August to mid September they lost an insane 16 out of 17 ( including 11 in a row, the only time EVER a 104 plus game-winning team has had a 10 plus game losing streak in the same season) due to their losing the highest percentage of their starting players to injures for any team over a 20 game stretch post WWII. As soon as they got even remotely healthy, they reeled off 8 out 10 wins to close it out, then came within one run TWICE of winning the World Series in that 'Astros cheating' WS.

I am impressed you even know your stuff in baseball. Never really understood the rules nor the fascination for that sport but I can see why statistics analysis plays such a vital rule  there. It will be interesting to see if Boehly can translate his winning formula to European football. It is clear he is capable but I am still sceptic. I reckon it will take years. Clearly not only the franchise system is completely different but also the business side. So far his approach here has been somewhat inconsistent and amateurish from the outside but surely there will be a learning process. I thinner just need to be patient and not expect instant results. Can totally see the Potter experiment blow up in our faces which  is why I was against making such a big long Term commitment here. But the vision, the structure and the ability to invest is there, so long term I am still optimistic for the future of the club