Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Fuck.

Another amateurish decision.

I mean, things were not rosy but this is some scatter gun approach..

If there was a time NOT to remove a failing manager and destroy continuity, this would be it. 

We have no DOF, and a lot of brand new unintegrated signings and now this.

And why?? 

Losing the first CL group game and 6th place in the PL after less than 10 games played is definitely not an unsalvageable position to be in.

And who are we supposed to bring in? Poch?

6 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

And why?? 

Losing the first CL group game and 6th place in the PL after less than 10 games played is definitely not an unsalvageable position to be in

In first season he won 38 points in half season which is 76 full season so nothing special. Last season also just 74. Lost plenty of cup finals. Football we are playing is abysmal. He was leading us nowhere as a manager. Results wise or no...

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

In first season he won 38 points in half season which is 76 full season so nothing special. Last season also just 74. Lost plenty of cup finals. Football we are playing is abysmal. He was leading us nowhere as a manager. Results wise or no...

agreed

his newness, tactic-wise, helped win the CL, we were novel and unpredictable, and had many players stepped up all at once at the right time

but the league soon sussed us out, and we made a disasterclass buy (one of many over the past 7, 8 years) in Donkeykaku (and failed to buy Tchou) and then we also lost the beating soul of the team for this season when Rudiger left (I am more enraged now that more details have come out about that whole mess, it was Marina's parting gift)

20 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Fuck.

Another amateurish decision.

I mean, things were not rosy but this is some scatter gun approach..

If there was a time NOT to remove a failing manager and destroy continuity, this would be it. 

We have no DOF, and a lot of brand new unintegrated signings and now this.

And why?? 

Losing the first CL group game and 6th place in the PL after less than 10 games played is definitely not an unsalvageable position to be in.

And who are we supposed to bring in? Poch?

On one hand you are right, but on another - there were absolutely no indications that things will turn around, keeping him for 3 more months just for the sake of keeping makes no sense (just like Lampard case). I prefer it happened quickly so new manager has more time to turn the things around.

2 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

On one hand you are right, but on another - there were absolutely no indications that things will turn around, keeping him for 3 more months just for the sake of keeping makes no sense (just like Lampard case). I prefer it happened quickly so new manager has more time to turn the things around.

Hmm, maybe..but with Lampards case we were in the midpoint of the season, well outside course for top 4, and it was a matter of sink or swim.

There's no way you could guarantee to me that Tuchel would have finished outside of top 4 from this point in the season. We're 5th at the moment, barely 5 games in and with a lot unintegrated signings.

To me, going from Tuchel to Potter is an even riskier decision., than just keeping him. Especially at this stage. 

Nonetheless, hopefully the extra time he is getting with the squad will help, like you said.

Edited by Blue Armour

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

o me, going from Tuchel to Potter is an even riskier decision., than just keeping him. Especially at this stage. 

That's the crux of the matter right there and a downgrade any way you look at it.

Fuck the press, and especially Drunky Merson and Robbie Sheep Shagger Savage

trying to sack shame us on Tuchel

whilst big-upping fucking Manure showing 'patience' with ten Hag, and how Man U is now a steamroller and a (this is INSANE) a much better run club than Chels!!

lol

cunts lost for the first time at home in the Europa League since over 10 years ago

and for the first time ever to Real Sociedad

Mikel Merino is a monster CMF

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't know. TT never outplayed Potter in 3 games and never won against Brighton. 

the sampling size here is a bit small to say the least?

are we going to sign every manager who wins a game against us? 2 games? 3 does the trick then

That sounds like a fantastic incentive to all aspiring managers!

Win 3 matches against Chelsea and you will become a new millionaire Chelsea manager! 😃

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

We might have other targets with Tuchel gone. No idea if we are still pursuing the likes of Gvardiol, Nkunku, Leao, and Alvarez.

Today it's being reported the club are looking to have a new sporting director in place before the World Cup starts so after that we'll probably know more. 

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Today it's being reported the club are looking to have a new sporting director in place before the World Cup starts so after that we'll probably know more. 

Will be interesting to see how the recruitment guy coming over with Potter fits into things.

I'm not sure what his exact role was with Brighton but I guess there's a chance he could take over from McLachlan and work alongside the new sporting director.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Will be interesting to see how the recruitment guy coming over with Potter fits into things.

I'm not sure what his exact role was with Brighton but I guess there's a chance he could take over from McLachlan and work alongside the new sporting director.

Potter brought over the assistant of recruitment with him. Does he now become head scout?

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Potter brought over the assistant of recruitment with him. Does he now become head scout?

I don't know his exact role at Brighton but my understanding is he's been with Potter before Brighton and is being credited with them signing the likes of Cucurella and Caicedo.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what the position of a head scout would exactly entail when a director of football sits above them on the totem pole. We haven't had anything like that since Emenalo, so you wonder just how much power and influence was held by McLachlan at Chelsea. 

If this guy is trusted explicitly by Potter and he seems like he's going to be handed an incredible amount of influence, you have to believe his role is going to be amongst the highest of influences within the recruitment/scouting network the club plans to build.

3 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

We might have other targets with Tuchel gone. No idea if we are still pursuing the likes of Gvardiol, Nkunku, Leao, and Alvarez.

None of the players that come under TT were good. Saul and Lukaku disaster. This summer also plenty of scepticism about all of them but jury is still out. 

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Tuchel didn't even want Alvarez and the board we're having discussions with Kovacic a couple days ago about Gvardiol, you'd have to believe most of the targets remain the same.

Potter has brought his scout/recruitment or what ever u wanna call it with him, if this is the project we have all been told it is, targets will 100% change maybe not all but deffo most.