Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

How does this make any sense if we’ve brought in Zakaria for the season? It doesn’t, clearly.

Would be part of the rebuilding process, the club keeping options open on midfielders with both Kante & Jorginho out of contract

Maybe we can throw Ziyech into the deal and get rid of another player that wants to leave. 

only players who are worth anywhere near £100m

no GK's, (not even Oblak as he is soon 30yo now and £100m for a 30-something GK next summer is crazy, same for Cuntois and Alisson, plus Donnarumma is not at £100m level yet) and only one CB, no FB's, 4 DMF's (all except Rice are hybrids, and I do not count Bellingham as a DMF at all) De Bruyne is not included, due to age, same for Salah, VVD, Lewa, Benz

£200m + level

Kylian Mbappé     
Erling Håland

huge drop off (some of the following are maybe not quite there yet, but i would NOT lose my mind if we bought them for around £100m, although Kane's age is an issue)

Jude Bellingham
Rafael Leão
Victor Osimhen
Dušan Vlahović 
Lautaro Martínez    
Joshua Kimmich 
Declan Rice
Pedri 
Gavi
Vinicius Junior
João Félix
Phil Foden   
Harry Kane (soon not, due to age)
Christopher Nkunku  (only IF he has same numbers or near as last season)
Rúben Dias
Jamal Musiala 
Aurélien Tchouameni
Nicolò Barella

59 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Would be part of the rebuilding process, the club keeping options open on midfielders with both Kante & Jorginho out of contract

Maybe we can throw Ziyech into the deal and get rid of another player that wants to leave. 

Edson Alvarez is not good enough to be part of a legitimate rebuilding process

he is not a youth prospect, he turns 26yo a few months into next season, he doesnt have 4 or 5 years to get better, he is what he is

he is a farmer league player with no transcendent potential

it really is that simple

Sangare is even worse, thank FUCK we did not buy him, I would have lost my shit

neither one are worth anywhere near £50m or so

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

surely this has to be bullshit

Chelsea will make fresh move for Edson Alvarez in January

https://football-talk.co.uk/174253/Chelsea-will-make-fresh-move-for-edson-alvarez-in-january/

Chelsea will make a fresh attempt to land Ajax midfielder Edson Alvarez in January after failing to secure his services on deadline day, CBS Sports journalist Ben Jacobs claims.

The Blues made a formal £43 million bid for the Mexico international on August 31, but Ajax were against selling him, considering the Dutch transfer window was closing on the same day.

Alvarez tried to push for a transfer by refusing to train, but Ajax stayed firm on their transfer stance. According to Jacobs, Chelsea will make a fresh approach for the 24-year-old at the turn of the year.

Has been confirmed by the athletic we will back for Alvarez in January. 

Edited by Blues Forever

Regarding Scott McLachlan has he been placed on 3 month gardening leave from now, or has he just 'served' his 3 month gardening leave hence why it's now being announced?

It's a real clean slate for the new ownership to put their own stamp on the club in key positions behind the scenes. These decisions could go a long way to how successful they become here.

7 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Zakaria is only a stop gap signing. 

Of course, but he’s still signed up for the whole season. So why would we then sign a second DM midway through the season?

We spend £50m on Alvarez then we probably take ourselves out of the Declan Rice sweepstakes which would be a huge mistake.

45 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Of course, but he’s still signed up for the whole season. So why would we then sign a second DM midway through the season?

We spend £50m on Alvarez then we probably take ourselves out of the Declan Rice sweepstakes which would be a huge mistake.

Maybe because Tuchel think we need another DM incase Zakaria injured? I can understand the logic considering Kovacic, Kante, and Zakaria are injury prones.

Edited by Blues Forever

3 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Maybe because Tuchel think we need another DM incase Zakaria injured? I can understand the logic considering Kovacic, Kante, and Zakaria are injury prones.

That, and maybe Tuchel has finally had enough of Jorginho.