Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

36 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Bring Broja on. Maybe even the Aston Villa kid 

I don't know the reason for keeping him if he's just going to rot on the bench when we have hardly any options. This talk of a lack of options needs to stop until Tuchel actually gives other players a chance.

Tuchel will continue to lose support should Havertz and Mount retain their places against West Ham. It's looking like clear favouritism at this point, which I can't stand.

5 hours ago, Kong said:

Poch couldn't beat Leicester to a title for me thats his failings.

Which is fair. 

But imo, his +ves at spurs far outweighed the -ves. He made them relevant (🤮).

I remember post bale when they had bought the soldados of the world, they looked to be getting worse, then poch came in and changed them. 

I would even say that his tactics are 'naive' sometimes, but like I said, don't think he is perfect. Don't expect him to be perfect. But the situation we are in, under new regime, need to set up a culture, have a trove of young talent + buying a trove of young talent, he is a decent shout out.

1 hour ago, blahblahblah said:

Which is fair. 

But imo, his +ves at spurs far outweighed the -ves. He made them relevant (🤮).

I remember post bale when they had bought the soldados of the world, they looked to be getting worse, then poch came in and changed them. 

I would even say that his tactics are 'naive' sometimes, but like I said, don't think he is perfect. Don't expect him to be perfect. But the situation we are in, under new regime, need to set up a culture, have a trove of young talent + buying a trove of young talent, he is a decent shout out.

Tbh after watching what I've seen so far fuck it bring in bielsa.

8 hours ago, DDA said:

Who is the answer?? Genuine question because I don't know of many managers if I'm being honest. 

I dont think there is an answer atm. I'd take bielsa or potter. Just tired of watching defensive football yet we can't defend! The amount of money we spent on defense and we are worse!

26 minutes ago, Kong said:

I dont think there is an answer atm. I'd take bielsa or potter. Just tired of watching defensive football yet we can't defend! The amount of money we spent on defense and we are worse!

Bielsa that serial bottlers? he is even worse than Pochettino lol.

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Mason is in the can't be good without him, can't be great with him, category for me. We cannot afford to be without him at the moment but moving to a situation where we can should be a goal.

It we are not cautious enough we can read all sorts of articles about the renaissance of RLC, or about how he has finally found his place in the Chelsea set up. All such articles ignore a stark reality in my view. Namely that Ruben is now a Chelsea regular because we became worse, not because he became better. 

Nail on the head.

I genuinely think he wouldn’t get any opportunities at the likes of a City, Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal. 

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I was not the first person on the 'now is the time to sell N'Golo to maximise his value while ensuring that his output diminishes on someone else's payroll' bandwagon at the end of the season before last. It did feel however that, by the end of last season, I was the only person still there. If the club does not feel it can afford to let him go even still that's fine. I can accept it but I really want to see progress towards a more resilient squad which allows us to make strategic outgoing transfers in the not too distant future. As it is we are clinging to NG amid rapidly diminishing returns.

Agree with this but we have no-one else in the squad who provides a similar output to him. 

Banking on RLC as a backup midfielder (considering his injury issues over a long period of time and the fact that lower back injuries are very likely to flair up at least a few times a season) is also quite risky by Tuchel & the coaching team. 

27 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

I see you can’t work it with the tweets, been there to 😂

Isn’t that a rather low bid? And I think it’s not us, probably Arse?

8 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Mason just needs to be dropped for a few games IMO. Light a fire in his belly.

Surprised to hear that he started this game. More so than the result. 

I have never supported the claims that Mason is an outstanding player. Referring to his contributions when we're in possession, my favourite phrase about him is that he nearly always nearly gets it right. Nearly, but not quite.

Unfortunately I don't believe that we have anyone who can be relied upon to do a better job currently and it seems that, in saying this, I'm just echoing what TT is thinking.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie