Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

because of this asshat, we are probably going to have to sell Xavier Mbuyamba due to new FIFA loan rules

That was lazy journalism, Mbuyamba is 21 and new FIFA rules do not refer to players 21 and younger

Edited by ulvhedin

22 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

That was lazy journalism, Mbuyamba is 21 and new FIFA rules do not refer to players 21 and younger

he turns 21 December 31st

and yes, looking into it, it makes no sense as to why we would have to sell him, as he is not affected

Our recruitment is piss poor it is laughable. We spent 500 mil in the last three transfer windows and still don't have freaking CDM, the most important signing we needed to make after CL. I was so upset with Lukaku signing, not just because of him but because we didn't get CDM and winger or wingback.  That is the start of demise. Not getting CDM that year is pure criminal especially having in mind that this transfer would be all about defenders since two of them left for free and third had ACL injury. With everything that happened last season, it was pure miracle we got top four.

Now is hard. We missed out on our targets. Sterling alone is not enough. I fear he will have less goals involvement than Werner in his first year. Still no freaking CDM and half of the team on the wrong side of thirties. And Goalie...  Lukaku transfer window fiasco and everything that happened last season has left bad consequences on this squad, coach and the team. Taking this lot to CL next year is almost impossible task I'm afraid. 

I don't see the point in KK and Sterling signings to be honest. Just expensive stop gaps as PEA. New owners are willing to spend but biggest Chelsea pain remains: wasting money.  

Edited by laura90

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Whats I.Toneys link up play like?? Is he good enough to lead the line for us?

Its pretty decent. I don't know if he's good enough to lead the line week in week out, but I would take a punt on him for sure. And I would hurry up, if so. Other clubs are lurking.

Been a bit intrigued in him since last year when press started making comparisons to Drogba. Definitely not Didier, but I feel he could connect a lot better with our midfield players than Lukaku or Werner.

Edited by Blue Armour

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Tchou was lost when we did not buy him last year, fucking Marina, another parting gift

Raphinha always wanted Barca

we didn't rate Boubacar Kamara

and we could have easily beat Arse for Jesus, but stupidly looked elsewhere

Tchou was never coming here let’s be honest, even last year. As soon as Madrid entered the frame and firmed up their interest it was inevitable.

I mean I am 100% certain we would of gotten him last year if he wanted to come here but he was likely always going to be waiting on Madrid coming in for him. 

Either that or Tuchel wasn’t convinced fully. Plus until I’ve seen him do well for Madrid I am yet to concede we missed out on a good deal. Letting Casemiro go is madness.  

6 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

Is rice's unrealistic price tag any different from the 30m unrealistic price tag of auba. 

Yes it is, you are basically comparing £24m vs £150m. You think we will blew more than half of our budget for Rice alone when we also need at least 2CBs, a backup wing back, and 2 attackers as well? £150m for Rice is basically a fuck off price from West Ham. 

Edited by Blues Forever

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Yes it is, you are basically comparing £24m vs £150m. You think we will blew more than half of our budget for Rice alone when we also need at least 2CBs, a backup wing back, and 2 attackers as well? £150m for Rice is basically a fuck off price from West Ham. 

Umm. No i am basically comparing a couple who will change us overnight vs a player who barely improves us. 

I definitely know which one I would have made a priority. If we offered a 100m, it would have been a done deal. Whu were not going to reject that. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I know hindsight and all. But not just Tchouameni but clubs missed out on Bruno Guimares before he signed for Newcastle. Looks like a physical Jorginho

If we had a squad of all the players we missed out on, we would probably win the treble. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tchou was never coming here let’s be honest, even last year. As soon as Madrid entered the frame and firmed up their interest it was inevitable.

I mean I am 100% certain we would of gotten him last year if he wanted to come here but he was likely always going to be waiting on Madrid coming in for him. 

Either that or Tuchel wasn’t convinced fully. Plus until I’ve seen him do well for Madrid I am yet to concede we missed out on a good deal. Letting Casemiro go is madness.  

Real was not in for him in summer 2021 to any level remotely near 2022.

Let's not start with revisionist history. Botten line, we fucked up badly. Same for Vlahovic/Osimhen.

Our scouting department and Marina's end game choices were shit for ages when it came to senior team players.

6 hours ago, laura90 said:

Our recruitment is piss poor it is laughable. We spent 500 mil in the last three transfer windows and still don't have freaking CDM, the most important signing we needed to make after CL. I was so upset with Lukaku signing, not just because of him but because we didn't get CDM and winger or wingback.  That is the start of demise. Not getting CDM that year is pure criminal especially having in mind that this transfer would be all about defenders since two of them left for free and third had ACL injury. With everything that happened last season, it was pure miracle we got top four.

Now is hard. We missed out on our targets. Sterling alone is not enough. I fear he will have less goals involvement than Werner in his first year. Still no freaking CDM and half of the team on the wrong side of thirties. And Goalie...  Lukaku transfer window fiasco and everything that happened last season has left bad consequences on this squad, coach and the team. Taking this lot to CL next year is almost impossible task I'm afraid. 

I don't see the point in KK and Sterling signings to be honest. Just expensive stop gaps as PEA. New owners are willing to spend but biggest Chelsea pain remains: wasting money.  

I am raging over our transfer game, have been well before this summer. We keep buying players I absolutely do not rate, and passing on so many I do.

If we actually buy Slabhead I am going to erupt like Vesuvius. 

2 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

Umm. No i am basically comparing a couple who will change us overnight vs a player who barely improves us. 

I definitely know which one I would have made a priority. If we offered a 100m, it would have been a done deal. Whu were not going to reject that. 

But they will, they have leverage with Rice still has 2 + 1 years left. If not other clubs like City or United would already done that.

37 minutes ago, DDA said:

If we had a squad of all the players we missed out on, we would probably win the treble. 

Yes yes. Can't get them all. But midfield refresh has been put off for years now. We have relied on Kante. Jorginho and Kova since the Sarri days

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

But they will, they have leverage with Rice still has 2 + 1 years left. If not other clubs like City or United would already done that.

I think 100m would have been enough. If not, then pay the extra 20m. 

Also, if we got rice, we did not need a back up RWB, as we would definitely shift to a back4, and azpi would have been the back up RB. We are anyways willing to pay 50m for a back rwb in gordon so why not deal with our most obvious and biggest problem out there. If not rice and fdj, then there would be other options available who are far better than whatever jorginho provides. Not buying a DM is a cardinal mistake, an unforgivable one. One which will end up costing TT his job and us this season.