Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Sorry mate but waiting till 2021-22 aint happening. He will be in City or something like that by then if we dont pull the trigger.

Will he? If he waits then a large proportion of the transfer fee he would attract could be taken by him and his agents instead through signing on fees and wages. Moving next Summer only really benefits Dortmund. Further, he does not have to move to a club or early if he does not want to. I mean, Real and Munich seem to be able to do this sort of thing all the time i.e. a) target a player you want, B) tap him up and c) get him two years later when his value is less.

I do not really see why this cannot play out with Sancho as Dortmund is a big club, so it is not like playing another season while you're aged 20-21 with them is going to affect you that much, especially as the next season has no international competition you want to play in and the team you play in do not have a ready made player to replace you with. Further, if he whittles down his contract he gets a larger slice of the pie when he does move. 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

£27m, wow

these articles are so fucked

lolol

I did find that (30m euros) from Kicker

the articles I had read before did not mention it, and said that RB would get huge money for him

Werner was out of contract at the end of this season and signed an extension in the Summer so that he could leave in 2020 and not completely screw over RB. The figure since he signed has always been stated as €30m which is roughly £27m. 

The real question that arises is why did he do this? Is it because RB said you're not going Bayern this Summer but if you sign and give us one more year then you will go with our blessing? Is it because he feels a sense of infinity to RB and felt they could do well this year, so he would stay and achieve something meaningful before he left? Or is it because the club that he wants to sign for did not want him this Summer (whether than be due to a ban (us) or because they have players/squads they do not want to unsettle? (Bayern (Lewandowski), Liverpool (their front 3.) 

Imo, I do not see him signing for Liverpool. I say this as Klopp has already indicated that he only has a few years left there, while the competition for places against their established three will be super tough. I reckon he will end up at Bayern as for the first year he can act as Lewandowski's back up, then the season after he can take over, which makes a lot of sense as there is no international competition in 2021. I do think we have a chance, and a bigger one than Liverpool, but I reckon its likely that he will want to stay in Germany. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Werner was out of contract at the end of this season and signed an extension in the Summer so that he could leave in 2020 and not completely screw over RB. The figure since he signed has always been stated as €30m which is roughly £27m. 

The real question that arises is why did he do this? Is it because RB said you're not going Bayern this Summer but if you sign and give us one more year then you will go with our blessing? Is it because he feels a sense of infinity to RB and felt they could do well this year, so he would stay and achieve something meaningful before he left? Or is it because the club that he wants to sign for did not want him this Summer (whether than be due to a ban (us) or because they have players/squads they do not want to unsettle? (Bayern (Lewandowski), Liverpool (their front 3.) 

Imo, I do not see him signing for Liverpool. I say this as Klopp has already indicated that he only has a few years left there, while the competition for places against their established three will be super tough. I reckon he will end up at Bayern as for the first year he can act as Lewandowski's back up, then the season after he can take over, which makes a lot of sense as there is no international competition in 2021. I do think we have a chance, and a bigger one than Liverpool, but I reckon its likely that he will want to stay in Germany. 

The reason was Bayern decided to focus on signing Sane rather than Werner. This action pissed Werner since Bayern broke their initial promise to prioritize him this summer, and because of that he finally signed an extension.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Will he? If he waits then a large proportion of the transfer fee he would attract could be taken by him and his agents instead through signing on fees and wages. Moving next Summer only really benefits Dortmund. Further, he does not have to move to a club or early if he does not want to. I mean, Real and Munich seem to be able to do this sort of thing all the time i.e. a) target a player you want, B) tap him up and c) get him two years later when his value is less.

I do not really see why this cannot play out with Sancho as Dortmund is a big club, so it is not like playing another season while you're aged 20-21 with them is going to affect you that much, especially as the next season has no international competition you want to play in and the team you play in do not have a ready made player to replace you with. Further, if he whittles down his contract he gets a larger slice of the pie when he does move. 

Yeah could be you never know, but at the same time if city barca etc came calling with huge offers and wages then he is a goner imo. I dont see him in Dortmund in 2 years time.

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

makes sense

2 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

The reason was Bayern decided to focus on signing Sane rather than Werner. This action pissed Werner since Bayern broke their initial promise to prioritize him this summer, and because of that he finally signed an extension.

Bayern are all over the place winger-wise, linked with Sane, Mane, CHO, Sancho, Dembele, Coutinho (have him on loan, not sure if they buy perm, probably not)  lololol

It isnt like they are THAT weak at there

but they are overloaded on the LW

with all but Gnabry being LWers (Coutinho, Coman, Perisic, Alphonso Davies, who actually will be their LB replacement for Alaba I think, long term, and is left-footed, so no clue why they do not use him as an inverted RWer at times) and even Gnabry is really a LW (and is playing there even now on occasion)

Sancho and Dembele make the most sense, as they can play either wing, but Sancho is out of their price structure, and Dembele is as well unless Barca give a STEEP discount (which they might due to his issues, BUT Bayern do NOT buy 'issue' players)

all in all, I cant be arsed, I am still really pissed with Bayern over CHO, although I am sticking with them and especially PSG as my 2 darkhorse CL favourites this year (with us as my 100 to 1 longshot)

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Bayern are all over the place winger-wise, linked with Sane, Mane, CHO, Sancho, Dembele, Coutinho (have him on loan, not sure if they buy perm, probably not)  lololol

It isnt like they are THAT weak at there

but they are overloaded on the LW

with all but Gnabry being LWers (Coutinho, Coman, Perisic, Alphonso Davies, who actually will be their LB replacement for Alaba I think, long term, and is left-footed, so no clue why they do not use him as an inverted RWer at times) and even Gnabry is really a LW (and is playing there even now on occasion)

Sancho and Dembele make the most sense, as they can play either wing, but Sancho is out of their price structure, and Dembele is as well unless Barca give a STEEP discount (which they might due to his issues, BUT Bayern do NOT buy 'issue' players)

all in all, I cant be arsed, I am still really pissed with Bayern over CHO, although I am sticking with them and especially PSG as my 2 darkhorse CL favourites this year (with us as my 100 to 1 longshot)

Dembele and Sane were their main targets but since both of them weren't available, in the end they brought Perisic and Coutinho. 

5 hours ago, communicate said:

I think it all depends whether he want to be bench player for pool. 

do not forget, Werner can also play either wing (or in a two striker setup), so that is a lot of rotational minutes

he, unfortunately, would be a fucking massive weapon under Klopp

IF I were a bindipper, (right before shooting myself in the mouth) I would pee my panties if Victimpool signed Werner and a WC AMF (a left footed one who can also play RW would be perfect as clearly Klopp has given up on Xherdan Shaqiri) plus a decent backup LB, plus maybe a swap-out on at CB. Lovren is dogshit IMHO (if he were on Chels he would be a whipping boy target for me, like Alonso is) and if, like now, Matip is injured and TA-A needs a rest (so no Gomez at CB), they are so much weaker

let's all hope NONE of that occurs (some will, surely)

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

do not forget, Werner can also play either wing (or in a two striker setup), so that is a lot of rotational minutes

he, unfortunately, would be a fucking massive weapon under Klopp

IF I were a bindipper, (right before shooting myself in the mouth) I would pee my panties if Victimpool signed Werner and a WC AMF (a left footed one who can also play RW would be perfect as clearly Klopp has given up on Xherdan Shaqiri) plus a decent backup LB, plus maybe a swap-out on at CB. Lovren is dogshit IMHO (if he were on Chels he would be a whipping boy target for me, like Alonso is) and if, like now, Matip is injured and TA-A needs a rest (so no Gomez at CB), they are so much weaker

let's all hope NONE of that occurs (some will, surely)

Do you rate this player Vesper, for right wing?

Every outlet is giving the same set of names as lamps' targets - Sancho/zaha, ake, Chilwell, dembele.

If lamps wants it, I am all in for it. Whatever he needs. I can see us having the following window in the summer-

Ins:

Sancho - 100mil

Chilwell - 70mil

Ake - 40mil

Dembele - 50mil

Total ins ~ 260mil

Outs:

Morata - 50mil

Rudiger - 40mil

Barkley - 30mil

Bakayoko - 25mil

Alonso - 25mil

Michy - 30mil

Giroud - free

Pedro - free

Willian - free

Drinkwater - free

Moses - 5mil

Kennedy - 5mil

Juan castillo - 10mil

Baker - 5mil

Miazga - 5mil

Baba Rahman - 5mil

Zappacosta - 5mil

Musonda, pantic, Blackman, Izzy - 5mil

Pasalic - 10mil

Total outs ~ 255mil

Squad:

Gk - kepa, willy 

Rb - Reece (HG), azpi

CB - ake (HG) , zouma, tomori (HG) Andreas (HG)

Lb - Emerson, Chilwell (HG)

CM - jorginho, Kante, kovacic, gilmour (HG), mount (HG), RlC (HG)

Wingers - CHO (HG), pulisic, Sancho (HG), anjorin (HG)

ST - Tammy (HG), dembele, ugbo (HG)

12 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Every outlet is giving the same set of names as lamps' targets - Sancho/zaha, ake, Chilwell, dembele.

If lamps wants it, I am all in for it. Whatever he needs. I can see us having the following window in the summer-

Ins:

Sancho - 100mil

Chilwell - 70mil

Ake - 40mil

Dembele - 50mil

Total ins ~ 260mil

Outs:

Morata - 50mil

Rudiger - 40mil

Barkley - 30mil

Bakayoko - 25mil

Alonso - 25mil

Michy - 30mil

Giroud - free

Pedro - free

Willian - free

Drinkwater - free

Moses - 5mil

Kennedy - 5mil

Juan castillo - 10mil

Baker - 5mil

Miazga - 5mil

Baba Rahman - 5mil

Zappacosta - 5mil

Pasalic - 10mil

Miazga - 5mil

Total outs ~ 260mil

Squad:

Gk - kepa, willy 

Rb - Reece (HG), azpi

Change Demble with Werner or Lautaro. Replace Rudiger with Zouma and put Diaz instead of Ake, rest looking good.

49 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Do you rate this player Vesper, for right wing?

A bit, he is Dynamo Kyiv's best player by far, I am not sure the step up in class to a league like the EPL will work out. Would like to see a lower table EPL team buy him and let us then evaluate. I do not get an innate star vibe off him atm.

He blew a pen last night against FC Copenhagen in Denmark that cost them the win (they drew 1 1 )

1 hour ago, Nicco said:

Change Demble with Werner or Lautaro. Replace Rudiger with Zouma and put Diaz instead of Ake, rest looking good.

Why would we sell our best cb of this season? As well as most improved. 

I would prefer Werner too. But if Chelsea or pool come knocking, he will choose pool for sure. 

Also, this list is based on what the outlets are saying that lamps wants. Given how well he has performed what was given to him, he desrves to get what he wants. Simple as that.

20 hours ago, Tomo said:

As for LB on paper Telles would be a class signing but there must be a reason he's coming up 27 and his only shot at a major league was a loan to Inter.

I'm always persuaded by this type of observation. It speaks loudly.

2 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Ins:

Sancho - 100mil

Chilwell - 70mil

Ake - 40mil

Dembele - 50mil

Total ins ~ 260mil

Outs:

Morata - 50mil

Rudiger - 40mil

Barkley - 30mil

Bakayoko - 25mil

Alonso - 25mil

Michy - 30mil

Giroud - free

Pedro - free

Willian - free

Drinkwater - free

Moses - 5mil

Kennedy - 5mil

Juan castillo - 10mil

Baker - 5mil

Miazga - 5mil

Baba Rahman - 5mil

Zappacosta - 5mil

Pasalic - 10mil

Miazga - 5mil

Total outs ~ 260mil

Squad:

Gk - kepa, willy 

Rb - Reece (HG), azpi

Matt Miazga, so good they sold him twice!

4 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Ins:

Sancho - 100mil

Chilwell - 70mil

Ake - 40mil

Dembele - 50mil

Total ins ~ 260mil

Outs:

Rudiger - 40mil

Rudiger out??? and for only £40m??????

you want to get rid of our best (and, when healthy, our only remotely top class ATM, Tomori may get there someday) CB??????

MADNESS

on edit, I listed the wrong Dembele, my apologies

Rudiger out??? and for only £40m??????
you want to get rid of our best (and, when healthy, our only remotely top class ATM, Tomori may get there someday) CB??????
MADNESS
on edit, I listed the wrong Dembele, my apologises
I just looked at some defensive stats to compare Rüdiger and Tomori and looking into the stats, Tomori looks better. Better tackler and more interceptions.

They both lack in concentration though. Rüdiger needs to get fit first and then we can see how good he is. Right now, he will struggle against Zouma.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

I just looked at some defensive stats to compare Rüdiger and Tomori and looking into the stats, Tomori looks better. Better tackler and more interceptions.

They both lack in concentration though. Rüdiger needs to get fit first and then we can see how good he is. Right now, he will struggle against Zouma.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Zouma is horrid on the ball and passing

'every press against our back is an adventure

if he is the limit of our ambition at CB we are well and truly fucked

will not budge on this

our defensive record this year speaks volumes

one flash bursting (and pointless) run ending in a wild shot does zero to change anything