Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Rudiger out??? and for only £40m??????

you want to get rid of our best (and, when healthy, our only remotely top class ATM, Tomori may get there someday) CB??????

MADNESS

on edit, I listed the wrong Dembele, my apologises

If it was up to me, I would keep the same four as this season. But if ake is bought him, (which would be a brilliant buy as it would give us a top CB, good LB and a cover for DM), I would sell an injury prone Rudi instead of an ever improving zouma, a potentially top Andreas.

Like you said "when healthy". 

As for 40mil, it's because of the injury history. https://www.transfermarkt.com/antonio-rudiger/verletzungen/spieler/86202

This is not something to be ignored despite of his qualities.

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Rudiger out??? and for only £40m??????

you want to get rid of our best (and, when healthy, our only remotely top class ATM, Tomori may get there someday) CB??????

MADNESS

on edit, I listed the wrong Dembele, my apologises

Also my reaction when I saw the post. Rudi is by far our best CB and worth 60-70m easily. 15 teams in the PL conceded less goals than us and people are acting like Zouma and Tomori are having great season. I agree Tomori can become great in the future. 

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Zouma is horrid on the ball and passing

'every press against our back is an adventure

if he is the limit of our ambition at CB we are well and truly fucked

will not budge on this

our defensive record this year speaks volumes

one flash bursting (and pointless) run ending in a wild shot does zero to change anything

Lol

For every time zouma is got caught on the ball (which off the top of my head, have not been many since the United game), I can give you 3/4 of tomori's. Zouma's on the ball play has improved exponentially this season. Even his passing range with those change of plays to the left flank. 

Our defensive record this season has nothing to do with just zouma. Its been a system issue with set piece through out the season. How many goals have we conceded from open play bar the United opener? These are teething issues which will get better with time.

5 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

If it was up to me, I would keep the same four as this season. But if ake is bought him, (which would be a brilliant buy as it would give us a top CB, good LB and a cover for DM), I would sell an injury prone Rudi instead of an ever improving zouma, a potentially top Andreas.

As for 40mil, it's because of the injury history. https://www.transfermarkt.com/antonio-rudiger/verletzungen/spieler/86202

TBF to Rudiger, right up until last season, his injury record has been clean with us. Had no serious injuries for 2 years, excluding the 1 day muscular problem listed on that Transfermarkt site. Just so happened he picked up a knee injury and then Sarri stupidly rushed him back - which aggravated the problem - plus of course, he suddenly got this groin injury. He's already recovered from the knee injury and assuming the groin operation has cleared his problem, then we've got a healthy defender in the squad. Moreover, he's only 26 and is entering his peak. Unless more problems occur (hopefully not!), it would be silly to sell him.

I am NOT going to be gaslit on Rudiger v Zouma, and on Zouma overall vesus other options/upgrades

I draw the line on this

same as I drew on Alonso (most agree with me now on that)

I have more than made my peace with Willian, as evidenced by my lack of blasting on him for ages, I think he has stepped up and bit good, (and lost his bad attitude from all that I can see) and it is a shame he is ageing, as he is a very unique player in the right system (huge motor on defence IMHO, and creates major pressing issues for teams) and I see why Barca wanted him (was just puzzled on the fee for a soon to 30yo player at the time, and one who was coming off a bad season, regardless of the cause)

Zouma is a great bloke personally, and IF we could not get a shit tonne of money (we can, for sure Everton will cough up around £40m) for him, I would not lose my mind with him as a backup CB for very specific games, but he is NOT an everyday CB for team that is trying to win trophies such as the EPL and the CL

IF we can sell AC for around the same AND we bring in a superb ball playing CB, then fine, there you go for Zouma as my back-up for specific games role, I have zero issues with that

but when we can go out and grab a younger, bigger, faster, more skilled, better passing CB in Konate, I see zero reasons to not go that route

Leipzig's defence and Konate in general were superb (best in the Bundesliga, despite a lot of injuries) last year, and he was only bloody 19

he is a freak of nature, and those types simple are not in great abundance and he has been (he is out with a slight knock atm) a starter now for 2 and  half years

1 minute ago, Jason said:

TBF to Rudiger, right up until last season, his injury record has been clean with us. Had no serious injuries for 2 years, excluding the 1 day muscular problem listed on that Transfermarkt site. Just so happened he picked up a knee injury and then Sarri stupidly rushed him back - which aggravated the problem - plus of course, he suddenly got this groin injury. He's already recovered from the knee injury and assuming the groin operation has cleared his problem, then we've got a healthy defender in the squad. Moreover, he's only 26 and is entering his peak. Unless more problems occur (hopefully not!), it would be silly to sell him.

Like I said, I would keep the same 4. But given the options of the rest 3, I would personally sell him above the rest given his injury record. No where have I doubted his quality. But he has already had a knee and groin surgery. And given how these things take a toll, it would be a hard choice for me.

Just now, 1905didierblue said:

Like I said, I would keep the same 4. But given the options of the rest 3, I would personally sell him above the rest given his injury record. No where have I doubted his quality. But he has already had a knee and groin surgery. And given how these things take a toll, it would be a hard choice for me.

Best to pass judgment until we see how he does back on the field. 

35 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

well if Rudiger is shipped then we need TWO WC CBS (as we need one now for sure)

and Ake  (sell AC too as Ake for Ac should be close to a wash money-wise)

Bring in Konate and Romagnoli

I can so live with a 5 CB set up of Konate, Romagnoli, Tomori, Ake and Zouma

Chilwell at LB

make a bid for the £25m release clause Werner

and try and and go for Sancho

max (if we get Sancho) for all that is 350m to 400m, and we will have SO MUCH more (as in at least 100m and more than like MORE left over) than that if we just sell off the dregs (and will have close to it even if we do not, as we have already sold a shit tonne)

Zouma is horrid on the ball and passing
'every press against our back is an adventure
if he is the limit of our ambition at CB we are well and truly fucked
will not budge on this
our defensive record this year speaks volumes
one flash bursting (and pointless) run ending in a wild shot does zero to change anything
I agree that Zouma looked awful at the beginning of the season (especially on the Ball), but right now, he looks solid. He improved a lot with the ball and he is such a beast physicality wise. His speed with his strenght is unique. He is the strongest guy in our team by far. I think even one of our players said that in an interview. It may have been Mount.

It is not like we did not concede goals last season. Luiz and Rüdiger looked awful plenty of times. Rüdiger lacks in Awareness and concentration and yes, he is a better Player than Zouma from a Ball playing perspective. I just looked into some stats and defending wise they are more or less the same. Rüdiger is better than Zouma in terms of passing, which every chelsea fan knows. But right now, if Zouma keeps his confidence and the chemistry he has with Tomori, Rüdiger will have a pretty hard time to get into the team. When I see Rüdiger, I see two big strenghts. He is a decent passer (sometimes with Lack of concentration he makes horrible passes but still decent passer) and his athleticism. Zouma beats him easily in athleticism.

You make it look like all goals we concede are because of Zouma, which is Not true. Alonso and Azpi have cost us a lot of goals this season. Yes Zouma cost us point at the beginning too, but he keeps improving.

And Vesper,why so negative? haha
Right now, even in Germany, Chelsea gets a lot of hype, which Never happens here because most germans hate Chelsea

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I agree that Zouma looked awful at the beginning of the season (especially on the Ball), but right now, he looks solid. He improved a lot with the ball and he is such a beast physicality wise. His speed with his strenght is unique. He is the strongest guy in our team by far. I think even one of our players said that in an interview. It may have been Mount.

It is not like we did not concede goals last season. Luiz and Rüdiger looked awful plenty of times. Rüdiger lacks in Awareness and concentration and yes, he is a better Player than Zouma from a Ball playing perspective. I just looked into some stats and defending wise they are more or less the same. Rüdiger is better than Zouma in terms of passing, which every chelsea fan knows. But right now, if Zouma keeps his confidence and the chemistry he has with Tomori, Rüdiger will have a pretty hard time to get into the team. When I see Rüdiger, I see two big strenghts. He is a decent passer (sometimes with Lack of concentration he makes horrible passes but still decent passer) and his athleticism. Zouma beats him easily in athleticism.

You make it look like all goals we concede are because of Zouma, which is Not true. Alonso and Azpi have cost us a lot of goals this season. Yes Zouma cost us point at the beginning too, but he keeps improving.

Right now, even in Germany, Chelsea gets a lot of hype, which Never happens here because most germans hate Chelsea

what do you think of Konate?

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I know Zouma is not the only reason for the goals

our fullbacks have overall been shit too, and Tomori and AC have made errors too (AC not so much)

I am super frustrated with our defence and (I dread saying this) Kepa atm

we need to go find a GREAT GK coach, and drill Kepa till he bleeds, he has regressed so much this year

40 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Also my reaction when I saw the post. Rudi is by far our best CB and worth 60-70m easily. 15 teams in the PL conceded less goals than us and people are acting like Zouma and Tomori are having great season. I agree Tomori can become great in the future. 

I have to be honest, IF we blow out and lose Chilwell, I can see the window going truly wonky

I do not trust Marina and the targeting scouts to bring it home

we have a shameful record as of late, if not foe the academy finally coming good, we would be in massive shit

I know I am pipe dreaming on Romagnoli or Konate or Skriniar, I doubt we get any

Sancho is also SO problematic as every monster team on the planet wants him

Same for Werner (especially at that price)

I am going to be pulling my hair out IF Rudiger really is fucked up to the point he will be on and off injured for the remainder of hsi stay, and all we can bring in is Ake

if not Sancho, the RW options are POOR

unless we REALLY roll the dice on the trouble child Ousame Dembele (and that assumes Barca sells him asa decent price, which is a huge IF)

I doubt the team is even looking at any of my 3 DMF targets (the £45m steal Partey or the wunderkind Camavinga or Florentino) I think they just might toss £80m or so for Declan Rice, which is a massive gamble in my book (hopefully pays off, but jesus has he looked for shit at times this year)

I cannot even be sure we will dump Alonso or Barkley or Willian (Pedro and Giroud are the only two out for sure)

IF we fail to dump the dregs (too long to list, but many are on loan) then we are smashed on those salaries too, and the transfers potential revenue losses start to get upward of 300M (NOT A JOKE) versus timely, smart sales over the past several years

I cannot take the same 4 fullbacks here next year, it is simply asking for disaster (if we fail on Chilwell I have zero clue who move for, I have seen some truly depressing liks posted, and I myself am being worn down by the board on Telles (plus his age as well)

and, also, the continuous injuries (Rudiger already discussed) to Kante (who turns 30 next season) and RLC (his achiles is FAR worse than CHO's and I really worry for his career atm)  are huge question marks 

I still have massive hope, but we really have to thread the needle on some of these players

I do NOT want to become Arsenal

Chelsea’s Fikayo Tomori reveals Blues’ fastest player

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/chelsea/chelseas-fikayo-tomori-reveals-blues-fastest-player

Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori has been on a meteoric rise to prominence at Stamford Bridge this season, having made 13 of his 14 senior Blues appearances this term and earned his maiden call-up to the England squad in October.

One of the traits Tomori has been able to fall back on to help solidify his emerging partnership with Kurt Zouma has been the Canada-born centre-half’s pace, even though the topic has caused him some frustrations already this season.

Tomori joked about his anger on Match of the Day at the start of the month, as his pace stats on FIFA 20 are lower than those of Callum Hudson-Odoi, even though he is adamant the winger is not faster than him.

Head coach Frank Lampard discussed the matter ahead of facing Watford, as well, and noted that the defender is indeed quick, but should use his newfound status at Stamford Bridge to demonstrate his qualities on a consistent basis.

But this has not stopped Tomori from adding another piece of wood to the fire, it would seem, as the 21-year-old again refused to accept that Hudson-Odoi, or Tammy Abraham, is faster than him as he shunned the pair during a Questions and Answers session on Chelsea’s official Instagram stories feed.

When asked who the fastest member of the first-team in West London is, Tomori acknowledged one Blues teammate as being as quick as he is in Antonio Rudiger, with the £45million-rated defender potentially the Blues’ fastest player in his opinion.

Manchester United gossip: Seven targets in January, Chelsea to sell three

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-gossip-signings-latest-17220656

Chelsea prepared to sell three veterans

Chelsea are ready to shuffle their deck in the January transfer window by allowing Olivier Giroud, Marcos Alonso and Pedro to leave Stamford Bridge, the Daily Mail states.

The trio have all struggled for first-team opportunities so far this season, with both Giroud and Pedro able to discuss contracts with foreign clubs in the New Year ahead of their contract expiry at the end of the season.

I still think Emerson, Rudiger, Christensen and James are our best possible back four and last month barely any of them played. In my book we are playing with second unit defense for most of the season plus Kante injured all the time. So no surprise we conceded so many goals. 

Oki lets list out the sales and the revenues generated, and some of these are already done

I am being really pretty realistic on these numbers too (the speculative, not locked-in numbers)

£135m Hazard 

£9m Ola Aina

£8m Kalas

£8m Luiz

£8m Hector

£5m Omeruo

£30m Bakayoko

£30m Bats

£50m Morata

£30m Alonso

£40m Zouma

£10m Moses

£13m Zappacosta

£12m Drinkwater

£25m Willian (if we renew him and sell)

£10m Baba

£7m Lewis Baker

£7m Juan Castillo

£13m Mario Pašalić

£8m Jake Clarke-Salter 

£10m Kenedy

£5m Matt Miazga

£2m Richard Nartey

£5m  Charly Musonda

£5m Lucas Piazón

£5m Danilo Pantic

£8  Izzy Brown

£8m Marco van Ginkel (when fully fit)

£25m Azpi

£3m  Jay Dasilva

£4m Kasey Palmer

£30m Barkely

£10m Pedro

£10m Giroud

that is £588m quid in gross sale revenue alone (and we have LOST well over £200m in potential valuations the last 2, 3 years due to fucked up sales and non sales and horrid contractual management or we could have had well over 3/4 of a BILLION quid total sales revenue)

many of those sales are already DONE (and the right numbers added in)

EVEN if I am off by £50m total 

that is bloody well OVER HALF A BILLION POUNDS STERLING (£538m)  WE CAN HAVE IN THE POT for summer 2020

so, yes, the goddamn money is THERE to grab these targets everyone is talking about

lets just drop these names

Konate or Romagnoli £70m

Chillwell £70m

Declan Rice £70m (I say Camavinga for the future (Kante can so mentor him, as they are both French), or Thomas Partey (who is only £45m with his release clause) for NOW, but the club is hellbent on Rice, which remains to be seen who is right or wrong)

Sancho £120m (he MAY be a wee bit cheaper, but I am show conservative numbers here to prove my point)

Werner £25m (due to low release clause)

TOTAL COST  £345M

LETS SAY I AM 10% UNDER-PRICING on the total (probably the CB's would be the most likely), well that leaves the total cost at £380m

That leaves us £143m to £193m net PROFIT from the sales listed AFTER the hedge

plus, we COULD sell AC AND Zouma

and buy BOTH Romagnoli AND Konate and it would still leave £90m to £140 NET PROFIT ( and that is WITH my 10% additional cost add-on hedge)

OR (as some have suggested, sell RUDIGER and NOT Zouma, plus AC (IF we go for both Konate and Romagnoli) and then you can add on and additional £15m to £20m or so to any of those net profit numbers)

That is NOT Football Manager, those are ALL HARD, realistic numbers, zero unrealistic maths

only thing is get the negotiations done and we have had AGES to plan this SHIT, so fuck right off Marina and Co. if you bollocks this shit up