Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I still think Emerson, Rudiger, Christensen and James are our best possible back four and last month barely any of them played. In my book we are playing with second unit defense for most of the season plus Kante injured all the time. So no surprise we conceded so many goals. 

plus no Kante a tonne of the time, wee baldy is a beast

I can see the vapours now (Azpi out above and no RB listed to replace)

Hello Academy

Marc Guehi

97d7f719c33e4d1fc0498a336905b259.png

or, if that is not good enough

buy

Timothy Castagne (tall, pacey Belgian) from Atalanta (as we still have, even in the worst case scenario) £63m to £113m in profit and we can grab him for around £20m or so

1ba7778baaa31af022d8af747821d9db.pngImage result for Timothy Castagneff08f13f2a0b7332a637ab7c23f699f5.png

7 hours ago, Nicco said:

Change Demble with Werner or Lautaro. Replace Rudiger with Zouma and put Diaz instead of Ake, rest looking good.

Rudi is an issue injury wise. Since 2015 he has had three injuries of over 100 days and another of 70 days+. If he breaks down again questions need to be asked about his ability to stay fit. I also agree on Ake, with a 6"1' keeper who cannot deal with balls into his six yard area, the last thing we need is another short CB. 

6 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Why would we sell our best cb of this season? As well as most improved. 

I would prefer Werner too. But if Chelsea or pool come knocking, he will choose pool for sure. 

Also, this list is based on what the outlets are saying that lamps wants. Given how well he has performed what was given to him, he desrves to get what he wants. Simple as that.

I think it depends on what you're wanting from Zouma. I think most people are ok with him as CB3/4 in the long term but do not see him as a player with the potential to become world class. Further, he would rake in £40m+. 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

I know Zouma is not the only reason for the goals

our fullbacks have overall been shit too, and Tomori and AC have made errors too (AC not so much)

I am super frustrated with our defence and (I dread saying this) Kepa atm

we need to go find a GREAT GK coach, and drill Kepa till he bleeds, he has regressed so much this year

Problem is, do you thinking the coaching staff do not know this? I think the conclusion has been made that he is awful at dealing with balls into the box and they are trying to mitigate it as much as possible. Personally, I have never seen a keeper stay on his line for set pieces as much as Kepa does and do not understand why he does it, as any shot/header from 8 yards in he is unlikely to save as it is so close to goal. The biggest problem however, is that teams have started to realise this which is why they are bombarding us from out wide - see Burnley, Ajax and Palace this weekend.

For me, Kepa was a panic buy because Granny ballsed up with TC. It was clear he was off from about 18 months prior to Summer 2018 and we did not do anything until he went on strike in mid Aug 2018. 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

I have to be honest, IF we blow out and lose Chilwell, I can see the window going truly wonky

I do not trust Marina and the targeting scouts to bring it home

we have a shameful record as of late, if not foe the academy finally coming good, we would be in massive shit

I know I am pipe dreaming on Romagnoli or Konate or Skriniar, I doubt we get any

Sancho is also SO problematic as every monster team on the planet wants him

Same for Werner (especially at that price)

I am going to be pulling my hair out IF Rudiger really is fucked up to the point he will be on and off injured for the remainder of hsi stay, and all we can bring in is Ake

if not Sancho, the RW options are POOR

unless we REALLY roll the dice on the trouble child Ousame Dembele (and that assumes Barca sells him asa decent price, which is a huge IF)

I doubt the team is even looking at any of my 3 DMF targets (the £45m steal Partey or the wunderkind Camavinga or Florentino) I think they just might toss £80m or so for Declan Rice, which is a massive gamble in my book (hopefully pays off, but jesus has he looked for shit at times this year)

I cannot even be sure we will dump Alonso or Barkley or Willian (Pedro and Giroud are the only two out for sure)

IF we fail to dump the dregs (too long to list, but many are on loan) then we are smashed on those salaries too, and the transfers potential revenue losses start to get upward of 300M (NOT A JOKE) versus timely, smart sales over the past several years

I cannot take the same 4 fullbacks here next year, it is simply asking for disaster (if we fail on Chilwell I have zero clue who move for, I have seen some truly depressing liks posted, and I myself am being worn down by the board on Telles (plus his age as well)

and, also, the continuous injuries (Rudiger already discussed) to Kante (who turns 30 next season) and RLC (his achiles is FAR worse than CHO's and I really worry for his career atm)  are huge question marks 

I still have massive hope, but we really have to thread the needle on some of these players

I do NOT want to become Arsenal

I dunno. Chilwell looks way overpriced from my prespective at £60-80m (likely to be the higher end) when players such as Telles and Gaya can probably be had for £30-45m.

Totally agree. Our boards dealings have left a lot to be desired and the young boys have kind of bailed them out as lets face it they even thought they would not get a ban this year. 

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I dunno. Chilwell looks way overpriced from my prespective at £60-80m (likely to be the higher end) when players such as Telles and Gaya can probably be had for £30-45m.

Totally agree. Our boards dealings have left a lot to be desired and the young boys have kind of bailed them out as lets face it they even thought they would not get a ban this year. 

Gaya has a 100m euro release clause and Valencia will not budge, many rate him the best LB in the world (he is tird for me, after Alaba and Robertson)

Telles is 40m euros and he is my second choice, but much of the board doesn't rate him

my LB ratings are simple

Alaba

Robertson

Gaya

Alex Sandro (not worth buying now due to age)

Chilwell

Alex Telles

Junior Firpo

Ferland Mendy

Alejandro Grimaldo

Malang Sarr (converted from CB, if we fail on Chilwell or Telles, he is deffo worth looking at)

Jordi Alba (and soon off due to age, he is already showing age, as most fullbacks due once they hit 30, 31)

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

well if Rudiger is shipped then we need TWO WC CBS (as we need one now for sure)

and Ake  (sell AC too as Ake for Ac should be close to a wash money-wise)

Bring in Konate and Romagnoli

I can so live with a 5 CB set up of Konate, Romagnoli, Tomori, Ake and Zouma

Chilwell at LB

make a bid for the £25m release clause Werner

and try and and go for Sancho

max (if we get Sancho) for all that is 350m to 400m, and we will have SO MUCH more (as in at least 100m and more than like MORE left over) than that if we just sell off the dregs (and will have close to it even if we do not, as we have already sold a shit tonne)

I think you are missing the point of my post. Rather than it being my ideal window (which would simply be a LB, ST, RW (based on William's contract)), it was a post of how we would line up with the transfers that are rumored to happen. Financially it seems plausible. 

At the end of the day, lamps has deserved to get the players he wants. He has worked brilliantly with the kids, now he deserves to get the players that he thinks would take the team to the next level. 

7 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

I think you are missing the point of my post. Rather than it being my ideal window (which would simply be a LB, ST, RW (based on William's contract)), it was a post of how we would line up with the transfers that are rumored to happen. Financially it seems plausible. 

At the end of the day, lamps has deserved to get the players he wants. He has worked brilliantly with the kids, now he deserves to get the players that he thinks would take the team to the next level. 

Do you think we can win PL or CL with Tomori - Zouma pairing? 

Zouma and Tomori are decent but i don't think both of them are good enough against Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, and Mbappe. If we are truly aiming to win PL and CL next season, we needs to buy a WC CB since none of our current CBs are WC material. 

2 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Zouma and Tomori are decent but i don't think both of them are good enough against Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero, and Mbappe. If we are truly aiming to win PL and CL next season, we needs to buy a WC CB since none of our current CBs are WC material. 

Eh? They are good enough against Mane and Salah, two players who probably have done better the past year than those mentioned bar Messi. 

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Do you think we can win PL or CL with Tomori - Zouma pairing? 

Based on the way both these players are improving, yes.

Hell, we won a CL with Cahill and Luiz as CBs, bosingwa as rb.

Moreover, I don't think it's simply about zouma and tomori. It's about the whole squad. Zouma, tomori, Andreas, ake/Rudi are 4 very good CBs. With the way lamps is designing the squad, the way it's all about meritocracy, there won't be any entitlement of starting 11 place. 

The way zouma and tomori have performed and stepped up since the pool game, I don't think there is any team that we can't go toe to toe. The issue is consistency and concentration, which will come with more experience and time. Don't forget that zouma just turned 25 and tomori is 21 

11 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Here, I would like to ask a question: Which defenders are good enough against the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, aguero, and mbappe?

I would honestly like to know.

10 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Eh? They are good enough against Mane and Salah, two players who probably have done better the past year than those mentioned bar Messi. 

Mane and Salah are still below Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, and Aguero level.

Imagine Tammy having a teammate that actually is very Creative and can play world class passes in most situations.

Tammy would explode.

I just hope we go for Ziyech. I don't think that Sancho offers as much as Ziyech would offer us

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

12 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Based on the way both these players are improving, yes.

Hell, we won a CL with Cahill and Luiz as CBs, bosingwa as rb.

Moreover, I don't think it's simply about zouma and tomori. It's about the whole squad. Zouma, tomori, Andreas, ake/Rudi are 4 very good CBs. With the way lamps is designing the squad, the way it's all about meritocracy, there won't be any entitlement of starting 11 place. 

The way zouma and tomori have performed and stepped up since the pool game, I don't think there is any team that we can't go toe to toe. The issue is consistency and concentration, which will come with more experience and time. Don't forget that zouma just turned 25 and tomori is 21 

The biggest problem is that neither of them can organise the back line (Tomori could maybe do this in time but looks more like a recovery CB2.) Both are very good at doing their job and playing well right now but to be CB1 you need to take charge of the back line. This is the reason we have conceeded so many goals as we do not have anyone organising, well that and Kepa being unable to controll his six yard area. I mean the way some people go on about the CB's you would think that as a team we are hardly letting any goals in when we have actually conceeded goals like a midtable team. 

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

The biggest problem is that neither of them can organise the back line (Tomori could maybe do this in time but looks more like a recovery CB2.) Both are very good at doing their job and playing well right now but to be CB1 you need to take charge of the back line. This is the reason we have conceeded so many goals as we do not have anyone organising, well that and Kepa being unable to controll his six yard area. I mean the way some people go on about the CB's you would think that as a team we are hardly letting any goals in when we have actually conceeded goals like a midtable team. 

In the last 6 pl games, since the Liverpool game, we have conceded just 4 goals. 

2 against Burnley after being 4-0 up, where we just switched off. Also it was more on the mid (jorginho and kova) tiring after the ajax away game rather than the defence making mistakes. 

1 goal against Watford. Softest of penalties I have ever seen. Also jorginho mistake. 

Only goal that was on the defence was the soton goal.

Irrespective, since the zouma-tomori partnership has taken hold, we have been brilliant defensively. Even the games like caraboa cup and ajax, it was far more on the full backs rather than the center backs, and infact mostly on Alonso. If zouma and tomori continue this (4 goals in 6 PL games stuff), there is no reason to go out and spend big money when can do that to buy on a LB, second striker, RW (Sancho if willian don't extend). Those are far more important.