Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Nobody on earth can say, X is Felix best quality. I really do not know what to expect other than no movement of the needle, a few nice moments to paper over that. 

I like Conor and I am not a fan of Felix but no one can contest Felix being an infinitely better footballer. In isolation this is not a bad  deal given it’s effectively a straight swap with little cash effect on the B/S but logging in pure profit in the I/S. 

But while losing Conor weakens our midfield slightly, does Felix improve our attack? What does he offer in addition to the embarrassment of richches we already have in his position? 

tactically well done this deal but strategically still makes no sense. I hope there is a clear plan in place to get rid of Sterling and/or mudryk bc otherwise we will have at least 2 expensive attackers sitting out every game sulking on the stands 

Cracks me up Rio straight on his podcast "from what I'm hearing he wants clarity on the situation, the last convo they had wasn't that he was surplus to requirements" Re: Raheem.

Not direct quotes but watch it and it's pretty much that. So ridiculous how childish Raheem is.

7 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

The length of the contracts now that the rule is in place on depreciation makes me really think we are in for some ban. Especially the Palmer deal.

Might be part of it. Secure our assets on super long contracts so that if any kind of punishment ever happens a bunch of other clubs can’t swoop in like vultures and take away our best players for peanuts.

But I think this is mostly just a very American way of doing things as I well know as an American. 

Felix may be an oddball as is Sterling, but IF we'd get VO I wonder whether it would mean Clearlake decided to quietly move from the "only exciting project players" philosophy into more realistic approach without loudly admitting it doesn't work in top football or it's a sign of scattergun whatever stick haywire approach, especially in context of potential ban. If so, it's interesting concept to wade into multi-window transfer ban without a goalkeeper or rather with bus full of Championship level ones.

Trying to imagine which PL clubs outside the Big 6 would be interested in Sterling and who would be rich enough to pay him a huge wage. The on,y ones who have really been splashing the money in recent years are West Ham, Newcastle, and Villa. But all of those clubs have key players in wide positions already.

Sterling would probably think he’s far too good to go somewhere like Palace who would probably love him to replace Olise.

So with all of that being the case he pretty much has to move abroad. But most of these big non-PL clubs like the Italians are broke. Like, I can absolutely see Inter/Milan/Juve/Roma proposing a loan for him with their cheap asses. 

His options and ours are super limited. This is why I’d have held off on trying to bin him and tried to move Mudryk instead.

12 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Felix may be an oddball as is Sterling, but IF we'd get VO I wonder whether it would mean Clearlake decided to quietly move from the "only exciting project players" philosophy into more realistic approach without loudly admitting it doesn't work in top football or it's a sign of scattergun whatever stick haywire approach, especially in context of potential ban. If so, it's interesting concept to wade into multi-window transfer ban without a goalkeeper or rather with bus full of Championship level ones.

Maybe the extent of the evidence they have presented to the premier league is really bad and know we are in for a massive transfer ban or even relegation, got decent young players in on minimal wages to see us threw the bad patch then after they can sell them on at a profit. Truth is we have know idea what's going on and why, it's all guess work.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

Crystal Palace are closely monitoring Carney Chukwuemeka's situation but may be put off should the asking price move much beyond the £20 million.

(@NickPurewal)

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

We’re paying only about £10m more for Felix than Leicester just payed for Oliver Skipp. A player who any time I’ve watched doesn’t even look like a PL caliber footballer.

Yes but we paid 26m more for Mudryk a player who any time I've watched doesn't even look like a footballer.