Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

He may end up being correct in the end but I 100% guarantee that this guy has never seen Jorgensen play before just like most of us. So to say something like this before the season even starts is just hating on Chelsea as usual.

Martin Samuel is pretty balanced when it comes to Chelsea, and has even defended the club during our glory days, even when snide comments of being filthy rich were bandied about. Even his daughter is a Chelsea fan.

I don't think he is the run of the mill hater. And also, lot of fans share the same view. All of our current goalkeepers have question marks on them.

I don’t get the hate of English journalists who overhype English players. In the past 20 years we have been very successful and have at least 20 legendary players from that period. Of them only Terry is from the academy. Of all the HG players we have sold none has become one of the best. The players who we regret selling in retrospect are Salah and KDB. Chalobah and Gallagher will never play for Real or Man city. If we aim for the top we should be ruthless. At the end of the day there are no guarantees of success, but keeping the academy lads can’t be the answer.

I get they bleed for the badge, but so do I. It isn’t enough to play for London’s finest. 

BREAKING: Joao Felix is very close to Chelsea for €45M+ add-on, Atlético de Madrid's initial demands of €60M have been reduced, as Chelsea would accept to sell Conor Gallagher for less than the agreed amount. Between fixed and variable amounts, it could be €55m.

via@MercadoATM

Hmm😵‍💫

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Sounds like this swap deal with Lukaku for Osimhen plus Casadei has a bit of legs in it. 40M plus them two, we get two nothing players off the books, happy with that.

Problem is VO looks like he may be a nothing player within a year or two as well. 

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Off topic slightly but fuck me how much does Romano adore Mbappe, Vini Jr and Bellingham- he must literally get his cock out everytime they play

Well, they are 3 of the top 5 players on the planet, along with Rodri and Håland.

I am deffo going to be watching Real's games this season. I do think they will miss Kroos, especially as Camavinga is now out for a couple months at least, and their back 4 needs additions for sure.

6 hours ago, LAM09 said:

There has to be consistency across the board with how the FA deals out punishments. If we do end up with a lengthy transfer ban as rumours have suggested, City ought to be getting the book through at them (I honestly can't see a world where relegation isn't mentioned should things be fair when it comes to the "do the crime, do the time" motto). 

Corruption will have well and truly taken over the British game (at least) if they get away almost scot-free. 

The investigation has not got anything to do with the FA, it's the Premier League.

This is where it gets interesting. The Premier League is owned by the clubs who are currently in it, and I'm not so sure that Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal et al would be open to allowing Man City get off with a soft punishment, especially after they refused to cooperate with the investigation. Let's not forget that many clubs have made big sacrifices to ensure they stayed within the regulations, so they'll also want their pound of flesh.

The only question for me is whether or not the Premier League managed to get their regulations watertight enough to survive the legal challenge that Man City will bring. It's worth noting that the Premier league does have the resources to ensure that they had all their ducks in a row, so there's every chance that Man City will get the book thrown at them.

If I had to choose a punishment, I'd given them a 200 to 400 point deduction that would carry over through the following seasons, on top of a long transfer ban. It would be interesting to see them struggle to hold on to their players, whilst they drop down through the leagues.

40 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Well, they are 3 of the top 5 players on the planet, along with Rodri and Håland.

I am deffo going to be watching Real's games this season. I do think they will miss Kroos, especially as Camavinga is now out for a couple months at least, and their back 4 needs additions for sure.

I know what they are, but every-time they play he tells us and gives us a walk through guide that they have just shot wide from 20 yards or scored a goal...I mean what the fuck, put ya cock away and reign it in

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Sounds like this swap deal with Lukaku for Osimhen plus Casadei has a bit of legs in it. 40M plus them two, we get two nothing players off the books, happy with that.

@Special Juan wonder if Napoli need a GK as well?   We have a whole first team squad available! 

1 minute ago, Reddish-Blue said:

@Special Juan wonder if Napoli need a GK as well?   We have a whole first team squad available! 

Yeah I thought about Kepa, but sounds like it's Lukaku and Casadei the front runners at the moment