Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Felix played well in his time here. What makes you so against him playing for us?

He huffs and puffs a lot. Wee moments. Flashes of brilliance of what he could do but he doesn’t have anywhere near enough consistency, particularly for a supposed elite level attacking player aged 24.

And which position would he play here and ahead of who? He isn’t really a proper left winger as such, lacking the athleticism and pace modern day wingers have and he isn’t a better option than Nkunku as a 10. He certainly isn’t a striker either. 

Seems like a proper luxury player. Will do the odd thing or two which you go wow but over 38 games and when it really matters, just going to be a passenger. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

He created one big chance his entire time here (for context Lewis Hall created more at Old Trafford alone) and in 15 of 20 games he registered 0.00 xA and < 0.5 xG. 

Then there's his off the ball workrate which is next to non existent and that is a huge problem in a system like Maresca's, especially when we already have to find a way to somewhat compensate for Nkunku and Palmer off the ball (who look like Kante and Essien workrate wise compared to Felix).

Given Clearlake’s insistence on a data led approach it is surprising if those stats are what he put out. Genuinely think its this desperation to ensure we sell Gallagher so now we are open to taking anybody from Atletico who they don’t want to make sure the deal goes through…

Like on a footballing point of view, makes no to little sense (although what does now with this mob running things?). You’re bang on about the off the ball stuff. I mean this is probably one of the biggest reasons as to why he was a none starter for Pochettino. Irrespective of this perceived ability. If Maresca wants a high press - his type of profile is out of the question. I mean why do people think he has struggled and fallen out with Simeone at Atletico also?

Not to mention his actual position in a team, in the past 3 seasons he has been used as a 10, a wide left, a second striker, player up front… I guess people like the idea of him because he has shown little snippets of ability in certain moments but for someone aged 24, who is supposed to be someone who could an “elite level attacking player” should it not be a lot more clear and obvious what position he would play in a team? And what sort of player he actually is?

I badly want to laugh hysterically at Liverpool for missing out on their top target mere days before the season starts but we have our own business that can fall through. 😅😅😅

But goddamn, people bitch and moan about our transfer dealings. Look at Liverpool! Don’t think they’ve signed a single player, have they? Their fans are in total meltdown.

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I badly want to laugh hysterically at Liverpool for missing out on their top target mere days before the season starts but we have our own business that can fall through. 😅😅😅

But goddamn, people bitch and moan about our transfer dealings. Look at Liverpool! Don’t think they’ve signed a single player, have they? Their fans are in total meltdown.

They signed a youngster of us, I only know because the lad I work with is a pool fan and hasn't stfu about it 🤣

Wonder if Barca will let Vitor Roque (19) leave. Everton have shown interest apparently.

He was looking slightly short of Endrik promise in Brazil until he had a bad ankle injury, and then moved to Barca before getting back to full form. 

Really seems as if Felix was going to happen any moment after it all popped off last night. Yet nothing today at all.

But more concerning is that there has been no Gallagher update.